Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
Gun Show Report

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:10 pm
Just got back from the gun show, and the first I've been to to boot. The only thing that has been holding me back was distance, but apparently there was always an annual show not far from where I live for the past 30 years. Go figure.

Anyways, I brought back a couple spring assist knives for $10 a piece and an H.S. strut extra full choke for $10. I almost almost bought a muzzleloader there for $75. Percussion cap, .50 cal. beautiful wood and looked like it was new. Unfortuneately after I decided to get it and went back for it, someone else bought it first. Also got to hold a Taurus 1911 for the first time and it felt as good as I'd imagined. There was also a scoped SKS there for $450 and an unscoped one with a pistol grip of some sorts that felt uncomfortable as hell. Got to hold an M1 garand, AR and AK too. Also a kit to turn a 10/22 into a SAW and a kick a** saiga 12 with a table of supressed rifles. Also on the want list was this little .30ish percussion cap pistol, but I figured that money would be better saved to the 1911 fund. No luck on the mossy 185k mags or benelli nova accessories, but I still had fun.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:21 pm
Damn, I just realized that there's a gun show at the fairgrounds here in Boise this weekend, and I missed today! Granted the weather was a factor (it didn't get above 32 degrees and there was glare ice everywhere). I'm sure there will be better deals on Sunday.

I can go come the morning! Report on purchases if any are deemed worthy of my hard earned cash.

Looking for a Ruger P 95 pistol and a large box of 5.56mm for my new rifle. Perhaps some ammo for my Bersa. Wish me luck!  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:59 pm
******** Palma matches. I have to work the weekend of Crossroads.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:42 am
@ Floyd - good luck finding

Almost forgot to mention the double barrel 5 ga. shotgun as well. Thing was a cannon.  

Man of the Demoneye

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:46 am
Man of the Demoneye
@ Floyd - good luck finding

Almost forgot to mention the double barrel 5 ga. shotgun as well. Thing was a cannon.
What you saw was in fact a KS-23 undergoing asexual reproduction.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:51 pm
A FIVE-gauge? Jesus H. Christ, that thing's gotta be a beast!  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:14 pm
on a sadder note, the choke does not fit inside the gun. I mean that the threads are wider than the opening and I can't do a damn thing about it. Yes, I checked to se if it was a 12 ga. browning invector (not invector plus). I remember having the EXACT same problem with my full choke on the benelli when I first got it. Maybe QC is going to hell. Maybe I'm just cursed.

@Fresnel - no, this one had hammers on it and it was pretty old. Likely black powder. I had to look up the KS-23 on http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/sh30-e.htm and would now like to see the barrikada round mentioned in action.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:09 pm
I wound up buying nothing at this show. Everything was marked way up, especially the things I wanted. I never thought I would find people trying to match Cabela's prices at a flea market event. Greedy bastards.

But they had a wide range of damn near every gun under the sun. They had a Bren for sale. I also found an aftermarket shop that reworks darn near anything the Russians ever built. Not the usual taticool crap. Well thought out guns with common sense advice including the first warning I ever read about low price AK magazines. It's all in the dimples (or the lack thereof).

I hope the others here had better pickings and better prices!  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

CapitalistPleb

Thirteenth Capitalist

7,500 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:37 pm
Requiem in Mortis
A FIVE-gauge? Jesus H. Christ, that thing's gotta be a beast!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:19 pm
I saw the 10/22 to SAW kit out here too. I am actually thinking about getting it cool  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items