Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
Sims: Open For Business Official Thread Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SirEmino
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:03 pm
http://thesims2.ea.com/about/ep3_index.php?pid=Expansion_ep3

Quote:
Your Sims Get Down To Business

Now your Sims can create their own businesses. They can design their own clothing boutique, beauty salon, florist, high-end electronics shop, bustling restaurant chain, or virtually any other type of business. Hire your staff as the business grows and put talented Sims to work making toys, running the register, crafting floral bouquets, giving sales pitches, or manufacturing robots. But watch out for slacker employees and be prepared to fire them on the spot. From clever tinkerer to master craftsman, develop your Sim's talents to best suit your business needs. Will they build a thriving business empire or become eccentric entrepreneurs designing the next big thing?

*Create Thriving Businesses:
Open up shops selling just about anything from clothing, electronics, and toys to flowers, baked goods, robots and more. Customize any business to your choosing by tailoring the store theme, layout and prices. Hire employees with high sales skills and employ independent managers to run things while your Sim is away. Watch as your business grows from a mom and pop shop into a booming empire.

*Be The Boss:
Train employees, promote the best, and fire the rest. Cater to different customers including browsers and loyal shoppers. Mess with your Sims and dress them in outrageous mascot outfits that resemble Knights, Ninjas, Gorillas, and more. Reward the staff to boost morale but beware of slacker workers and be prepared to lay them off without hesitation!

*Learn The Tricks Of The Trade:
Customer is king. Develop your Sims' sales skills and determine if your employees should use a hard sell or drop the price to close the deal. Win the Best-of-the-Best Award to establish your Sim's business rep. Will your Sim's business make more money selling low quality products at basement rates or luxurious goods at scale-tipping prices?

*Turn Talents Into Cash:
Arrange flowers, make toys, and create robots to catch thieves at home or clean up the shop. Develop master-skilled Sims to make the most prized and expensive goods. Settle for an entry-level crafter and churn out pet bricks or faulty toy robots. Just bring home the bacon any way you can!

*More Than 125 New Items:
Stock up on essentials for your Sims' business, including display cases, a beauty salon chair, a toy workbench, a floral station, cash registers, and more. Complete your shop atmosphere with awnings and elevators for easy store navigation, or matching uniforms for all employees. With all the new items, there will never be another dull day building a business!

Discuss!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:43 pm
Sounds fun. Yay! I won't have to deal with guessing on the scenerio things that pop up while your sim is at work anymore. Those are evil.... it's so sad when I guess them wrong and they get demoted. I often feel guilty... V_V  

FateNotDenial

SirEmino
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:32 pm
Toy making and selling sounds fun. I cant wait to put them on display and sell it. I can also fire people? Hmm... Wonder if that will make them furious at me!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:58 am
I'm looking forward to this expansion but I don't think I'll like it as much as Nightlife. I hope they surprise me.  

Iris Lise

Interesting Browser

2,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

SirEmino
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:30 am
At least this time they came with elevators!

Quote:
...awnings and elevators for easy store...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:46 pm
yay for elelators! I will say though, I was hoping they'd throw in the option of running a petstore... I thought it'd be a great way to incorporate the pets into a "non-pets-based-EP" but oh well... maybe they are saving them to put them in the EP I came up with... simply called "Family"

Here's a random link to the BBS thread I made about that:
url=http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?
&openItemID=item.26,item.43,item.61,item.41,item.23&threadID=
aa6e5260e964e80798a5dc6a75d3ac0d&directoryID=26&startRow=1

But anyway, yeah, I'll probably still buy the O4B EP just cause I always buy them smile I like the extra items and build options. rolleyes  

amandapace7

SirEmino
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:03 pm
Making a sim own an inn is priceless smile .

I always dream of doing that. In fact, in Sims 1, I uses payable bed and a few hacks to make that work.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:01 pm
yes! I've been waiting for this kind of expansion for a while now. And besides, using stealth stairs as elevators has been pretty annoying.  

nbkczxig

smilylady

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:40 pm
SirEmino

I always dream of doing that. In fact, in Sims 1, I uses payable bed and a few hacks to make that work.

that cool, i made an inn twice, its fun.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:41 pm
MitosisK622
yes! I've been waiting for this kind of expansion for a while now. And besides, using stealth stairs as elevators has been pretty annoying.

talk about the stairs, it does get pretty annoying biggrin  

smilylady

Lady Vina

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:11 pm
SirEmino

You can use hacks on the Sims to make an inn? I only made one on a residential lot for show (well until Vacation came out that is).  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:09 pm
that sounds fun to make a world-wide restraunt chain biggrin  

Zwiebelsaft!

Kedarci

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:43 am
Anything Sims is Hot by me. heart lol cool  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:24 am
i_love_it
SirEmino

You can use hacks on the Sims to make an inn? I only made one on a residential lot for show (well until Vacation came out that is).

SimLogical.com have the equipments to make an inn. Just search for it under Sims 1.  

SirEmino
Captain

Iris Lise

Interesting Browser

2,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:03 pm
I'm looking forward to this one. I might not constantly use it but it should be a lot of fun. I hope there will be a lot of new objects with interactions.  
The Sims Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff