Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
Help?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kita44

5,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:06 pm
I've no idea what to do... I really like the thought of Paganism and I'm really comfortable with the beliefs, but I have no idea where to go from here. I'm a little stuck where I am because I know my parent's won't approve. I'm going to respect that, but it leaves me with a dilemma. I have no idea how to incorporate Paganism into my life, and I really don't even know what to incorporate...

So I come to you all. Any advice on, well, anything would be great. Whether it be simple ideas on how to incorporate my beliefs (I do believe in the God and Goddess, and I think one of my patron goddesses is going to be Gaia, no pun intended) Plus any info on anything would be helpful too.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:54 pm
It sounds like you're in search of a particular path to follow.

I recommend "Paganism" by the Higginbothams if you haven't read it yet, to get a feel for the breadth of Paganism and your own beliefs.

Which god and goddess do you believe in?

On the subject of patrons, they choose you, you don't choose them wink They're not whichever goddess you choose to pray to in ritual. They are gods who have particular interest in you, gods you serve directly. It's a particularly strong bond. Gaia is a primal entity in Greek religion. I'm not sure how she was worshipped. You may want to read up on Hellenismos and Greek myth. I think there are Homeric hymns to Gaia as well.

For that matter, if you're interested in a Greek deity you may want to look into Hellenic polytheism.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Esselean

Tipsy Fairy

11,225 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:56 am
I don't know what you mean by incorporating your beliefs into your life. If you already have your beliefs then they are already in your life confused
The only advice I can give you is read and learn biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:50 am
Esselean
I don't know what you mean by incorporating your beliefs into your life. If you already have your beliefs then they are already in your life confused

Well, it's that I was raised a Christian, and I'm used to having 'direct contact' (for lack of better words) with the Divine. But I'm not sure how to do that now...  

kita44

5,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Window Shopper 100

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:44 pm
kita44
Esselean

Well, it's that I was raised a Christian, and I'm used to having 'direct contact' (for lack of better words) with the Divine. But I'm not sure how to do that now...

Hmm. Well I would read about the Gods you want to have direct contact with and learn how to make contact with them. Gods are unique and each has different things they like and dislike.

Since you are still Christian I will advise that you talk with YHVH so that he will let you out of his covenant and explain to him why you aren't happy being one of his children. He's not an unreasonable god but he can be pretty scary. You can even talk to him through Jesus if you need to. This is important because his curses that last for seven generations and well if your kids end up pagan you don't want them to end up cursed. This should help ease the transition into becoming a pagan.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:43 pm
rmcdra
kita44
Esselean

Hmm. Well I would read about the Gods you want to have direct contact with and learn how to make contact with them. Gods are unique and each has different things they like and dislike.

Since you are still Christian I will advise that you talk with YHVH so that he will let you out of his covenant and explain to him why you aren't happy being one of his children. He's not an unreasonable god but he can be pretty scary. You can even talk to him through Jesus if you need to. This is important because his curses that last for seven generations and well if your kids end up pagan you don't want them to end up cursed. This should help ease the transition into becoming a pagan.

Idk, that sounds a little weird to me.. Because most of the reasons I don't want to be a Christian anymore would be very insulting. Not to mention I don't even really trust him anymore, because I tend to think he's a tad bit sexist.  

kita44

5,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Window Shopper 100

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:51 pm
kita44
rmcdra
kita44
Esselean

Idk, that sounds a little weird to me.. Because most of the reasons I don't want to be a Christian anymore would be very insulting. Not to mention I don't even really trust him anymore, because I tend to think he's a tad bit sexist.

YHVH prefers honesty first and foremost from those in his covenant. He is a reasonable god, just a bit of d**k sometimes. If talking to him scares you, you could always ask Jesus to act as an intermediate between you two. Still being part of his covenant might prevent you from connecting with other Gods or could cause issues. Defecting is far more honorable and than being an oath breaker. I'm only recommending this step because in my experience so far, trust is necessary for building any type of relationship, especially with deities.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:45 am
rmcdra
kita44
rmcdra
kita44
Esselean

YHVH prefers honesty first and foremost from those in his covenant. He is a reasonable god, just a bit of d**k sometimes. If talking to him scares you, you could always ask Jesus to act as an intermediate between you two. Still being part of his covenant might prevent you from connecting with other Gods or could cause issues. Defecting is far more honorable and than being an oath breaker. I'm only recommending this step because in my experience so far, trust is necessary for building any type of relationship, especially with deities.

Ok, I'll try it.  

kita44

5,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Window Shopper 100
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items