Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
PS3 ranks highest in sales

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Link_Noroshima

1,300 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:01 pm
So yeah I was watching game trailer or GT last night and the people who are making new games for the Wii said that the ranks for the sales of all the current game consoles are: "1 PS3 2 Wii and 3 Xbox 360".  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:11 pm
Considering the advertising campaign they've been doing and it being close to the holidays, this does not surprise me. However, the PSP and the PS3 trumping the DS/DSi and the Wii is a little more surprising though.

Though... the fact that there actually is some (possibly?), good games coming out this season for the PS3 probably helps a bit.  

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100

Link_Noroshima

1,300 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:27 pm
Yeah Im getting one for christmas and I already have like 10-15 games that I wanna get for it yet my friends say I should get and Xbox instead ha "like hell I am" I say to them I wanna get a game system I'm best with not one I'm horrible with... you know what I mean??  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:09 pm
Hell if I have enough money for any game console I'd buy it....even though I'm leaning more toward the PS3, I'll go for anything as long as it has games I like.  

KRaZyAmmo

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:43 pm
Highest sales for the holiday season? Because overall the ranking is Wii far in the lead, 360 in the middle, and PS3 far behind 360.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:41 pm
nitnit
Highest sales for the holiday season? Because overall the ranking is Wii far in the lead, 360 in the middle, and PS3 far behind 360.

Its actually not that far behind. I just saw a chart a few months ago and they are a good 15,000 to 10,000 units behind, but with the new price drop and next years games. It may pick up those units.  

Tron714
Vice Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:01 pm
VG charts says you're off by millions.

http://www.vgchartz.com/

Actually even if you're talking about weekly sales Wii is still winning by a wide margin.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:09 am
PS3 had a boost though when the Slim launched, but that lasted all of two weeks.  

Cybylt

Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff