Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~*~*~*~
  ~*~
View Results

0Moon_Maiden0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:40 pm
Have you seen the announcement about Gaia discontinuing the sales of their tobacco related items?

What do you think of that?

I don't use them so personally don't care. But then I wonder.....is this going to start a horrible trend? What's next-they going to take away the alcohol related items....or some weapons?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:44 pm
hmm hard to say. i must admit i found stuff like the fags a bit wierd, but when it came to pipes and that i think it's fine. because pipes are more a victorin/gentlman thing.
I'd say no problem. they won't discontinue weapons anyway so meh.  

dragontamer363
Crew

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:12 pm
So many items are weapons so I hope not. o_o
But I just heard about the tobacco items too. Since I don't use them in my avi's it doesn't effect me also but I'm surprised since it's been around forever.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:43 pm
I dont mind...my mule has a cig because the guy he is modeled after is always smoking. So....if I ever decide to change his theme....which I am honestly thinking about....that one lil cig will be worth a fortune in the market.  

VampressLeona

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:45 pm
i had a sig, but then i sold it while raising money for my quest item.
i shoudla kept it a few more weeks! *shakes fist in the air* lol  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:48 pm
Oh wow bummer! I hate it when that happens...like some part of me is cussing cuz I shoulda stocked up and then waited for this...(like I really could have known this would happen right? LOL)  

VampressLeona

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:51 pm
lol

ah well XD  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:57 pm
VampressLeona
I dont mind...my mule has a cig because the guy he is modeled after is always smoking. So....if I ever decide to change his theme....which I am honestly thinking about....that one lil cig will be worth a fortune in the market.

Yep.....Gaians will pay anything to get a fix now....haha  

0Moon_Maiden0

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:19 pm
Man. And the Righteous Overseer had just given me a cig a few days ago. If only I had just kept it . . . .  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:27 pm
I am in no way a supporter of tobacco or a user myself, however, I disagree with the cessation of selling those items on Gaia. I don't think Gaia should force a morality against tobacco onto its users. By no longer selling the tobacco-related items, Gaia just made them actually popular and a lot of people are profiting from it. Maybe just taking away the items and not revealing it would have been a better action because Gaia just brought to everyone's attention that there are tobacco-related items for sale and made everyone start scooping them up. A likely non-popular and bad-for-your-health-in-real-life item just became a hit on Gaia because Gaia felt they no longer wished to have those items on their website for the real-life negative aspects.

I think Gaia should have either 1 left the items or 2 removed the items without saying anything. I don't think removing the items publicly accomplished much for Gaia, that is, at least not in the immediate future as those items have soared to great popularity. Way to make items that you hope and personally believe are undesirable go away without making them much more popular than they already were, Gaia!  

kawaiitanpopo

Distinct Gaian

8,750 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:34 pm
Hmm. I guess I forgot to sell it to the shop.

I wish it weren't bound to my soul.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:21 pm
you have a cig that is bound to your soul? neutral  

VampressLeona

0Moon_Maiden0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:25 pm
VampressLeona

Maybe Gaia did that so people couldn't sell them for hundreds of thousands?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:56 pm
VampressLeona

Yep. I can't discard it nor give or sell it to anyone. I can sell it to a shop for 1000 gold, but that's it.

0Moon_Maiden0
Maybe Gaia did that so people couldn't sell them for hundreds of thousands?

Yep. Communists!  

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:58 pm
I agree with kawaiitanpopo.
Anyone else get the feeling there's some ulterior motive here?

If Gaia were really wanting to be healthy they'd get the Skittles out of EVERYTHING they do anyway.  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff