Submit

Awesome, right?
  Yep.
  Yep.
View Results

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:37 pm
mrgreen

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I just got back from a midnight release a buddy of mine and I attended. I tend to blather on sometimes, but right now I'm just going to have my shower and pop that (seventy ******** dollars!) disc in. Joy should follow

3:30 AM EDIT: Okay, now that I've actually played the game... it's really good! And so frantic. There's not enemies behind you, or in front of you, but everywhere. Rooftops, between buildings. I mean it can be so hard to find a place where no one can shoot at you! I mean they say war is hell, but I finally understand what that means.

There's lots of guns to choose from, but I haven't had a spare moment to test everything out. The variety is great, though. I audibly groaned when the first pistol given to you in training (I say training, but it was very quick and clean) was a DEagle, but there was an M9 nearby, so I switched it out. I appreciated the reference to Red Dawn in the (fourth?) mission, but it was a bit disturbing to play through a firefight on American soil against Russians parachuting into the suburbs. And by disturbing, what I really mean is awesome.

Love the quick-attack with the combat knife. heart

I hope the single-player campaign is a long one, because I see myself charging through it.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:22 am
Come to think of it, I believe that is the most appalling game I have ever seen. More so than RapeLay.

It has an optional mission where you massacre civilians. I find that to be just as bad, if not worse, than a game where your goal is to shoot up a school.

Because of that bullshit stunt, I'm getting Borderlands.  

Shrantic

Maddness91

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:41 am
Shrantic
It has an optional mission where you massacre civilians. I find that to be just as bad, if not worse, than a game where your goal is to shoot up a school.
u mean super columbine massacre RPG? that was an odd game...  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:58 am
Shrantic
Come to think of it, I believe that is the most appalling game I have ever seen. More so than RapeLay.

That's exactly the point. What better way to show you how ******** insane/evil the bad guys are? That said, I wonder if it's possible to fail?

I went by the local game-hole-in-the-wall yesterday, and three guys were camped out front. Seriously? Is it worth waiting outside when the entire line is you and your two buddies who drove there in the same car as you? Anywho, I saw a scene on a trailer in Best Buy where you get ******** SKYHOOKED out of a firefight. ********' hardcore, man.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:06 am
$60 FOR CONSOLE????

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:11 pm
Shrantic

Yeah, in the airport as an undercover agent with some evil Russians. I just shot over everybody's heads.

It was pretty bad, so I didn't mention it.  

ArmasTermin

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:16 pm
ArmasTermin
Shrantic

Yeah, in the airport as an undercover agent with some evil Russians. I just shot over everybody's heads.

It was pretty bad, so I didn't mention it.
Well, I guess that answers my question.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:31 pm
Fresnel
Shrantic

That's exactly the point. What better way to show you how ******** insane/evil the bad guys are? That said, I wonder if it's possible to fail?
Then why not a cut scene? Mario didn't have to kidnap Princess Peach. neutral
Quote:
I went by the local game-hole-in-the-wall yesterday, and three guys were camped out front. Seriously? Is it worth waiting outside when the entire line is you and your two buddies who drove there in the same car as you? Anywho, I saw a scene on a trailer in Best Buy where you get ******** SKYHOOKED out of a firefight. ********' hardcore, man.
Pft. James Bond has been doing that kinda s**t for years.  

Shrantic

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:50 pm
Shrantic
Fresnel
Shrantic

Then why not a cut scene? Mario didn't have to kidnap Princess Peach. neutral
Because forcing you to do it yourself makes you hate your character even more.
Quote:
Quote:
Pft. James Bond has been doing that kinda s**t for years.
Yeah, but never in-game.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:25 pm
I finally got my 360 online! And realized I could have months ago if I'd just thought of what I needed to do.

Online play is fun, though I die a lot. I think everyone does.

Gamertag is Armas Termin (easy to remember?)  

ArmasTermin

Thdark

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:38 pm
Just picked it up.

I can't believe how many perks, attachments and.... STUFF there is.
It's a bit of sensory overload.

Oh, and my gamertag is Karabiner 98

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:40 pm
ArmasTermin
I finally got my 360 online! And realized I could have months ago if I'd just thought of what I needed to do.

Online play is fun, though I die a lot. I think everyone does.

Gamertag is Armas Termin (easy to remember?)

Expect a friend request from SBBuckner in a few minutes!

I has MW2 and night vision goggles, which work fairly well, I should add. Multiplayer feels completely different from CoD4. I don't know how, but it does.  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:53 pm
Thdark
Just picked it up.

Wait...
Perks?
Like CoD: WaW?

If so;
Not getting it.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:08 pm
OberFeldwebel
Thdark
Just picked it up.

Wait...
Perks?

If so;
Not getting it.

Almost any weapon and be suppressed, including the SPAS12 and RPD

Martyrdom is a death perk, so it only happens after you have been killed 4 times in a row. And it unlocks much later.

"Double Tap" is now "Rapid Fire" and is a weapon attachment :/

NEW!
Bling: 2 weapon attachments
Marathon: unlimited sprint
Scavenger: resupply from dead enemies
Cold Blooded: undetectable by UAV and Heartbeat sensor
Scrambler: jams radar of enemies near you

Stopping Power returns!
Slight of Hand returns!
Steady Aim returns!  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:15 pm
OberFeldwebel
Thdark
Just picked it up.

Wait...
Perks?

If so;
Not getting it.
Didn't CoD4 have perks, too?

And I'm still going to play the shooting-civvies-in-Russian-airport level. As far as I'm concerned, it's just a level in a game, and it's no more offensive than GTA.

Besides, it will never be as offensive as Postal and Postal 2. I absolutely refuse to play those games at all.  
Chatterbox/Humor

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff