Reply Buying and Advice
(Left handed) Bolt action .22s

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OO23OO

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:24 pm
I'm looking into buying a rather inexpensive bolt action .22 (Somewhere under $200) that's pretty accurate up to 100 yards, with decent iron sights. I would like it to be left handed, but that's pretty much a pipe dream. I realized today that I enjoy target shooting, and hitting, but I cant' afford to dump a few hundred rounds of .40 a shooting trip to get better. So, shoot me your ideas. I'm liked my friend's Savage Mk. II when I took that out.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:52 am
Umm... hmm. My brother's a lefty, and he's selling off his gun collection. I'll have to ask, but you might get a good deal on a target .22 right here... I think it's a Lakefield 91T, but I'd have to see the actual gun to find out. Fully outfitted for competitive target shooting, with the adjustable buttstock with hook and aperture/globe sights.

ETA: Stock photo. That's a righty version, but his IS lefty (and blonde), has a target sling, and a hooked butt plate vaguely similar to the one in the linked photo.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OO23OO

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:05 am
Fresnel
Umm... hmm. My brother's a lefty, and he's selling off his gun collection. I'll have to ask, but you might get a good deal on a target .22 right here... I think it's a Lakefield 91T, but I'd have to see the actual gun to find out. Fully outfitted for competitive target shooting, with the adjustable buttstock with hook and aperture/globe sights.

ETA: Stock photo. That's a righty version, but his IS lefty (and blonde), has a target sling, and a hooked butt plate vaguely similar to the one in the linked photo.
Would the stock be legal in NY?

And I was kinda hoping to go with a stock weapon.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:18 pm
OO23OO
Fresnel

I think the hook comes off with an allen screw, but I don't see why it wouldn't be legal. It's a solid, monte-carlo style stock with a rail in the front for a hand stop or sling swivel, and a hook on the bottom of the buttplate. No pistol grip, no thumbhole...

ETA: Lakefield 91TR. The 91T didn't take magazines. For the whole shebang he's looking for $400. Guess that's a bit out of your price range. xp  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OO23OO

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:45 pm
Fresnel
OO23OO
Fresnel

I think the hook comes off with an allen screw, but I don't see why it wouldn't be legal. It's a solid, monte-carlo style stock with a rail in the front for a hand stop or sling swivel, and a hook on the bottom of the buttplate. No pistol grip, no thumbhole...

ETA: Lakefield 91TR. The 91T didn't take magazines. For the whole shebang he's looking for $400. Guess that's a bit out of your price range. xp
Yeah.
And it's third on the list of guns I plan on getting. Just below a WASR 10, and Mossberg 500  
Buying and Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games