Reply Nyob zoo! Hmong People Unite! Have fun! ^_^
Hey.,, ?Q? about your parents...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NT_Love

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:20 pm

Are you parents the srtict type or the more of the dont really care??

my dad is really strict all he cares about is school and grades. my dad doesnt even let me hangout or even do a project with friends like my sister had her twins and she was out of college. my dad was all mad cus of that and he isnt even happy that his grandsons are here. wth??? (i hate how my dad always says "friends what!?" and "the kids from thailand are gonna be smarter than u" omfg i hear that EVERY SINGLE DAY!)

my mom she doesnt really care about school and stuff. she doesnt really knoe how to read in english so if i bring her a test i failed she signs it.

when i hear my friends talk about hanging out i would hang out with them but the problem is my parents. im not trying to say hmong parents are mean and strict but shouldnt people be able to hangout with friends and go out hand have fun more often??
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:22 pm

My mom is more strict then my dad, she wont let me walk home from school...
My dad says it good exercise.
About friends, i have alot of them but none of my friends i would show to my parents live close by

Akatsuki Vash
Crew

azn_knight367
Captain

Lonely Explorer

8,125 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:46 am

hmm...maybe it's just asian parents in general -_- but yeah, my parents are pretty strict...sometimes it seems like they don't really care if I have friends or socialize, just just care about me studying -_-
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:34 am

my parents dont really care if i study or do homework, in the end i have to have a B or higher...
I also get yelled at when my lil bro gets bad grades...my mom like
"YOU SO SMART BUT IT YOUR FAULT YOUR BROTHER STUPID! YOU DONT HELP HIM!!!"
lol and every time i tell her that i do, it just since we brothers, he doesnt like it when i help him...and she the parent, her job to help him...lol

Akatsuki Vash
Crew

NT_Love

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:55 pm

rite now i have a like 3.8 and my bro has a 2.1 so like my dad is witching about school and stuff and its not my fault. my dad yells at ME and my bro for the bad grades! ugh i hate that
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:04 pm

basically all asian parents are strict and one of the parents either mom or dad is the most strict one. In my case, it's also my dad. As i recall in my childhood days, the moment that i get a bad grade, all hell is unleashed. He would scream and yell along with threats about me ending up on the street somewhere and living a pathetic life and becoming the most insignificant, unimportant person on earth. And thus, i grew a grudge against him.

as for my mom, she's okay. the only problem is that she always gets involve with things that is not related to school. Apparently to her, everything outside of school is in her line of expertise from household chores to having a relationship.

silver_avenger

Akatsuki Vash
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:05 am

silver_avenger
basically all asian parents are strict and one of the parents either mom or dad is the most strict one. In my case, it's also my dad. As i recall in my childhood days, the moment that i get a bad grade, all hell is unleashed. He would scream and yell along with threats about me ending up on the street somewhere and living a pathetic life and becoming the most insignificant, unimportant person on earth. And thus, i grew a grudge against him.

as for my mom, she's okay. the only problem is that she always gets involve with things that is not related to school. Apparently to her, everything outside of school is in her line of expertise from household chores to having a relationship.

the one thing my mom always brings up is
"do you want to live under a bridge? huh?"
lol
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:49 pm

silver_avenger

i knoe thats how my dad is too! my dad yells and yells! he says "if you drop out of school and bad grades i wont buy u clothes or feed you. You re going to sleep in the streets" my dad yells at us every single day about schooL ugh! and probably for my thxzgiving hes gonna give a lecture about school. when my dad got my RC he was happy, and if you make him any happier he just gets mad ugh!

NT_Love

Hoshigari Star

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:06 pm

My parents aren't too bad. They're strict, in a way, but they know that I need space [thank goodness!] But, they're still Hmong.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:09 pm

Akatsuki Vash
silver_avenger

the one thing my mom always brings up is
"do you want to live under a bridge? huh?"
lol

EXACTLY! LOL that's What my dad always tell me.

but overall my dad is really strict.
Whenever i get in trouble from my dad, All i say is "okay" and look Down.

I never argue with my dad but my brothers always get caught up arguing with him cos they talk back to him. I told them to just say "okay" but they never do.

Works For me all the time.

f o b b y - a s i a n
Crew

Nyob zoo! Hmong People Unite! Have fun! ^_^

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas