Reply Anime lovers
Was Kira Right? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Astalakio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:11 pm
OK, so a lot of the topics on this forum are to do with the characters, favourites, ect and that's cool, but it's a really interesting debate in whether you think Light was just in attempting to kill all the criminals in the world and rule over them like a god. Or do you think L was right to try and stop him, and why?

Just to clarify, this isn't an 'Who do you like better: L or Light?' thread, because not only has that been done a million times, but we all pretty much know who is the most popular, don't we?

So yeah, that's the question I'm asking: 'Was Kira Right?'. Please don't post if you're not going to contribute an intelligent point. Thanks! blaugh

I'm going to start of by saying that, although at first glance I might have thought that Light was doing the right thing, I actually now think that humans need to let their natural deviant tendancies be acknowledged. Not to mention, people that haven't done anything wrong are going to be cowering in fear anyway as well.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:25 pm
BB_Is_Superior
OK, so a lot of the topics on this forum are to do with the characters, favourites, ect and that's cool, but it's a really interesting debate in whether you think Light was just in attempting to kill all the criminals in the world and rule over them like a god. Or do you think L was right to try and stop him, and why?

Just to clarify, this isn't an 'Who do you like better: L or Light?' thread, because not only has that been done a million times, but we all pretty much know who is the most popular, don't we?

So yeah, that's the question I'm asking: 'Was Kira Right?'. Please don't post if you're not going to contribute an intelligent point. Thanks! blaugh

I'm going to start of by saying that, although at first glance I might have thought that Light was doing the right thing, I actually now think that humans need to let their natural deviant tendancies be acknowledged. Not to mention, people that haven't done anything wrong are going to be cowering in fear anyway as well.

I agree with that statement.  

_ighost_recon_

Mar marrs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:16 pm
ok, i don't agree with light's ideas. i think that his mind was corupt with power and he decided to kill all of the criminals to create a "peacefull world". to me it wouldn't at all be peaceful. it would be out of fear. and the whole thing about killing criminals, i think that if you kill a criminal, you are just comitting the same crime. that is my opinion about Light's ideas.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:26 pm
Mar marrs
ok, i don't agree with light's ideas. i think that his mind was corupt with power and he decided to kill all of the criminals to create a "peacefull world". to me it wouldn't at all be peaceful. it would be out of fear. and the whole thing about killing criminals, i think that if you kill a criminal, you are just comitting the same crime. that is my opinion about Light's ideas.
SAME THING I WAS GONAA SAY U BEAT ME 2 IT stressed BUT STRONGLY AGREE  

ll Unholy Sinner ll

Kira Adel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:45 pm
yeah!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:22 am
I agree with BB_Is_Superior. When Light first started out, he was doing good for the world. Those people were probably going to be executed, or rot in jail, so he was doing the world a favor. Unfortunatly, L and the police led him into a place that he most likely wouldn't have gone if they let him have his way, and I beleive that's why he went mad with power. Yes, it was a fear based eutopia he created, but it had the right idea.

Toxic Corrupt

Xx_heartless135_xX

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:35 pm
i think that light is just in what he's doing because the way i figure it if you get rid of all the criminals and leave inoccent people in fear you can gradualy take over the world that's my dream a world were everyone is couering in fear while the people who enstow that fear are in apsalute control, yeah i know i'm not a good speller and i got a sick twisted mind right...  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:26 pm
Well, I agree and disagree.

Agreeing: He has very good intentions. He wants to rid the world of all evil, and alot of people agree that, if they were in the place of a murder victim/their family, they would want the murderer dead. He's just taking the law into his own hands, really. There is a death penalty. Plus, people in jail eat better then some people in poverty. Why should we waist tax on the thousands of people in jails?

Disagreeing: Raito is also playing god though. He is a human, not a god, and what right does he have taking peoples lives? And after a while, he takes innocent lives too and ruins his intentions. He had good intentions, but no human could stay sane with that amount of power.

So, meh... I'm neutral.

x - - - Cyan Cecilia

moonfells

Dangerous Friend

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:10 pm
Kinda Both He Was Right When At The Beggining He Just Started As A Person Who Wanted The Criminals To Go Away So He Started To Delete Them

He Was Wrong When After L Started Chasing Him He Became A Power Freak And Became A Criminal Himself

BASICALLY What Toxic Corrupt Said So I Agree With Her  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:16 pm
Light was kinda doing the right thing but so was L. light was killing people,and that was Wrong. while L was trying to stop him.  

kira1313

Purrseffeny

Beloved Bloodsucker

7,925 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:39 am
Yeah!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:28 am
what he was doing was wrong but I can see why he did it in the frist place..  

xAishiteru_Sakurax

Sid the Vampire Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:05 pm
He was doing the wrong thing sure its a nice idea to get rid of all the criminals, but they have familys who have done nothing wrong, so he was punishing inocent people as well. Light allso wanted to be god i dont think he really wanted a better world he just got sick of being walked all over and decided he wanted to be god  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:21 pm
It was totally wrong , I don't care about how many "Criminals he killed" the power corrupted him early on making him kill people he didn't even have reason for. For example, ALL of the fbi agents that were simply investigating. There also is the problem that no matter how much evidence there is there still are innocent people in jail. And it would be hard for a person who's just looking at pictures and names to know that the woman in jail for murdering her husband, killed him because he was being abusive. Power like that makes anyone lose their minds and killing criminals was bad, from the start.

Watchoutfer1313

Fairy-Amazon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:36 pm
Although he had good intentions, he went about it the wrong way. If people started killing others then they'd turn into a monster like he did; killing doesn't solve anything unless in situations that called for it, like saving your and your families lives.  
Anime lovers

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff