50%  [ 58 ]
Unyay
49%
 49%  [ 57 ]
Total Votes : 115

Self-Reference

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:13 am
Do people who talk about how they hate 'emos' bother anyone else?

I mean, of course it's annoying...

But it seems that everyone I know who hates emos have never met an emo kid...

They all go entirly on what other people have told them...

Like my best friend...Every single day I see the b*****d, he says something that involves how much he hates emo...

But as far as he knows, he's never met one. Ever.

And the majority of what he says involves mocking their love of My Chemical Romance.

No other band, as far as I can tell. (I like My Chemical Romance, by the way, so it bothers me quite a bit).

And he often mocks 'The shitty poetry they write'. He writes poetry too, and I've seen it. It's not good.

I dunno...Maybe I just needed to get that out, but it annoys my horribly...  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:24 am
You can tell your friend that he should think before he speaks.
Ask him if he has a GOOD reason to dislike us.
He may not know this..but not all emo kids are obsessed with Hawthorn Heights and MCR. >.> I don't even like MCR and I only a like a few HH songs.
As for poetry goes...jsut becaue we are emo..it doesn't mean we all write the same type of peotry (I write songs more than anything)
..and it doesn't mean it's shitty..jsut because we're emo.
I jsut said this in a thread about 5 mins ago..:
"people who put other down for their own esteem boost...waste the air we breathe"

SuperDanni

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:26 am
I'm not bothered by any type of person, as long as that's what the person really is. I do get irritated by people who pretend to be something to go along with a trend, or to be popular.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:32 am
SuperDanni
He may not know this..but not all emo kids are obsessed with Hawthorn Heights and MCR. >.> I don't even like MCR and I only a like a few HH songs.
As for poetry goes...jsut becaue we are emo..it doesn't mean we all write the same type of peotry (I write songs more than anything)
"people who put other down for their own esteem boost...waste the air we breathe"
That's what I thought...

Though I won't say anything, as he is a bit thickheaded...

A question, though...What makes an emo?

I know, I sound stupid...

But all I have to go on for the most part is the steriotype my freind talks about so much...

And that's just a little sad...  

Self-Reference

Eloquent Lunatic

Self-Reference

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:35 am
zz1000zz
I'm not bothered by any type of person, as long as that's what the person really is. I do get irritated by people who pretend to be something to go along with a trend, or to be popular.
Trends bother me muchfully...

I don't see why people feel such a compulsive need to 'fit in'...

Someone, please clear this up for me! gonk

Everyone should be more like me! (kidding ninja That would be bad...A bit amusing, though)  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:41 am
In my school we have the typical, whiny bitchy emo kids. They whine and make bad jokes. They listen to Hawthorne Heights (Sucks) and My Chemical Romance (Sucks as well). I hate them, as a person and 'emo' or whatever the hell it is, as a culture.

Also, really, no one has ever met an "Emo kid" because thats an idea made from stereotypes, and no one is a stereotype except as a character.  

Darth_Gently

IQUIT--Love-DD

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:43 am
It gets under my skin, it seems that people "dis-like" anything that they don't understand.
I love the emo culture -
Alot of emo people are the coolest you'll ever meet.
Not all MCR and HH songs are horrible, I personally like a few by both of them.
But then again, to each his own.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:52 am
kagemusha25
SuperDanni
That's what I thought...

But all I have to go on for the most part is the steriotype my freind talks about so much...

Emo is basically...emotional. it started out that way anyway.
It has now developed into a trend.
Tight pants/shirts with band logos, black rimmed glasses and dyed balck hair..with of course, long eye covering bangs. Pins, messanger bags and converse. that is what emo has become.
However..I consider most of those people 'scene.' Considering..they are only doing it to 'fit in.'
I've dyed my hair black numerous time..and i have black glasses...but I have never had a foot in a pair of converse nor do i play guitar or hang out at coffee shops. Emo is so broadly defined and steretypical now. that is really is hard to define what is and what isn't emo.
I consider myself emo because yes, I do write poetry, I am HIGHLY emotional and I do follow some of yhe trends. The crappy catch to it is that I was like this...before this craze has come out (within the alst two years I have found)
The other thing...is that I'm more caught in between emo and punk. There aren't many emo kids who were New Rocks and spiks..or listen to death metal. So i'm not quite sure where to place myself.
All in all though...emo is basically jsut an emotional person. The media has taken emo to a whole new level though..of fashion and music.

SuperDanni

Self-Reference

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:57 am
SuperDanni
kagemusha25
SuperDanni
That's what I thought...

Tight pants/shirts with band logos, black rimmed glasses and dyed balck hair..with of course, long eye covering bangs. Pins, messanger bags and converse. that is what emo has become.
However..I consider most of those people 'scene.' Considering..they are only doing it to 'fit in.'
I've dyed my hair black numerous time..and i have black glasses...but I have never had a foot in a pair of converse nor do i play guitar or hang out at coffee shops. Emo is so broadly defined and steretypical now. that is really is hard to define what is and what isn't emo.
I consider myself emo because yes, I do write poetry, I am HIGHLY emotional and I do follow some of yhe trends. The crappy catch to it is that I was like this...before this craze has come out (within the alst two years I have found)
The other thing...is that I'm more caught in between emo and punk. There aren't many emo kids who were New Rocks and spiks..or listen to death metal. So i'm not quite sure where to place myself.
All in all though...emo is basically jsut an emotional person. The media has taken emo to a whole new level though..of fashion and music.
That is what I would have thought...

Had I already known ninja

Thank you for clearing it up...Mostly pirate  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:00 am
SuperDanni

I've known quite a few people who were "emo," and most of them acted that way long before it was a trend. I guess the problem is that people thought they were cool, copied them, and wrecked it for the original ones. Sure that happens with all trends, but it's important to realize trends stem from people being original.  

zz1000zz
Crew

Darth_Gently

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:09 am
I say I don't like emo as a culture, nor the stereotype. If I meet with you and like you, we're cool. You're stereotypical emo in how you act, I'll hate you.

Not all these kids are stereotypical emo, but they are idiots and I hate idiots. Thats why I hate them so. And all they do is make screamo bands that suck.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:35 am
zz1000zz
SuperDanni

I've known quite a few people who were "emo," and most of them acted that way long before it was a trend. I guess the problem is that people thought they were cool, copied them, and wrecked it for the original ones. Sure that happens with all trends, but it's important to realize trends stem from people being original.

I agree 100%  

SuperDanni

Self-Reference

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:43 am
zz1000zz
SuperDanni

Indeed...

But originality is a near imposability anymore (as is good spelling for me), so it can't really be helped...  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:58 am
I like emos but everyone I know seems to hate them. Theyve all suddenly started calling me emo. and its now considered that anyone who is slightly upset must be "being emo".
Question : is an emo just an emotional person or does "being emo" mean dyeing your hair black and wearing the black rimmed glasses etc.  

Water Wytch

darkXmoon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:50 am
The only people that bother me in that group are the cutters. I have found there are more Emo cutters then in any other group. I don't even know one goth cutter personaly. My life sucks so I cut myself and show all my friends. At first I thought this was a form of depresion but most people that have depresion don't show there scars and barly ever talk about what is wrong. I don't know where I'm going with this, all I know is that they bother me. normal Emo people I'm cool with. There invited to my partys all the time, they bring good music.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff