Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 09 Level 1 - Casual RPs (archive)
Monster Hunter-100 years (Remake, now accepting) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Durban59-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:27 pm
Due to popular demand, I'm giving this another shot.

The monster hunter. Just the name imagines a powerful warrior, capable of slaying gigantic beasts without too much effort. But in truth, these hunters are all too human. In fact, there's nothing really legendary about them, except for their bravery. The real legends are the creatures they face. From small wyverns to giant Elder Dragons, the human race is just barely fighting to maintain it's rank at the top of the food chain.

However, it's the 100th anniversary of the first founding of the monster hunters. That day, the first monster was slain by an ancient hunter. But this monster was a creature of darkness. It promised the hunter that it would return in 100 years to wreak revenge upon him and all of it's kind.

It's been 100 years, and the hunters have been enjoying their lives, killing dangerous creatures for a profit. But for some reason, the elder hunters themselves have been uneasy. Something big is about to happen. Now is the time to call for all hunters!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:32 pm
Rules:

The combat will be against NPC creatures. However, the actual contracted creatures are not easy to kill. So don't act like superheroes. Because you're not.

I will post up any contracts of creatures that are to be slain, and I will manage any encounters of lesser creatures.

You all know the no cybering, god-modding, yadda yadda.

PM all profiles with the class you will be choosing. The classes are as follows in the next post (if you're already a fan of the Monster Hunter franchise, I doubt you'll need to know, anyway XP)  

Durban59-

Durban59-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:34 pm
Classes:

Short sword and shield: Perfect for beginners as much as experts, this short blade is fast, dependable, and comes with a small sheild for blocking. Covers anything from daggers to short blades.

Great Sword: A giant blade designed for strength and easy kills. It's size makes it easy to defend yourself, but also makes attacks very slow. Covers anything from giant claymores to great axes

Long Sword: A refined version of the Great Sword, it has the power and increased speed. However, they are easily frail and can't block. However, the more blood that is spilt on the blade, the greater the power. Covers great katanas as well as scythes

Dual blades: A blade in each hand, this was used by the very first Hunter. Therefore, temporary demon powers are blessed for this class. However, with each hand occupied, you can't block. Hook swords are a great example.

Hammer: The best in full offense, this weapon is strong enough to break the toughest of hides. However, it's lumbering slow. But it's special attack is powerful enough to stun enemies

Hunting Horn: This weapon is about the same as the hammer, but functions as a musical horn. The songs can either increase health, stamina, attack, or defense power.

Lance: An advanced weapon, this was designed for more precision-based hunting. Also comes with a shield used for blocking. Lance users are well known for their charges.

Gunlance: A lance. But with an attached gun. Nuff said. This lance is for those who want a little more reach and firepower. The Gunlance also has a special ability that allows it to fire a blast with the power of a Wyvern's breath.

Bowgunners: come in both Light and Heavy classes. Using advanced crossbows, this class is range all the way. The light bowgunners have a special rapid-fire ability that allow multiple shots. The heavy bowgunners have a shield attached to their gun to block any blow.

Bow: The most versatile weapon to date, the bow is made to kill from either up close or far away. Comes with a variety of coatings to increase the deadliness of the arrows it fires.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:03 pm
Profiles:

Basic profile skeleton is as follows:

Username:
Name:
Class:
Bio sad A short history of your character)
Photograph:
Weapon: (A small photo of the weapon itself. If a photo can't be found, just describe how it looks.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Username: Durban59
Name: Anaheim Windstread
Class: Long Sword
Bio: Growing up in a world where a human wasn't the highest on the food chain, Anaheim wasn't easily safe. Having his homeland first burned to the ground by an elder dragon really didn't start his life right. However, he saw the monster hunters as his inspiration and his life. And so, he took the opportunity to join up when he was 19 years old. When he did, he was given the usual short sword and shield for beginners. His trials and slayings eventually earned him his own choice of class and weapon.
Photo:User Image
Weapon: User Image (About 5 feel long)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Username: Durban59
Name: Ostrava Boletaria
Class: Hammer
Bio:Ostrava came from a long line of nobles and kings, easily pampered and well treeated. But that didn't supress his need for adventure. He joined the monstuer hunters in an attempt to try and spend some of those cravings in an actual life-or-death situation. He found that the hammer was an appropriate weapon, and he tends to get a little overboard when it comes to getting the edge in a fight Also, he was involved in underground pagan cults that worshipped some monsters as gods.
Photograph: User Image
Weapon: User Image

Username: LuckyStarz_DietCoke
Name: Shino Rimimorou
Class: Duel Blades
Bio:Shino has been the type where she's always "One of the Boys". Most female hunters go for the small stuff, but SHino enjoys watching a Kut-Ku fall screeching. Fun? Nah. Its a habit.
Photograph:User Image
Weapon: Its in the picture up there

Name:Czar Kaze
Class: LS (Long Sword)
Bio: A Monster Hunter who had his own share of adventures and hunts. When he was thirteen years old, Czar took a look on the world that is Monster Hunter, he tried to take a few requests, only to come back with the mission failed. Knowing he needed some work, he spent the next six years, learning on how to be an expert hunter. Upon reaching the age of nineteen and earned his right of passage by his Parents, he set off to the world of Monster Hunter once again; With him is his Father's long sword; the same sword he used to take down a couple of elder dragons. Five years have passed since he started and Czar completed many hunts, and acquired various items, zenny, and materials used to update his weapons, and armor. Now he helps out other hunters through hunts, trades, or advise. He currently awaits for her sister to join him in his adventures.
Photograph:User Image
Weapon: The Smoldering Dragon Sword, A Long and sharp sword with the dragon element infused within the blade. The Sheath is colored blue, with black stripes. When unsheathed, the back Side of the blade was carved off of a dragon's bone with jagged pointed ends; resembling a dragon's teeth while the cutting side is the metal part of a typical katana. Although it's sharp, it loses it's sharpness after a while.

Name:Rita Kaze
Class: light Bowgunner;
Bio: Rita Kaze wanted to follow in her brother's footsteps of becoming a monster hunter the only problem is, she can't swing a sword around without letting go the blade, accidentally hitting someone with it, or breaking the sword. With all hope lost, she incidentally picked up a light bowgun, during an invasion of Vespoid. As a result she was able to fend off of all the Vespoids before they could deal some real damage. it was right there and then that she found out that her calling wasn't a sword, but a bowgun. Once she spent some time, practicing around with a bowgun, customizing it to fit her style, once she turned nineteen, she sets of towards the world of Monster hunter; looking for her brother.
Weapon: The design of the bowgun, resembles a phoenix. The Bowgun itself fires most of the shots but also fires Lvl 1,2,3 Fire S lvl 1 Normal S lvl 1,2, Pierce S and Tranquilizer S with Rapid Fire

Username: Krav3n88
Name: Malcolm Grimm
Class: Great Weapon
Bio: Malcolm came from a town located In the heart of the desert. Every since he was a child he was in charge of shooing away virmin and other pests. Being born large already but soon he grew to a stagging 6'3 and weight in over 340 pounds of pure muscle. As his change happened he quickly took up hunting for game with the other men. Having his great strength and high endurance, Malcolm has been known to run down ever the largest of prey. At the age of 19 he set out to join the Hunters in order to bring back money for his town. Since most weapons ended up breaking from the amount of power in his swings. Malcolm was givin a Monser Axe, forged in its Blood and Steel bones of a Evil Demonic like Monster. There is Humors that he was affected by Monster blood from his weapon and that is why he is so large and powerful.
Weapon: The Beast Battle Axe Blade head is about the width of his broad chest and is about 4 feet tall.
User Image

Username: The Ballad
Name: Dancey Monstrodyne
Class: Gunlance
Bio: Vivica grew up in a small fishing villiage raised by her grandfather, a part-time fisherman and quite famous retired monster hunter. He taught her hand-to-hand combat and passed down his gunlance skills. Not one for fighting, Vivica prefered singing and acting to combat training, but she learned quickly and was an excellent pupil. She treasured those log days and nights sparring with her grandfather- it was a special time of bonding for them, and it made her both emotionally and physically tough. Now she is grown, her grandfather has passed away, and she is traveling, searching for a theatre, a traveling troop of actors, somebody she can perform with.

Hunter Name: KaiTenSatsuma

Class: Blademaster: Titernia/Devil Slicer (Alternates Between Great Sword and Long Sword depending on Prey, you know, flexibility is important.... if that is allowed at least, I'd add a Bow but that would be too much...if I cant Alternate please delete Devil Slicer and stick with Titernia)

Bio: Klarth started out like any other child of his village: His family of a mother, father, two sisters and a brother got along well, for there was no reason to fight other than the minor disputes which occur between children over broken toys or simple teasing. All of them occasionally worked either at home or around town, either helping their father who helped transport materials between the Jungle and Desert towns, occasionally making trips through the freezing climates of the northern mountains. Their mother worked at the guild, organizing contracts for the hunters who visited or lived there to take. Eventually the brother and two sisters had moved away and settled down to start families of their own, but Klarth had been so star-struck one day by a hunter's victorious return from a difficult hunt he had decided to join the ranks of Monster Hunters around the continent. For four long years he apprenticed with the various village elders, experienced hunters, each rewarding him with valuable insight and techniques, and now he was ready to finally and officially join the guild...

Weapon:TiterniaUser Image
And Devil Slicer User Image

Name: Aurelia "Aura" Dragonhunter
Class: Bow
Bio: Aura is a direct descendant of the first dragon hunter. Her parents were assigned to hunt down one of the oldest known dragons in the world as a result the descendants of this particular bloodline has silver white hair and golden eyes. Aura was seven years old at the time. Her uncle took a picture of them as they said their usual farewells. Unfortunately, her parents never returned. Aura's uncle didn't approve of the monster hunters, so she trained with a bow and some arrows telling her uncle it was just a sport. On her 20th birthday, her uncle announced that she was going to marry some guy in an arranged marriage. She escaped to the comforts of the group that her parents had been apart of: Monster Hunters. The only thing she took with her was the photograph of her and her parents.
Since Aura tends to keep to herself, Anaheim and his companion, Kota are the only ones who really know who she is.. Most from the guild think she is some sort of ghost due to her silver white hair and golden eyes and also because her ancestor's unique appearance has been mostly forgotten cept for some history books that mention it..
For her 22nd birthday and somewhat of a 2 year close friendship, Durban (and Kota) prepared a lovely gift for her.. Her own companion.. and also appears to be Kota's love interest,

Username: Nex Remeo
Name: Myia Crinina
Class: Hammer
Bio:I was born with both my parents until I turned two years old when they separated. Then I spent my life with my father and he is the one who tought me to use the hammer. I become much like a tomboy except for my appearance. My grandmother would take me sometimes and teach me how to be a proper lady. In the end I become really confused about my self wonder which way was best for me. She developed two distinct personalities. Now I am staying by myself as me and my father have two totally different views on how I should live my my life and that has lead to many fights.
Weapon:Battle Hammer The handle is much longer. The handle of the Battle Hammer is five feet long.

Username: Heartless901

Name: Sodam Yhat

Class: Short Sword and Shield.

Bio: Born into a family of weaponsmiths in Pokke Village, Sodam was introduced to the hunter's life from a very young age. Helping his mother with the hammers and anvils, and his father with the design and the logistics, he grew to be a connoisseur of various weapons. Sodam learned to hunt from the various friends and clients of his parents, he decided to try it out. With a trophy of a Roarudorosu head at the age of 19, he cemented his place as a hunter, and hopes to one day slay an Akantor, to bring pride and wealth to his family.

Photograph:
User Image

Weapon(s) & gear:
User Image

Username: the sweet tigris
Name: Tigris (Tigg)
Class: Long sword or Dual Blades, depends what she feels like using
Bio: Grew up with only a father, because her mother died of an illness when she was 4. Her father was a hunter, and a very good one too. She was taught to hunt when she was 10 years old, her father took her on easy hunts, like Anteka and small groups of Giaprey . Her father tried to teach her how to use a Bowgun, but she just had no interest in it. When she turned 15, her father took her on her first Giadrome hunt. Tigris’s father took care of the Giaprey and let her fight the Giadrome, but attacked the Giadrome after he killed the Giaprey. Tigris had the final blow, and cut the Giadrome’s head off. When Tigris turned 18, her father declared her a true hunter, and gave her his Black Katana. Her favorite monster to kill is any kind of Raptor.
Weapon: Long Sword - http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/monsterhunter/images/thumb/4/42/HORNLS.jpg/250px-HORNLS.jpg

Dual Blades - Snow Venom - http://riotsaber.exteen.com/images/DS/Gray Medusa.jpg (top one)

Username: GerbilDeathSquad
Name: Karl Sharpeye
Class: Bow
Bio:Karl was raised in what is concidered 'wild' by normal standards, but learned to survive by hiding better than the next thing. He is a bit of a loner and tends to stick to areas where he can hide at the first sign of trouble. When a monster came and slaughtered his family, he hid. The thing tracked him for a few days until a Monster Hunter found him and killed the thing. When he turned 19 he joined, thinking that it would be a cake walk compared to living a normal life, after a year of hard work, he was allowed to pick his own weapon, he chose the bow.
Photograph:
Charecter Picture
Weapon: A longbow standing about 3 feet high, with grooves etched into it for better grip, Karl prefers to use a paralyzing toxin to stun his enemys before moving in for the kill
Bow Picture

Animal Partners:

Name:
Partner:
Species:
Weapon(s):
Photo:

Name: Kota
Partner: Anaheim
Species: Felyne, a sort of intelligent cat who lives along humans in the world of Monster Hunter
Weapon: His Pick-Staff and a couple of bombs. He's also the pack-mule for some of Anaheim's equiptment.
Photo: User Image

Name: Omega
Partner: Malcolm
Species: Large Wolf
Weapon(s): Spikes, Fangs, claws size.

(he is large enough for Mal to ride like a mount. )

Name: Bernerd
Partner: Dancey
Species: Quasimouse, a anthropic species of rodent with opposable thumbs and human-like intelligence, capable of thought and emotion, but not speech, though they can learn to read and understand the languages of humans.
Weapon(s): His sword and teeth

Name: Keesa
Partner: Aura
Species: Felyne, a sort of intelligent cat who lives along humans in the world of Monster Hunter
Weapon(s): She wears a bow that can be undone and used as a whip.
Keesa is mostly known for her knowledge, while she doesn't speak she loves to study and it can be useful when in need of tactics to help form a plan or have knowledge in plants..

Name: Junichi ( she calls him Jun)
Partner: Tigris
Species: Gendrome
Weapon(s): Teeth, claws, tail, speed
Photo: User Image (the big one in the middle)

Name: Kei
Partner: Tigris
Species: Felyne
Weapon(s): a few bombs and the paw weapon, with fire element attack.
Photo: http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/420572-mhdude/572/30/121602835271_display.jpg (She is all the way black, not brown)  

Durban59-

Durban59-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:08 pm
Contract: Nothing yet, but will be updated when a contract comes up.

Beastiary: Various monsters that the company have come across will be posted here.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:19 pm
((Well, I guess I'll start now, even though a certain profile wasn't sent in.))

Anaheim leaned back in his chair, his pipe leaking out smoke as the pub kept his atmosphere as it usually did. The blade kept slung on his back, and Kota at his side, he tipped out the rest of the tobacco and waited. Today was the usual time when the hunter's board was udated, and he wanted first pick at the best contracts.

"Kota, anything new?" He asked his partner, Anaheim continuing to keep his stamina going. Kota, in return, shook his head and took a seat on the opposite side of the table.  

Durban59-

Queen Mother of the West

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:11 am
EDIT: Dancey hopped daintily over a fallen log in her path. She giggled as her companion Bernerd scurried across the back of her neck, tickling her, and peeked out from his post on her sholder. They were approaching a small town.

By noon time she had reached her destination. "Well, Bernerd, what do you say? You hungry?" The large rat's squeek was muffled by her hair, but she knew that he agreed.

Dancey quickly located a pub and stepped inside. It was dim and smokey, and there seemed to be a lot of rough people around. She also noticed she was the only female aside from the waitress and a few trashy women who appeared to be prostitutes. Lovely. At least there was her gunlance. She doubted anyone would bother her as long as she had it with her.

She had already closed the door and stood around stupidly, observing the room, so she decided it was too late to leave and found an empty table by a man smoking a large pipe. She set her weapon down on the chair farthest from him, gave him a quick, wary smile, and cleared her throat. Her smile quickly fell when she saw his cat. Bernerd, one step ahead of her, lay still beneath her hair.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:30 pm
Klarth wandered around the guild pub and so called "restaurant" in a bit of a daze: it was his first time here as an independent hunter and not just an apprentice in waiting.

He recounted to himself the number of times a hunter took a contract that he had been attached to: so many times when the hunter took a look at his unimpressive Great Sword and simple Blue Kut-Ku armor (For those were a gift from the guild) they had laughed and decided against the mission, whether it was the dangerous and fierce Plesioth or simply the wild Congalala.

His face turned a shade of red for a moment when his thoughts flashed past the first hunter who had helped him at great length: A beautiful, tanned huntress named Jasmine, who taught him the most of what he now knew: from her he had gotten his Hunter's Authentication.

Klarth sat down and ordered a simple Oasis water from the nearby bartender cat, he hadn't acquired the taste for the alcohols that some hunters used to give them an edge before a hunt and he didn't desire it, he took a look around the room and waited for the contracts to be put up.  

KaiTenSatsuma

Krav3n88

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:30 pm
(finally)

Malcolm and Omega stepped onto a rotten log in the middle of the road. Their combine weight made it crush into mulch under their feet. He was on his way to one of the closest towns with a hunters board. Just at the edge of the town he noticed the the it was highly populated and the buildings were close together. Sighing to himself he pat Omega on his side and said. "Take to the rooftops, there isnt much room and We dont need a panic." The Huge Wolf Mount nodded slowly and trotted off to find a place to reach the roofs.

Malcolm opened the door to Bar and fit his bulk through the narrow door and walked across the floor. With each step the floor groan from the load, He walked up to the far end of the bar and order a full mug of vodka, two turkey legs, and half a deer seasoned but not cooked. The bartender stared at him puzzlement. Malcolm rolled his eyes and just dropped a handful of coins into the mans. Malcolm's handful of coins was enough to cover the order and too keep him from asking questions.

With Drink in hand Grimm sat on the stool and over looked the crowd. His eyes soon tell onto a interesting looking woman with sea blue hair and deep purple eyes. It wasn't long before she could feel his eyes on her, and he gave her a slight nod and a small smile. He held up his mug and took a long drag to toast to her beauty.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:59 pm
As Anaheim sat and waited, he finally saw him. The member of the guild who was in charge of posting all the new hunts. "Kota, he's here. Go fetch." He told his Felyne friend. Kota, in return, gave a mew when he jumped off the stool and ran towards the postboard, keeping an eye open to all the new hunt requests.

Anaheim stayed at his seat and watched Kota putting up, all the while keeping an eye on the different hunters that were coming in, along with their partners. Various types were coming in, but only a few had as much experiences with some of the worst as he did. Hell, one of the worst destroyed his home.  

Durban59-

Krav3n88

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:33 am
(comment or pm me if i messed something up with this post.)
Mal saw the man posting on the board and walked over to it. On his way there he saw a cat. A odd looking one but it was staring at the board too. He patted the top of his head with one hand and while he was doing it he pulled out his other and pulled the contact that was worth the most money. Once in his hand he walked back ignoring all the glares and stares of the other hunters. Back at his stool he began to read every line. After a while he realized that this was a two hunter job and that the payment was large enough for both to be happy. Just then his food came and took to it hungrily before the Bartender could ask he answered. "Left the Deer in the back alley of this bar. The Strange request was met with a sigh but he what was asked.

The moment the door to the alley was shut, Omega dropped down and tore into the meat. It was one of his most favorite meals and he enjoyed every bite. The seasons sure made up for the lack of freshness and cold of the meat. licking up every spice, Omega put the rest in his mual and jumped back up roof top. here he was able to chew on the bones in peace.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:29 pm
Klarth scratched his head as he stood before the jobs board, the assortment of the usual jobs: retrieve this, capture that, kill X amount of this. He closed his eyes and sighed, while he did have faith in his ability to hunt alone and be prepared for a wide variety of situations, going out on his own was rather boring and did not do much to improve his mood at the end of the hunt, he turned to look at the hunters around the pub who had already taken a contracts and supposed he would join one of them to make things more interesting just this once. Around the room the newest entry hunters seemed to be a huge man wielding a giant axe, a girl with a gun lance strapped to her back and a hunter roughly his age with a katana laying at his table.  

KaiTenSatsuma

Queen Mother of the West

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:41 pm
Dancey sighed with relief when the cat passed by without so much as a glance. She could feel Bernerd relax as well. She sat for a moment and decided that she just wanted bread and cheese, maybe some milk. She stood and searched her pockets and found that she had no more money. She sighed. Time to play dirty. She pulled down the front of her shirt, approached the pub owner and flirted shamelessly. He was easier to play than she expected, and she soon had what she wanted. She smiled, winked, and thanked him in a tiny voice, then made her way back to the table. She set the cheese on the table for Bernerd and put her head down on the table, tugging the front of her shirt back up to a modest level.

"Ugh," she said audibly. "I feel... gross. Well," she said, lifting her head and perking up, "At least it got us what we needed. My acting is improving!" She took a sip of milk and a bite of bread, chewing slowly.

She finished her food in silence and went to look at the board. She passed a large, intimidating man on her way there. She kept her head down until he was behind her. At the board she saw several assignments, many easy and low-paying. "It's only for a little while," she told herself. "When you're an actress you can stop fighting monsters to get by." She ripped off the highest paying job left. It was a fairly simple one. Kill ten of these whatevers that are killing my livestock. She tucked it into her pouch, smiled down at the cat just to be polite, and sat back down. Bored, she ran her finger up and down her gunlance. She was in no hurry to get started.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:54 pm
After a little ways of waiting, Kota finally returned to the table with a contract that seemed like a good payment opportunity with the least amount of effort. "So, we've got ourselves a contract? Let's take a loopk at it then..." He told himself. The contract read as followed:

A rogue Hypnocatrice has been spotted raiding caravan routes throughout the jungle. Whenever mercenaries have been hired to kill the bird, it simply eludes the men! I need experienced hunters to contact me as soon as possible to deal with this menace. The sooner the better, and payment will be recieved once proof of the kill has been provided

Here's the latest depiction of the creature:

As shown here

The contract seemed to be in good deals. But unfortunately, there was only one snag. "Wait a minute, this is a cooperative contract!" He told Kota. The felyne simply shrugged and put on a sad face, as if to say that it was the only good one that was left. "Well, I know it wasn't your fault. Now, we gotta keep an eye open for any good hunters..." He told himself as he began scanning around the pub.  

Durban59-

KaiTenSatsuma

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:29 am
(Where is everybody else heh....)  
09 Level 1 - Casual RPs (archive)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items