Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Series 5 Sailor moon stars ****BIG SPOILERS***** Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

what SM series is the best
  Original
  Romance
  S
  SuperS
  Stars
View Results

tererun

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:04 pm
First thing this is a post to discuss some of the parts of the stars series openly. There will be no attempt made to hide plot points and this thread is best read by people who have seen the sereies. I will warn you this is one of the best most emotional series and I recommend waiting until you have seen it to read any of this even if spoilers don't usually bother you because it may take away from what is one of the better SM experiences, and there are a lot of new things in this series despite how some of the past ones have been a bit similar. There also may be spoilers about all the rest of SM I have seen all of it I am aware of except the live action, and I have already read a bunch of spoilers on that.

Spoiler space-----------

OK, If I had to pick a best series the 5th one would be it. So much of the buildup of the previous series comes to conclusion here that it is hard not to see it as the end. As much as I would love more, I can't see how much more it can give us, and even though some future plot points might be cool to see, it may lessen the true ending that was here. One of the questions often asked by people who have not seen this series is why is Usagi going to be queen. I could understand the confusion especially to those who have only seen up to he end of season 4 where we don't see the true ending of that arch. In the end of season 4 and one of the most dissapointing things about it we see Usagi finally make a sacrifice. We see her give up on Neherania and leave her to a cold lonely fate to save Chibi Usa. Now, my dislike for Chibi-usa aside this is very unlike her. The usagi of the previous series would not have given up so easily on Neherania. She would have seen who Neherania was and not given up on her. To truly be usagi she had to suffer to save Neherania. Neherania had to be reclaimed and restored. The beginning of stars corrects this, and Sailor Galaxias influence in it could be no more apropriate. Sometimes chaos is necessary, and it has to continue to exist. It belongs in the stars series, but the unfortunate side effect is it futher muddles why someone so silly or clumsy as usagi would have the power to be queen. What was it that Haruka and Micharu saw at the end of S that made them finally accept Usagi? We are finally able to see that in her choices at the end of Stars.

Usagi no longer has Chibi Usa to drive her nuts like a younger sibling. Mamoru is gone and she can no longer rely on him to be her rescuer. She is forced to rely on herself for the first time in her life and she had no little sister to distract her. Even up to the end where everyone sacrifices themselves leaving her to fight on her own. We see why they are so willing and able to do this. They may make a final stand, but even Haruka and Micharu know it was not going to succede. They knew only Usagi could really stop it. They new Galaxia was unbalanced and that chaos itself had gone out of balance and that only Usagi's power to heal and bring back balance was the only real way to win. They knew no attack could defeat her, but that only through splitting chaos up to where it could be balanced again would save the day, and only she knew how to do that.

The villains in this series were just really some of the best out there. Who can forget the cute stressed out nature of sailor iron Mouse. The more that phone rang the more jumpy she got. You just wanted to jump in and save her yourself. I have trouble choosing between her and mimete only because of mimete's meltdown. Aluminum siren and her partner who's name slips my mind right now were just an awesom pair. Then Tin Nyanko Just completely losing it at the end as her good side and bad side fought.

The new senshi finally brought transgenderism to the side of good. No longer did we have to root for people like zoicite or fish eye who were truly great to begin with. Now we had a sex changing boy band with attacks like star gentle uterus. There is not another series out there with such delightful sexual humor. Ranma might come close, but we could have fit 2 or three series of jokes in there. All that and maintaining the serious and sometimes tear jerkingly sad tragedy that was befalling them all. To go from watching a funny gender humor episode like the one where they are all filming a horror movie, to the touching and dommed relationship between Usagi and Seiya, and finally watching Sailor Uranus and Neptune die just inches from eachother. This is the series for the sailor moon fan. It just pulled no punches.

It is just a tragedy that this may never hit the US fans many who would apreciate it so much. It is good that the fansubs are out there for people to to get. It is one of the true tragedies the conservative right have contributed to. It is just a TV series, but it is so great. In the end of all the things I have learned about the forgiving nature of jesus and his own way of sacrificing himself for others even though they may be guilty I can think of no one who embodies so much self sacrifice and such a noble message as Usagi in this final series. In a way it is more of a telling of a story that mjay reach out to a more modern audience or female audience and show them how admirable those qualities are and how we should aspire to them. As a person there are very few people who I would put my faith in or bow down in subjigation to, but Usagi is one of them. If she existed could you imagine how great that would be? Mamoru beware I would so try to romance that one away from you.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:02 pm
stars is definatly a 'coming of age' series ^_^ <3  

SteelPatrickHarris

Solar Kitty-chan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:43 pm
I think I liked every season except SuperS. It was nothing like the manga. Of course, i did like the Trio and the Quartet from the anime... I'm just a big fan of Chibi-Usa. Stars, in my opinion, was a wonderful season. It really did pull things together quite nicely, especially the final battle with Sailor Galaxia.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:47 pm
All
i can say is
i loved it!!!

heart _ heart

sakura_senshii

[bunni_vengeance]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:46 am

I loved the SailorMoon Stars series, I literally cried during the last few episodes!

The starlights were AMAZING and I must admit I think I even loved the villians in this series more than any other.

Also ChibiChibi is the cutest thing i've ever seen . . . the whole series just fits in perfectly . . . it's not like alot of other series where the end is just thrown together . . . I really felt that it was built up to perfectly.

*Side Note: I live in the US . . . got the Stars DVD set off of ebay*
whee heart 4laugh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:14 am
The stars season was absoulutely magical!!! The villians were the best! i adored the Sailor starlights and the music was sensational! I got the dvd off ebay too! but I live in the United kingdom so it was harder.  

Animeneaux

sailoranimecode

Lonely Member

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:32 pm
I like all the seasons, except for Super S. I wish that season had followed the magna more. It would have been nice to have the outer sailor soldiers for more than just two seasons.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:15 pm
I have to disgree with one point. usagi never gave up on Neherania. Just at the time, she had two choices. Save Chibi usa or stay and try to keep working on Neherania. She choose to dive for Chibi usa. She would have gone back if she had a choice but Neherania had already sealed herself away.

But otherwise this series was one of the best ir not the best  

AirAce

Original Genius

28,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Signature Look 250

Mercuryangel
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:46 pm
I adored stars SO mcuh...it's the favorite of all my seasons...it was very very real...and the villians were wonderful, and the plot line.

Like Haruka and Michiru's betrayal? You completely knew that there was a catch, but you couldn't figure it out...I was so tense at the last few episodes...  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:56 am
AirAce
I have to disgree with one point. usagi never gave up on Neherania. Just at the time, she had two choices. Save Chibi usa or stay and try to keep working on Neherania. She choose to dive for Chibi usa. She would have gone back if she had a choice but Neherania had already sealed herself away.

But otherwise this series was one of the best ir not the best

I'm in agreement here. Usagi said "I still pity you." I don't know if that was a purely accurate translation, but it showed that she still had hope for Nehelenia and refused to hate her for what she did. Otherwise she would have killed Nehelenia when Mamoru was stolen away in Stars.

Really... you'd think Usagi would be USED to Mamoru being stolen away and backhanding her the next time they meet... sweatdrop Abusive Spouse Syndrome, anyone?  

Syndrama

lightsenshi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:47 am
~Alechsa~

Really... you'd think Usagi would be USED to Mamoru being stolen away and backhanding her the next time they meet... sweatdrop Abusive Spouse Syndrome, anyone?

You sure it isn't the bleach that she uses to keep her hair blonde? whee  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:16 am
i never saw it!!! and i dont no how i am goin to either!!  

azores

dn_chrono_dear

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:37 am
i bought the season5 series on ebay ^^ and its AMAZING! i <3 it like crazy!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:19 pm
About the backhand:

I guess some things are just not strong enough to get through Usagi's odangoes... sweatdrop  

Mercuryangel
Crew

Likely Forgotten

Timid Tipper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:01 am
I've read the manga of it. It's really good and I like the last part when Usagi and Mamoru get married. Right now I need to get some money to buy the Sailor Stars set from Ebay. (I live in the US as well.)  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff