Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
The path of the Goddess

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shikon Lullaby

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:54 pm
Um,I'm interested in the path of wicca.Could somebody guide me,so that I may learn?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:20 pm
For starters: Wicca isn't goddess-worship. If you want 'the Path of the Goddess', you may want to look at traditions that are goddess-oriented instead.

In Wicca's particular case:

1) Be a legal adult - over the age of 18 (or 21, in some places).

2) Find a lineaged coven to teach you. You're looking for covens in what's known as British Traditional Wicca - Gardnerian, Alexandrian, Mohsian, Central Valley, Silver Crescent, Kingstone, Daoine Coire, Assembly of Wicca, and Majestic traditions.

Try looking at Witchvox, or reading through the Amber and Jet mailing list's archives. And don't get discouraged if there's some distance involved. It's pretty normal for people to have
to travel some distance to learn and practice with a coven. And there's no other way to properly do it - you need to learn from real people, face to face.

3) Don't get yourself 'stuck' on Wicca - there are lots of other pagan paths available to a person. Wicca is a very specific religion, and may not meet your needs.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:22 pm
What about a fertility-based witchcult that serves as priesthood to the Lord and Lady of the Isles in which you learn the Mysteries interests you?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:40 am
If you are interested in a "the path of the Goddess" then something like Dianic Witchcraft, the Fellowship of Isis, or Reclaiming might be a better fit.  

ncsweet
Crew

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:16 am
ncsweet
If you are interested in a "the path of the Goddess" then something like Dianic Witchcraft, the Fellowship of Isis, or Reclaiming might be a better fit.

(Edit... seems that the forums are glitching again gonk )

What you say is SO important that it gets put above the OP!
heart  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:06 am
can someone help me? i believe in "magic" and just about everything the church says is wrong although most of my family is cristan.  

ugly_Duckling_17

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:48 pm
ugly_Duckling_17
can someone help me? i believe in "magic" and just about everything the church says is wrong although most of my family is cristan.
What does this church say is wrong? What does your family being Christian have to do with this? Okay you believe in magic so?  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games