Reply Survival (NOW OPEN)
Twilight 2013: "Good luck. You're on your own."

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

InterElli

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:42 am
Anyone else even seen this? It is Twilight 2000 3ed edition and is hand's down the most accurate and realistic survival game currently on market. The idea behind the game is global war has destroyed the world infrastructure. Nine out of ten people in the world have died. For games set in the US, where I am assuming most of us live, the situation has become so bad that the president and what is left of the federal government officially dissolve their offices until such a time that the infrastructure required to support a continent spanning nation can be rebuilt and turn all federal personnel over to their state or local governments

Some of the background for the game is a little sketchy from a security and intel (my second degree) point of view, but the author had to ruin the world in five years, so I cut him some slack on that part. Among other things, China blacks out the US, Russia supports them, the US in turn blacks out both of them, several cities vanish along the way. Russia invades Europe to secure more farmland (then their people are shithammered by the bubonic plague and famine, but by then the war has already in full swing). The US military is still scattered all over the world. Saudi Arabia along with the Mujahadeen go nuts and take over the entire Arabian Peninsula and much of central Asia, and remove (read: Kill) almost all non-Muslims. And they are now in a stalemate against Iran (and possibly soon an Iran/Kurd/US alliance) on one side and the maybe/maybe not nuclear armed Egyptian/Israeli alliance on the other.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:21 am
I thought this was going to be a thread about the other twilight. Whew, that's a relief.

Anyways, I have not heard of it yet, but it sounds good. I'll have to look into it.

By the way, welcome to the guild!  

Man of the Demoneye

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:56 am
InterElli
the president and what is left of the federal government officially dissolve their offices
Never happen. Power is government's monkey-trap. Their hand is stuck in the jar, but they keep pulling, refusing to admit that LETTING GO will free them from their burden, and often refusing to recognize that their hand is stuck.

This is a tabletop game, right? I wonder if it would be possible to set up a guild or something for that, if anyone has it. I'd love to play a tabletop, but I don't know anyone anywhere near me who owns any books, or even plays any for that matter.  
Survival (NOW OPEN)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games