Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Recent Translated Manga Discussion - For those who have read the newest translations!
Gaara minus Shuukaku Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

. : GOLD : .
  Thank you, Kage! I shall now surrender my soul to your surpreme awesomeness! *Glomp*
  Yeah, thanks, but you still suck. *Flips Kage off*
  I am the whore to your poll. *Whores the poll*
View Results

Oo+Nerd.Next.Door+oO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:08 pm
Now that Shuukaku has been removed from Gaara, will Gaara still retain his ability to control sand? Opinions, reasons, clues from the manga, etc.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:31 pm
Of course he will. His control over sand had to do with his magical gourd on his back, not the sealed demon. It was enchanted with the blood of his mama to protect him, so he'd live to be able to USE the demon. (or be used by it...)

But will he still be Kazekage? Dunno.  

skmt999

RaynaRose

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:34 am
He is still able to control sand. When he reaches out to shake naruto's hand and naruto hesitates, you can see sand around Narutos hand bringing it up to shake Gaara's. ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:32 pm
skmt999
Of course he will. His control over sand had to do with his magical gourd on his back, not the sealed demon. It was enchanted with the blood of his mama to protect him, so he'd live to be able to USE the demon. (or be used by it...)

I was under the impression that the gourd simply carried sand that was tainted with the blood of his victims. Yes, his mother's spirit is sealed in it, but wasn't that done to give him that absolute defense? Because Gaara's able to control all sand. What other reason would he need for carrying around that heavy gourd, other than the secure a constant source of sand?

But I could be wrong. I've always had a bit of a difficult time understanding the whole damn system that they had worked out. ^^

If the ability to control sand really is his, then why would it affect his place as Kazekage? The Shuukaku gave him amazing healing properties, and, when needed, could be released. I never thought that the Shuukaku played a role in his actual skills.

Oo+Nerd.Next.Door+oO

Oo+Nerd.Next.Door+oO

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:37 pm
RaynaRose
He is still able to control sand. When he reaches out to shake naruto's hand and naruto hesitates, you can see sand around Narutos hand bringing it up to shake Gaara's. ^^

Yay...I'm not the only one who noticed that. ^^ I guess the only actual question here is will he still have that monstrous strength? I honestly can't see why he wouldn't, but maybe Kishimoto has some master plan that involves a weakening in Gaara's power.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:39 pm
I can't believe someone actually flipped me off. How rude...  

Oo+Nerd.Next.Door+oO

big-pimp-daddy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:55 pm
i dont know if this isnt compleatly obvious. but i have a theory about them taking all the tailed deamons......well how many deamons are there? 9! ok now how many people were performing the ritual? 9! so if 9-9 maby each one will seal a deamon inside themselfs to become even more powerfull  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:59 pm
skmt999

well there is a flaw with what you just said. the sand on his back does have his moms blood in it but that just meens it atomatically defends him without any force on his part. his power over sand dosnt come from the gourd. but other members of the sand village can controll sand too just not with the same greatness as gaara. so it wasnt his deamon giveing him the power. so he should still be able to controll sand  

big-pimp-daddy

aznnam3dj1n

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:30 pm
I think it was mention earlier but i guess it'll be a repeat but he'll have control of the sand but it won't come out of its free will as it would be when Shukaku was in Gaara.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:32 am
yea like he won't be able to unconsciously protect himself against attacks like in the chuunin exam against lee  

Historical

Emikane

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:02 pm
yeah he can still control it. but i think he left his gourd of sand with akatsuki. but im not sure. i dont think the sand can still protect him tho. cuz that was shukaku that protected him. so i dont no. aww i wuv gaara heart  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:53 pm
I hope he can still control it. pirate  

Soleninja

2,150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

Nephite Warrior

Newbie Noob

3,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:17 pm
kage_no_ai
Now that Shuukaku has been removed from Gaara, will Gaara still retain his ability to control sand? Opinions, reasons, clues from the manga, etc.

the shukaku thing is similar to the 9tail fox demon in naruto, except not as strong...has nothing to do with his ability to control sand  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:24 pm
I thought Gaara's mother was sacrificed to insert the Shukaku demon into Gaara, the gourd on his back is just for carrying sand and the blood in the sand is from the people that he's previously killed. The Shukaku defended Gaara automatically so I'm guessing that without it the auto defence won''t happen but he could still control sand. And just another thing to add, I'e not actually read this chapter of the manga yet so I''m only going on what someone said earlier about the sand on his hands when he shook Naruto's, Gaara has a layer of sand on his body incase the auto sheild fails and thats why his face cracks when he get's hit.

Damn thats a lot of text!

Kit_Kid

Neo Flybynight

2,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:35 pm
The reason Gaara can control the sand is becaues of the fact that the sould of him motehr resides in the gourd on his back ... not because of Shuukaku ... One thing taht he WILL lose is a LOT of Chakra .... and he will gain the ability to SLEEP safely.  
Recent Translated Manga Discussion - For those who have read the newest translations!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games