Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Animal Lovers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all animal lovers and pet owners 

Tags: animal lovers, pets, animals, cats birds dogs fish reptile, official animal lovers guild 

Reply Main Forum
Christmaaas! Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

beardly

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:18 pm
Its almost that time~!

I forgot what I was going to put, But oh well.

I'll just talk about getting things for animals.
83 What do you plan on getting your animals for christmas, Or do you even get them anything?
fhridfhcifjd I'm going to get matty and lola reindeer costumes. rofl

I'm probably going to get them both 'wubby' toys from petco or something.
they love them, Or atleast matty does.
and most likely get matty a sweater.
I've never seen a dog that liked clothes as much as matty.
For lola, I'm probably going to get her a box of chewies and those rubbery squeaky toy things, She loves those. 4laugh

Heres some pictures I took =D

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:51 pm
We're getting our oldest dog, Samantha, her first geriatric exam at the vet. Sounds like nothing, but it's 3 years (or so) overdue. =)

For Christmas, one ball python is getting dewormed (not as a Christmas present... but.. y'know, right in time for it) and, most likely, a new home. The other ball python is getting a spiffy new tub enclosure, which I think she'll like muuuch better than her icky, too-dry aquarium. The beardie is getting an Mercury-Vapor UVB/heat bulb to replace is crappy Reptisun fluorescent, and a somewhat smaller, warmer enclosure that I think he will enjoy much better than a bunch of coldish, wasted space. The tortoise is getting a spiffy new DIY "Tortoise Table." Every single snake is getting a fecal sample... Gee, I have a lot of plans for Christmas!  

Foofy_Miru

beardly

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:24 pm
Foofy_Miru
We're getting our oldest dog, Samantha, her first geriatric exam at the vet. Sounds like nothing, but it's 3 years (or so) overdue. =)

For Christmas, one ball python is getting dewormed (not as a Christmas present... but.. y'know, right in time for it) and, most likely, a new home. The other ball python is getting a spiffy new tub enclosure, which I think she'll like muuuch better than her icky, too-dry aquarium. The beardie is getting an Mercury-Vapor UVB/heat bulb to replace is crappy Reptisun fluorescent, and a somewhat smaller, warmer enclosure that I think he will enjoy much better than a bunch of coldish, wasted space. The tortoise is getting a spiffy new DIY "Tortoise Table." Every single snake is getting a fecal sample... Gee, I have a lot of plans for Christmas!

What a busy christmas?
lul.
I want a snakeee D8  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:34 pm
Yep, vuhry busy. And the Tortoise table is the easy part!

Is it... Bad... That the prospect of an empty aquarium makes me excited? o.O I don't have anything to put in the beardie's 75 gallon when he moves out of it! =D (Now to decide whether I want another boa, or to fulfill my dream of wanting skinks... Uh oh. This is gonna be hard. o.O)

Snakes are so wooonnndddeeerrrffuullll!!! You should get one! ^_^  

Foofy_Miru

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:44 pm
oooh, boa or skink, i wouldnt be able to choose. now when i have a larger spare tank i upgrade my guys. like when i moved my ball into a bin to help with humidity i moved one of my leos into her old 40gal tank. the leo used every inch of that space and loves it, i refuse to downgrade her now lol

ill probably get treats and toys for the cats, dogs, birds, and crabs. the rats will get new hammocks and fleece for bedding. all lizards besides the cresty will get some nice fatty waxworms. the cresty will get some yogurt. and the snakes..... well i have no idea what to get them. i may buy the ball a small chick to eat instead of her normal rat, just to change things up a bit. my sister doesnt want me to becasue its a baby bird but on the other hand i already feed ehr baby rats and my sister's corn gets newborn mice.

maybe ill get soem bugs for the rats to eat, they love live food, or maybe buy and overpriced steak and let them have it. the boys eat better than i do and only get the best quality foods while i eat whatever i can find around the house rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:20 pm
The problem there, is there's no one to upgrade! The little boa is too small for it yet, the big boa has her own 75, I'm moving all of the corns in to a rack system (if all goes well), and Zoom is getting a tort table instead... Hm. I'm leaning toward the skink--I already have two "gonna-get-big snakes" to deal with and one oversized ratsnake who hates me... Whatever I do, I'm going to rescue it. Effectively giving a "Christmas present" to whatever animal I might get. (You know, this is dangerous. Thinking about empty enclosures. I'm going to have empty 10 gals, an empty 20H, and empty 20Ls when I upgrade Jekyll and move the corns into the rack system... DUN DUN DUN. I'm going to have to start a thread asking you guys for help when they're all vacated... xD)

You know, the crestie might enjoy a waxworm, too. Butterworms are absolutely awesome treats, too! My beardie LOVES them. =)  

Foofy_Miru

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:39 pm
waxworms dont move enough to get the attention of my cresty

and ive got way too many spare 10gals, i think 4 or 5 right now. i had to hide them in the attic because i kept starting fish tanks with them lol, almost all my bettas are in 10gals right now XD

spare tanks are such a dangerous thing to us tank lovers.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:19 pm
Spare tanks are dangerous to everyone who ones a "small pet"... Think about it. They can house reptiles, fish, amphibians, AND rodents!!! The attic. That's a good idea. Except, I don't have an attic. I live in the basement, so storing them there would be counter-productive, and my mom would kill me if I stuffed the garage full of aquariums when she's already trying (and failing) to clean it out so she can park the car there. You know, I'm going to start a new thread so we don't end up hijacking this one. (Wait, might be too late for that!) XD

Awwww! What a shame. I wonder if the crestie would be attracted to a butterworm treat? They smell fruity, they're red & orange, and Man Ray (beardie) tells me they taste wonderful. Just a suggestion, of course. I love those little things. (Can't you tell?) They actually have good nutrient and calcium content, for being such fatty little bugs. I think they may have had a bit to do with saving Man Ray's life. They certainly fattened him up well... =)  

Foofy_Miru

Sarahmooo
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:16 am
Katie!
Ily ;D
Anyways, those pictures are so cute.
I miss Matty.

I wanna get the cats new toys and their favorite treats and wet food.
And the birds each a new toy, and some really good treats.
I wanna give the Beardie his favorite fruits and some crickets lol
And the Guinea pig, really yummy treats and some kind or cool wood toy to chew on.
And I have no idea for Grimm. I guess some mice xD

But I don't think I'm gonna be able to afford it, so I think I'll just stick to buying each of them a nice treat.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:42 pm
xD
I wanna get Maiya a Santa costume. I can't find any her size though. Dx
She doesn't really like toys or anything.. but I reeeaaally wanna get her a doggy bed. She loves those ones that go up around the edges.

As for the birds... Weell.. I been askin everyone to get them lots of toys instead of buying me things this year. If they're happy, I'm happy. Lol.

ParrotTamer
Vice Captain

Foofy_Miru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:58 pm
ArcticPanda
xD
I wanna get Maiya a Santa costume. I can't find any her size though. Dx
She doesn't really like toys or anything.. but I reeeaaally wanna get her a doggy bed. She loves those ones that go up around the edges.

As for the birds... Weell.. I been askin everyone to get them lots of toys instead of buying me things this year. If they're happy, I'm happy. Lol.

I want to get one of those doggy beds. Sadly, no one sells them in "big" breed size... I have yet to see one that will hold my 75 lb old lady. For that matter, I have yet to see one that would be anything but a stupidly tight fit for the 30 lb boxer/boston mutt. =P

Hehehe. I told my parents kind of the same thing. "I want a rack system for the snakes, a geriatric exam for Sammy, and a Herpstat thermostat for Christmas! ... And I would not object to three or four snakes from Serpenco before Rich retires COMPLETELY..."

(NOTE: "Serpenco" is the name of the corn snake breeding "company" belonging to world-renowned corn snake breeder Rich Zuchowski and his wife. They decided to retire this year, so he has hundreds of high-end, high-quality adult and sub-adult corn snakes for sale at very tempting prices.)  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:04 pm
Foofy;;
Well, I was at petco the other day and they had huge dog beds there. Along with Santa costumes lol. Anyways, Maiya is about forty five - fifty pounds and she filled about a third of it. Waaaay too big for her.

What is with you people and snakes? o-O They're scary.

ParrotTamer
Vice Captain

Foofy_Miru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:03 pm
Well, they didn't have them last time I looked... xD (The last time I looked was last month, at a big city Petco...) She already has a dog bed. She enjoys it, but it's too floppy for my and Romeo's tastes.

How could you call them scary?? They're WONDERFUL! I wuvvel my snakey babies! *snuggleses the snakies*  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:30 pm
Foofy_Miru
Well, they didn't have them last time I looked... xD (The last time I looked was last month, at a big city Petco...) She already has a dog bed. She enjoys it, but it's too floppy for my and Romeo's tastes.

How could you call them scary?? They're WONDERFUL! I wuvvel my snakey babies! *snuggleses the snakies*

o-o;;
Well, Sarah likes them too.
I guess I'll just have to learn to like them. .___.;
I've always been afraid of them. Dx
I'll try to at least touch one the next time I go to the pet store. >->

ParrotTamer
Vice Captain

Foofy_Miru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:15 am
I can respect an irrational fear. I'm still scared shitless of spiders... But it DOES always make me wonder what, exactly, can be so menacing about a cute little corn snake. One of my friends is terrified of the prospect of getting bit by a snake. My friend's PITA brother followed her to my house today (he's the one who had Zoom the tortoise), and ran away when I pulled out a baby corn snake... xD  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff