Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Square Enix Cosplayers Guild

Back to Guilds

Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts, Cosplay, Chat, Gatherings, Roleplaying and Info 

Tags: Cosplay, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Convention, Game 

Reply Cosplays! (Tips, pictures, WIPs)
I want to get violet contacts, but have astigmatism, help?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rindesayu Ayame

Sparkly Lunatic

9,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:34 am
How do I go about getting Violet colored contacts. I know that there are some colored for astigmatism, but Im just not sure which. I don't think that mine is that bad, so I could possibly get away with regular. I want to get the most realistic brand that is out there.

What would really be amazing is if you guys could post your pictures with colored contacts, and share experiences. I would be thrilled. biggrin I'll even give compliments haha.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:05 pm
Before you order anything, check with your optometrist (eye doctor).
Chances are s/he can tell you how bad your astigmatism is and if contacts are right for you.
If you can wear them, I'm sure s/he can also tell you which brands are suitable for people with astigmatism.  

Turk Shuriken

Rindesayu Ayame

Sparkly Lunatic

9,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:03 pm
I Cissnei of the Turks I
Before you order anything, check with your optometrist (eye doctor).
Chances are s/he can tell you how bad your astigmatism is and if contacts are right for you.
If you can wear them, I'm sure s/he can also tell you which brands are suitable for people with astigmatism.

Thanks a bunch dearie :3 I think that's what I might just do ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:51 pm
Going along with what Cissnei said, It's very important that you go to the eye doctor... everybody's eyes are different, like fingerprints. to get contacts, the doctor has to measure your eye and everything. You can end up blind if you have the wrong kind of contacts.

The ones sold at conventions never looked that good to me anyways...

But as for color, it depends on your real eye color, and the shade of violet you want. Darker colored eyes need a kind of "base" if you're trying to get a lighter eye color. If you have light eyes, then the color basically "blends" with your real color. I have really light blue/almost silver eyes, and I wear a bright green for Aeris, and the color fools everyone.

http://mewaeris.deviantart.com/art/Scene-Kid-Aeris-87305794

I've seen sombody one time who had brown eyes, and amazing purpule contacts that looked real! Sadly, I don't know her anymore...  

mew Aeris
Vice Captain

Cosplays! (Tips, pictures, WIPs)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces