Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Square Enix Cosplayers Guild

Back to Guilds

Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts, Cosplay, Chat, Gatherings, Roleplaying and Info 

Tags: Cosplay, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Convention, Game 

Reply File Cabinet (contains old threads)
WINTER EVENT(S) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

are you going to help out?
  yes!
  NO (Me: T_T why not?)
View Results

Memory Manipulator Namine

Scholarly Bibliophile

27,515 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:36 pm
I MOVED THIS FROM THE VIP ROOM SO EVERYONE GETS A SAY! LET'S ALL PATICIPATE AND MAKE THIS AN EVENT TO REMEMBER!

YO! lets make a killer winter party so people will come and post! Yosh!
these are the ideas that I have ^^

Caption Contest: I (or we the mods) find funny pictures and the guild members write funny captions to them. then someone (or we could make it a poll) will vote and we decide who the winner is based on who gets the most votes. (this will keep the whole guild involved.)

Caroling well in my other guild there are like a million subforms so this works really well. we might have to adjust things so it'll work here but this is the idea from the other guild.

lilsweetcheeks

Any crewmembers that will be available during the 26th to the 31st will set up a trick or treat thread in the forum/s they manage. We make a rule that a person can only post every five minutes posting TRICK OR TREAT for a candy. The crewmember will post saying the username received and then put a picture of candy. It doesn’t matter if the crewmember is not online when they post again, if they weren't and the person posted five times five minutes in between the you would give them five candies. Dose this make sense? The amount of candy one has to get before they get part of the prize, would depend on how many crewmembers would be helping out. My idea for a prize would be an outift as long as it's not to expensive meaning the whole outfit.examples here And they would get that outfit in pieces every time they get the amount of candy they need. Unless someone has a better idea for a prize... outfits are quite expensive plus it would be multiplying it by however many people participate. So how does this sound?

of course this was for halloween so people would have to post something like "carol" or a picture of people singing. (posting pictures got REALLY big in the other guild)

there would also have to be a thread where we keep track of how many carol's people have collected. I think the first prize should be at like 75 and the second one at 125 but let me know what you think .

ALSO i need help coming up with prizes. (i'm VERY bad at that.)  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:30 pm
YO! lets make a killer winter party so people will come and post! Yosh!

these are the ideas that I have ^^

Caption Contest: I (or we the mods) find funny pictures and the guild members write funny captions to them. then someone (or we could make it a poll) will vote and we decide who the winner is based on who gets the most votes. (this will keep the whole guild involved.)

Caroling well in my other guild there are like a million subforms so this works really well. we might have to adjust things so it'll work here but this is the idea from the other guild.

lilsweetcheeks

Any crewmembers that will be available during the 26th to the 31st will set up a trick or treat thread in the forum/s they manage. We make a rule that a person can only post every five minutes posting TRICK OR TREAT for a candy. The crewmember will post saying the username received and then put a picture of candy. It doesn’t matter if the crewmember is not online when they post again, if they weren't and the person posted five times five minutes in between the you would give them five candies. Dose this make sense? The amount of candy one has to get before they get part of the prize, would depend on how many crewmembers would be helping out. My idea for a prize would be an outift as long as it's not to expensive meaning the whole outfit.examples here And they would get that outfit in pieces every time they get the amount of candy they need. Unless someone has a better idea for a prize... outfits are quite expensive plus it would be multiplying it by however many people participate. So how does this sound?

of course this was for halloween so people would have to post something like "carol" or a picture of people singing. (posting pictures got REALLY big in the other guild)

there would also have to be a thread where we keep track of how many carol's people have collected. I think the first prize should be at like 75 and the second one at 125 but let me know what you think .

ALSO i need help coming up with prizes. (i'm VERY bad at that.)

Doesn't sound too bad of an idea, but we should also come up with a way to split how much gold is payed into the contests. So no one has to fund the contests alone.

We could give Christmas items that are semi hard to come by as gifts.
Or we can give away older Christmas items because the prices always jump up in the marketplace every seasonal item.  

The Real Raijin
Vice Captain

6,900 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

Scholarly Bibliophile

27,515 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:01 pm
ah yes, donations for prizes are always welcome and accepted. ^^ (i honestly don't think i have enough to buy prizes to be honest.)

hmmm seasonal items. i have the ones from last year. would people really want those though?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:22 pm
ah yes, donations for prizes are always welcome and accepted. ^^ (i honestly don't think i have enough to buy prizes to be honest.)

hmmm seasonal items. i have the ones from last year. would people really want those though?

Yeah, I was trying to recruit a ticketer in the gaia job center.
Someone who is experienced in doing that would be a good asset.

Some people who are new would want those items.
We just have to display them so people can choose the ones they don't have or the ones that they would like.  

The Real Raijin
Vice Captain

6,900 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

Scholarly Bibliophile

27,515 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:25 pm
ah yes. that makes sense. ^^

so what about the other issues. like....how are we actually going to DO the caroling in the guild?

>i'm thinking of moving this topic or posting another one where non crew members can post and comment. since....well you seem to be the only crew member posting and since we want people to participate they should have a say in the matter, don't cha think?<  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:48 pm
ah yes. that makes sense. ^^

so what about the other issues. like....how are we actually going to DO the caroling in the guild?

>i'm thinking of moving this topic or posting another one where non crew members can post and comment. since....well you seem to be the only crew member posting and since we want people to participate they should have a say in the matter, don't cha think?<

We could actually have the caroling done in the chatterbox and people should using a image as the caroling.
The image should be a christmas banner made by the guild, which would also promote us, ya know?

Oh and yes you can move the thread if you want.  

The Real Raijin
Vice Captain

6,900 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

Scholarly Bibliophile

27,515 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:55 am
Hmmm, i suppose that could work. it would make it hard to get the required number in that case. since you can only post every five minutes for it to count. maybe we could make one caroling post in each subform. then you can post in one thread (say chatterbox) and while you wait for 5 minutes to pass you can post in the other threads (like the rp one ect.)

how does that sound?

and I think people should be able to use whatever picture they want. ^^ (it makes it fun looking though the posts and also makes it easier to count them up since people tend to use unique pictures.)

if we do make more than one thread would there be something like one crew member is in charge of one specific thread or would one person (probably me since i'm kinda in charge of events) be in charge of all the threads. >that would NOT be fun or do-able those threads grow in leaps and bounds per hour<  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:13 pm
Hey, why don't we have a Secret Santa event? We did that over at one the Guilds I'm in, and it was great fun. Each member participating fills out a small form saying who they are and what they like/dislike (I.e. "I like pink and animals", "I don't like gaming items"). They also made sure to update their wishlists.
The Guild Captain then made sure to set a Secret Santa for each person, from the participation thread, and informed said Secret Santa who that person was.
Then there was a set budget ("Each member participating has to shop for at least 10k") and a set time when the shopping was due. ("You have to be done by the 16th of December, presents will be delivered on the 20th").
All members then send their presents through a trade to the Captain and a PM saying what texts should be attatched, either to confuse, make a joke or give a clue as to what the present is, or whom it's from.
Since it's a Secret Santa event, you are not supposed to know who it's from, so everyone are strictly forbidden to speak of whom they're buying things for.
A couple of days, up to a few weeks, after the presents are sent the Secret Santas are revealed and you can thank them personally for what you got. biggrin

I know I suck at explaining, but I really love that time of the year over at that guild, because it's really... well, it's really like Christmas, and no one gets left out. biggrin  

Dr Lucrecia Crescent MD
Captain

nya_Neko-chii
Vice Captain

Single Gaian

21,350 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Divorced 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:17 pm
Dr Lucrecia Crescent MD
Hey, why don't we have a Secret Santa event? We did that over at one the Guilds I'm in, and it was great fun. Each member participating fills out a small form saying who they are and what they like/dislike (I.e. "I like pink and animals", "I don't like gaming items"). They also made sure to update their wishlists.
The Guild Captain then made sure to set a Secret Santa for each person, from the participation thread, and informed said Secret Santa who that person was.
Then there was a set budget ("Each member participating has to shop for at least 10k") and a set time when the shopping was due. ("You have to be done by the 16th of December, presents will be delivered on the 20th").
All members then send their presents through a trade to the Captain and a PM saying what texts should be attatched, either to confuse, make a joke or give a clue as to what the present is, or whom it's from.
Since it's a Secret Santa event, you are not supposed to know who it's from, so everyone are strictly forbidden to speak of whom they're buying things for.
A couple of days, up to a few weeks, after the presents are sent the Secret Santas are revealed and you can thank them personally for what you got. biggrin

I know I suck at explaining, but I really love that time of the year over at that guild, because it's really... well, it's really like Christmas, and no one gets left out. biggrin

Haha. I was thinking of presenting the Secret Santa thing too. xD

It wasn't a guild thing for me when I participated.. More like a forum thing. =p It was fun. <3 I would love to try to host a secret santa with everyone in here.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:26 pm
Hmmm, i suppose that could work. it would make it hard to get the required number in that case. since you can only post every five minutes for it to count. maybe we could make one caroling post in each subform. then you can post in one thread (say chatterbox) and while you wait for 5 minutes to pass you can post in the other threads (like the rp one ect.)

how does that sound?

and I think people should be able to use whatever picture they want. ^^ (it makes it fun looking though the posts and also makes it easier to count them up since people tend to use unique pictures.)

if we do make more than one thread would there be something like one crew member is in charge of one specific thread or would one person (probably me since i'm kinda in charge of events) be in charge of all the threads. >that would NOT be fun or do-able those threads grow in leaps and bounds per hour<

Yes we don't want to burn you out on other stuff namine, you should definitely stay on events plus we do need to get someone else on events too.

The secret santa thing isn't a bad idea. I will be very short of gold though and that time is coming up very fast. We just have to decide on a date to do this.  

The Real Raijin
Vice Captain

6,900 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

Scholarly Bibliophile

27,515 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:34 pm
oh so that's how you do a secret santa. xd i was wondering.

although you don't have to send it through a captain. with the gift system you can send gifts anonymously to people. (cuts out the middle man and makes things easier.) we could have a thread where you post when you get your gift so we make sure that everyone receives their item.

as for the price range: i'm thinking make it something like: no more than 10,000g and no less than like 100g. (or maybe we should just have a max amount.) to make it fair on people who don't have a whole lot but still want to participate.

I'm going to need some people to help me run this event as well. if anyone wants to be in charge of the Secret Santa let me know. also if you have funny pictures that you want to suggest for the caption contest send them to me.

Personally i think that we should have caroling threads in all the subforms so if their are any volunteers to be in charge of a thread LET ME KNOW! please! (it's really easy too. when someone posts you acknowledge it with a response post. you can keep track in the first post of the running total of your thread and then you just add that total to the main thread >that i will post<)  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:39 pm
sounds fun! how can i help?  

Alma_Frostangel

Wistful Conversationalist

20,325 Points
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Scholarly Bibliophile

27,515 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:21 pm
Alma_Frostangel
if you want to be in charge of one of the caroling threads that would be....super-special-awesome. (and my love of YGO:TAS appears. lolz)

if you want to find some funny pictures that we can use in the caption contest that would be amazing as well. i'm thinking FF/KH pics or winter pics (or FF/KH pics with a winter holiday theme) would be the best to use.

thanks so much for wanting to help out!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:46 pm
I can do whatever, so long as I have time. School is attempting to murder me with a bombardment of homework, Christmas Ball planning (Oh, hey! That's actually an idea we can rip off! biggrin ), Project work (doing an concept art book consisting of 105 finished illustrations, background and all - real heavy!), Japan travel preparation....... super busy, in other words, but I'm struggling to stay on top of things and so far it is going well. smile

So I can be in charge of one thread, I think. ^^ So long as I get the ropes, there'll be no problem. Though I don't have that much online time. sad  

Dr Lucrecia Crescent MD
Captain

Alma_Frostangel

Wistful Conversationalist

20,325 Points
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:10 pm
Alma_Frostangel
if you want to be in charge of one of the caroling threads that would be....super-special-awesome. (and my love of YGO:TAS appears. lolz)

if you want to find some funny pictures that we can use in the caption contest that would be amazing as well. i'm thinking FF/KH pics or winter pics (or FF/KH pics with a winter holiday theme) would be the best to use.

thanks so much for wanting to help out!
i can be in charge of a caroling forum and maybe some pictures too.  
File Cabinet (contains old threads)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff