Reply Adult Furries Guild
should I? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mugotarashii Neko

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:37 pm
I quit pursuing a music career about four years ago due to the scene being too full of bastards that just want to use you. I miss being on stage though and have been toying with the idea of doing it again. I don't feel like doin the punk/ heavy metal genre again though and want to pursue an accoustic/rock direction. My old band mates are all fired up and ready, i just need to hit the ignition switch. should i do it and sacrifice my IT position or just continue the boring salary-man life? Also for fun, any ideas for a band name?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:40 pm
I'd say go for it if it's something you really want to do. Besides, you already have your band mates waiting for the green light from you.  

Lunaria Canis

Friendly Shapeshifter

Mugotarashii Neko

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:42 pm
*pushes button* Green means go! I'll call them in an hour.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:44 pm
*smiles* Let me know how it goes. Music's always something I'm interested in, considering I'm a singer.  

Lunaria Canis

Friendly Shapeshifter

Mugotarashii Neko

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:47 pm
Will do, I have always had to play some form of musical instrument.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:48 pm
Though it might take a while to come up with a name for your group.  

Lunaria Canis

Friendly Shapeshifter

Mugotarashii Neko

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:51 pm
That's the real reason I posted! I have absolutely no idea what to call this creation.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:52 pm
I'll try my luck at it. What exactly are some things you have in mind?  

Lunaria Canis

Friendly Shapeshifter

Mugotarashii Neko

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:54 pm
I don't have any idea. I want it to be something that stand out of course, but nothing that says "we take this too seriously"  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:55 pm
Hmm......That could pose a challenge for me.  

Lunaria Canis

Friendly Shapeshifter

CyrusVillalobo

Shirtless Werewolf

5,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:55 pm
ohhh go for it....and wen u become famous i'll be a stalker...x3 and go ad steal things and sell them on Ebay lol...((joking)).also a name for a band ((

SeVen Car pile Up lol  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:00 pm
I don't get why you'd have to sacrifice your job to be in a band. confused

Atlaas

CabinFeverKitty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:17 pm
Totally go for it! The key word in your post was "boring", live an interesting life if you can't get away with anything else. If you get big, I call groupie rights though  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:45 pm
Mugotarashii Neko
I quit pursuing a music career about four years ago due to the scene being too full of bastards that just want to use you. I miss being on stage though and have been toying with the idea of doing it again. I don't feel like doin the punk/ heavy metal genre again though and want to pursue an accoustic/rock direction. My old band mates are all fired up and ready, i just need to hit the ignition switch. should i do it and sacrifice my IT position or just continue the boring salary-man life? Also for fun, any ideas for a band name?

It's clear as day what you should do.... GO FOR IT! You obviously love preforming so do what you want and don't let the assholes that come along stop you from enjoying what you do 3nodding  

Twotone Soul

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:47 pm
All scenes are full of bastards that want to use you. We usually call them corporations. xp

I too don't understand why you would need to sacrifice your job for your love of music. It's perfectly possible to do both. Plenty of people have boring old jobs while at the same time persuing a music career on the side for fun on the weekends usually. Sometimes it remains a hobby.

However, if you're in it for the money then there's two things.
1. Income is never stable. This is why many keep their job and do things on the weekends and sometimes week nights.
2. Boring IT jobs will likely always pay more than the music career (particularly over time, as just having one good night can't compare to an average consistent wage) unless you became really famous. I won't go into it much, but the music industry is pretty much set up so that unless you're rather famous, the corporations will be making all the profits and you'll be lucky to make anything. For the most part, only the super successful make anything substantial.

If you're going to do what you love, then go right ahead... Just try to work it out so you can sustainably do it rather than end up stuck at an even worse job at McDonald's because you quit your older one. neutral  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff