Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims 2
The Legacy Challenge Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you tried the Legacy Challenge?
  Yes!
  No...
  Yes, but I didn't like it.
  No, but I think I'll try it!
  Miew?
View Results

Iris Lise

Interesting Browser

2,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:02 pm
I did a quick search of the titles and didn't see a post reffering to the "Legacy Challenge" Please direct me if I've missed it.

I love the Legacy Challenge and actually have one neighborhood dedicated to it.

The quick jist is that you start with One CAS Sim (Create a Sim) and install them on the largest piece of land. Then without using cheats, try and build the family to generation 10 with the most number of points.

You can earn points for many different things, such as alien babies, carreer rewards, platinum gravestones.

There are three types of rules:

Regular
University
NightLife.

You can find the rules here: http://www.legacychallenge.com/

So has anyone here done the Legacy Challenge?
How far have you gotten?
Have you every failed compleatly (giving up doesn't count)?
Do you cheat (be honest now)?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:09 pm
I've gotten as far as 5th Gen. I'm currently working a great family whos doing really well. My Alien/Vampire/Zombie didn't do so well but luckily you don't need to keep her alive to keep the points.

I have failed sad . The time before my current challenge. A horrible fire wiped out Grandfather, Aunt, Mother, leaving the heir child in the house by himself. Social Worker took him soon after ending the challenge.

I don't use cheats such as motherload, nor do I bring item cheats into that house. However I do have mods to my game which I do not remove (Random Triplets/Quads, Pretty much all of TwoJeffs/Pescaro's Mods).  

Iris Lise

Interesting Browser

2,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

FateNotDenial

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:03 pm
Iris Lise
I've gotten as far as 5th Gen. I'm currently working a great family whos doing really well. My Alien/Vampire/Zombie didn't do so well but luckily you don't need to keep her alive to keep the points.

I have failed sad . The time before my current challenge. A horrible fire wiped out Grandfather, Aunt, Mother, leaving the heir child in the house by himself. Social Worker took him soon after ending the challenge.

I don't use cheats such as motherload, nor do I bring item cheats into that house. However I do have mods to my game which I do not remove (Random Triplets/Quads, Pretty much all of TwoJeffs/Pescaro's Mods).

Zombie? You can get zombies? eek  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:23 pm
I tried it... but I cheated whee .

...What amazes me most though, is that Pinstar (the guy who created the challenge) is making money off shirts and other things being sold on legacychallenge.com  

Evil Murklins
Vice Captain

Iris Lise

Interesting Browser

2,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:29 pm
FateNotDenial
Iris Lise

Zombie? You can get zombies? eek

Yes with University Expansion came Zombies biggrin . It's a Carreer Reward where you can call the grim reaper and pay for your deceased family/friend to come back.. pay low.. and oops! They drag their feet and everything it's great!

AnnoyingEvil1
I tried it... but I cheated whee .

...What amazes me most though, is that Pinstar (the guy who created the challenge) is making money off shirts and other things being sold on legacychallenge.com

Eh he might as well make some money I guess. Ppl are crazy about this challenge and there are dedicated forums and other spins off. It is amazing however, you've got that straight biggrin .  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:33 pm
I never tried it, but it sounds really interesting. I'll try it soon.  

miname_sohma

SirEmino
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:03 pm
I wonder if the creator ever copyright that challenge *evil thoughts flowing in...*  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:06 am
SirEmino
I wonder if the creator ever copyright that challenge *evil thoughts flowing in...*

He might of... I mean, look, he has SHIRTS for it.  

Evil Murklins
Vice Captain

Iris Lise

Interesting Browser

2,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:49 pm
AnnoyingEvil1
SirEmino

He might of... I mean, look, he has SHIRTS for it.

If it gets any bigger he could start charging for a lot more then shirts.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:11 pm
He has downloadable excel pages for score keeping too...

sweatdrop I've been thinking about downloading one and playing the right way...  

Evil Murklins
Vice Captain

smilylady

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:55 pm
that sounds interesting  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:20 am
whee  

tokkitoria

Brainy Bunny

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300

amandapace7

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:53 am
Well i tried to play the challenge and keep score the right way and every thing a couple of times, but it got really boring just trying to keep up with the scores... so I made myself a new "legacy challenge"

I am playing by legacy challenge rules... no cheats, npc mates only, dice rolls for aspiration etc. etc. But I am playing the ENTIRE family... anyone who has spun off from the original house is being played at the same rate as my main house. That way the kids grow up knowing their aunts and uncles and cousins and such. I have all of this fully documented in a web page I'm working on right now. I currently have 5 households and we're about to start Week 12 (Generation 4 has come to 4 out of the 5 houses).

I play each house for a set number of days, then stop and play the next up to the same point until all of them have been caught up and I start back at 1 again! Its been lots of fun! I haven't quite figured out the timing for playing kids while they're in college to make it all come out right in the end, but I'm working on that. (maybe if i made a habit of sending teens to college at the end of their teenhood that would help) So I am now emotionally attached to about 25 sims! I can't wait to get back to playing them... I've been on a break while creating my website for them!

www.thepaces.cjb.net/sims2.html (my legacy challenge page is at the bottom)  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:20 pm
xD I started a while ago. But I can't keep score for I can't see the score sheet. <_<; If someone could PM me it in text it would be a big help. surprised I need the one for original/uni/nightlife.

aMus

samharam

Shirtless Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:51 am
Yeah, i've tried that. But i got bored after 3 generations..
And theyre like millionaires now, so it was only fun at the beginning, when they were poor.
I love challenges, like really poor people with lots of kids. Thats hard!

The Sims 2

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff