Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
El Problemo Dude

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ringwiln

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:55 pm
Is it possible? Recently I converted back from Paganism to Christianity, but I'm not willing to throw my Pagan beliefs aside so easily. Is there a way for me to be Christian and Pagan? I've heard of Christian-Wiccan, so I was really hoping it might be the same for my situation. I really don't want to give up on my Pagan beliefs but I feel I'm supposed to be Christian. I can't ask other Christians for help because I already know what they'll say.
Any way you guys could give me a possible solution?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:02 pm
First things first.

What about Christianity is important to you? Why are you a Christian? If you were to blend faiths (which I am not encouraging at this point) what is it from Christianity that you want to retain?

Second things second.

What Pagan beliefs are you hanging onto at present? What did you like about Paganism when you were one? What elements of Paganism would you want to retain while a Christian?

There is no Christian Wicca, but for us to know which direction we should help point you in, we need to know what aspects of Christianity and of Paganism that you feel are the most important. It could be that there's a sect of Christianity that can properly fill all these points.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Esselean

Tipsy Fairy

11,225 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:26 am
It might help to know why the convert to Christianity? Do the beliefs sit better with you? Why do you want to keep your Pagan beliefs?
Maybe if you can figure out the reasons behind your beliefs you can more easily decide on whats best for you. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:56 am
San and Esse have asked the most important questions, so I leave that part alone. You may want to check out the book ChristoPaganism: An Inclusive Path by River and Joyce Higginbotham. (their website)

You might also want to look and see if there are any UUA churches in your area...

Quote:
Unitarian Universalism is a theologically diverse religion, in which members support one another in the search for truth and meaning. Individual Unitarian Universalists may also identify as Atheist, Agnostic, Buddhist, Christian, Hindu, Humanist, Jewish, Muslim, Pagan, or with other philosophical or religious traditions.

ncsweet
Crew

*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces