Captain

8,900 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:30 am
User Image

Share your Jem and Misfits memories

Has *Jem* touched your life in a profound way? Do you have story about meeting a cast member or creator? Does your boyfriend look like Rio? Did you and your friends fight over who got to be Pizzazz in role play?

Swap your stories here.

Please create your own topic for a specific discussion.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:55 am
I've met a few Jem cast members. At JemCon 2008 I met the speaking voices of Jem, Roxy, Rio & Danse. I also met the main writer/creator, Chrsity Marx and the voice studio director.

In 2009 I went to a Dean & Britta concert. Britta Phillips was the singing voice of Jem. She and Dean have a successful music career together in New York. It was a rare treat to have them tour in San Francisco, where I live. I met her after the show and she was very sweet. I told her what a huge influence she has been for me (I'm a singer) and encouraged her to get more involved with her Jem fans. She said she had heard of JemCon and was thinking about appearing sometime.

I have a Jem poster that is signed by all the above.  

Phyllis Gabor
Captain

8,900 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Generous 100

Phyllis Gabor
Captain

8,900 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:00 pm
As a kid, I had a lot of neighbors my age and we all played together. There were a pretty equal number of boys and girls so we would alternate playing boy games and girl games. Sometimes we would pretend to be ninjas or Star Wars characters and sometimes we would play Jem. Each person would be a character and we'd act out the scenes from the cartoon. Since the Jem dolls came with cassettes with instrumental versions of the songs, we'd also have Jem performances. It was a lot of fun, and was my first experience with performing for an audience.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:11 pm
I was born in 1990, so I guess I'm lucky to even have been able to watch the show. My sister and I would always rent the Jem videos from the video store and for some reason, I always remembered episode 1 and the episode (I can't remember the name) when they're in Hawaii and I think Jem got stuck in the volcano. Good times. ^_^  

BlueLuva1

Beloved Friend

9,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Phyllis Gabor
Captain

8,900 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:26 am
BlueLuva1
I was born in 1990, so I guess I'm lucky to even have been able to watch the show. My sister and I would always rent the Jem videos from the video store and for some reason, I always remembered episode 1 and the episode (I can't remember the name) when they're in Hawaii and I think Jem got stuck in the volcano. Good times. ^_^

The episode was called "Hot Time in Hawaii."  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:37 am
Oh man...I wish I would have went to a con that I heard about that was last year. It would be so cool to meet the voices/cast. LOL  

Jem is Outrageous

BlueLuva1

Beloved Friend

9,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:23 pm
Phyllis Gabor
BlueLuva1

The episode was called "Hot Time in Hawaii."

That's what I thought it was called, I just didn't want to be wrong. They do tend to go to a lot of tropical destinations. And by the way, I just got 3000 gold from your tank in Booty Grab. Thanks exclaim ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:22 pm
In May 2011, I went on the New Kids on the Block Cruise to The Bahamas, which was an exciting experience in and of itself. There were themes every night and the first night was "Totally 80's." I saw not one, but TWO Jems there! I was so pleased. I just HAD to get my picture taken with them. Coincidentally, I was dressed in something that Pizzazz (Phyllis Gabor) might wear. It wasn't intentional, but I AM inspired by Jem/Misfit fashions.

User Image

Phyllis Gabor
Captain

8,900 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Generous 100

I SO VERY----- I

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:31 pm
;o; i don't have any Jem experiences yet..but i hope to have some! lol..I'm a new fan..I might possibly cosplay as Jem next summer for an Anime con..but i get the feeling no one else would be in Jem cosplay..its cool that you met Jem cosplayers!

However, Riot's "..but you still haven't seen me water-ski" has become a catch phrase for me and my bf (who I made watch Jem with me) XD ..everyone around is always like "wait? waterski?? what??"  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:02 pm
Miyuki013
;o; i don't have any Jem experiences yet..but i hope to have some! lol..I'm a new fan..I might possibly cosplay as Jem next summer for an Anime con..but i get the feeling no one else would be in Jem cosplay..its cool that you met Jem cosplayers!
I think you should DEFINITELY go as Jem. You'll probably even see other Jems. I went on the New Kids on the Block cruise in May. On the 80's theme night I saw TWO Jems. Also, Samantha Newark (speaking voice of Jem) goes to a lot of those conventions.

Phyllis Gabor
Captain

8,900 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Generous 100

I SO VERY----- I

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:05 pm
Phyllis Gabor
Miyuki013
I think you should DEFINITELY go as Jem. You'll probably even see other Jems. I went on the New Kids on the Block cruise in May. On the 80's theme night I saw TWO Jems. Also, Samantha Newark (speaking voice of Jem) goes to a lot of those conventions.

Oh, the voice actor goes?? that's so cool..XD it would be awesome if she's at the one i go to..who knows XD i wish i could get my friends to cosplay as the holograms with me but none of them have seen the show x.x..i've got time to convert them yet..  
Kimber's Diary: Your Own Jem Experiences

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games