Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skaia Beltane

Tiny Wildcat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:29 am
User Image

I wanted to start a christmas event thread 3nodding

I'm already very exited about christmas, both irl and on Gaia.

Rumour goes that Sentinel and Overseer are coming back for christmas. This could also be a reason why we still have Jaws in our aquariums. I wonder what the event is about, Santa's back and all, so maybe about these two, now powerless little demigods who will find the meaning of christmas.

What would you like to see for the event?

Also: How do you celebrate christmas in irl, or do you simply ignore the holiday?

I celebrate the christmas with my mom and little brother. We have the traditional things like the tree and presents but we don't go to chuch since we are not very religious. And we do not eat turkey.
We eat ham, which has been made in the oven, with mustard. In the morning we eat porridge made of rice and milk/cream. You can put sugar and cinnamon in it. There is one almond in every pot of porridge. If you get it you get to do weird ceremonies.
There are also three kinds of casseroles (spelling?) Potato, carrot and
rutabaga. We also eat several kinds of fish and this salad called rosolli, I have no idea what that would be called in english.

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:13 am
Don't know what will happen for Christmas this year here at Gaia, but in real life my family meets up Christmas Eve (usually at one of my brother's house). We started a tradition several years ago that we eat Tex-Mex for Christmas, because some of us don't like turkey and ham was getting boring. After dinner the kids open their presents from uncles and aunts and the adults play Texas Hold Em or Bingo for "white elephant" presents. Then Santa visits the house, and many of us go to Midnight Mass to finish the night.

The next day, most of my brothers and sisters go to visit their in-laws to celebrate.  

Kinnei

5,650 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Informer 100
  • Befriended 100

Salmay
Captain
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:57 pm
Unless they start Christmas on Gaia early, I won't be able to do much. I am going to my mom's and she has dial up.

After Christmas Mom and I are going to California to see the Rose Parade, so I am good, even if I miss stuff here.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:53 pm
I'm always excited for X-mas on Gaia. I can't wait to go caroling. biggrin

This year Christmas is gonna be a little different. My one sister who used to host Christmas Eve dinner has moved to Florida so I am not sure what we are doing on the 24th. Christmas day I plan on making a big dinner. We are gonna have roasted rabbit and potatoes and squash. My other sister and her husband will be over in the morning to open gifts and join us for breakfast. It's gonna be a lot of fun.  

sometimesalways

Vice Captain

fxxkin demon

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:35 pm
I've been ready for Christmas on Gaia XD (as you've noticed) Can't wait for the event! They kinda left us hanging at the end of Halloween. I need resolution dammit! mad
Just gotta get through the rest of my finals, then I can focus on getting the rest of my gift list checked off gonk

Same as every year, celebrating Christmas Eve and morning with my family. Only this year my older bro and I are going to subject everyone to our collaborative cooking for dinner. We're totally not traditional either (just a little burned out on turkey... ). I'm making manicotti (the crepes are a pain to make, but it's worth it) and he's making some kind of beef something and seafood stuffed mushrooms.

My niece is old enough to be excited about Santa and junk and one of my little nephews is starting to understand, so it's fun playing along with it X3
My little bro is funny. His wife just had a baby and they had to go have pics done at the mall with Santa. The kid can't even hold his head up yet and they're already torturing him rolleyes xd  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:17 pm
Gaia has given us a holiday CS update and now aquarium update (CS also, exept for the tree) New fishes are quite cute though.

Gold shop update next please?

I got my holiday tree, but probably won't be getting any lights on it, since they are way too expencive in the MP xD (And in cash too, I might add. One light for 25gc? lols I feel sad for the cash users here) But the tree is nice. Douple booty on the weekend, ouch our poor economy.

Event should start at 16th already, according to the newsletter. Overseer and Sentinel will be there biggrin Go read it

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-news-updates/gaia-9-action-news-december-issue/t.56898693/  

Skaia Beltane

Tiny Wildcat

sometimesalways

Vice Captain

fxxkin demon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:40 pm
Oooo! But I did my daily chance before the aquarium thing started. No tree for me today. emo  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:43 pm
sometimesalways
Oooo! But I did my daily chance before the aquarium thing started. No tree for me today. emo

Me too, but my mule got it for me wink  

Skaia Beltane

Tiny Wildcat

Tamei Dukes

O.G. Dabbler

11,225 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:17 am
User Image
I hope they work out their differences and become friends again. I want the overseer to keep his body though, MUCH better than the clam imo.

In rl, we put up the huge tree, which we still haven't done. We make a ham and mac and cheese and buy greens to cook new years night. We open our presents christmas morining and the rest of the day is spent visiting families' homes and at night we watch movies and entertain our own guests that usually come over.
Oh and we bake sweets!
I love the holidays. <3

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:55 pm
Im looking forward to the event but I'll miss most it.
As I'm flying to the uk from canada on the 21st. To spend christmas with the my bf's family. Then going to my familys for boxxing day. Im not very religous either but we still have a tree, gifts, big dinner (my family doesnt do turkey but goose) we play games in the afternoon like crabble or watch films.  

Kalzonie
Crew

Sparkly Seeker

8,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Salmay
Captain
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:18 pm
I am glad the event starts this week.

I made some Weight watcher cookies and they are tasty! Cookie party Thursday. Group Party Sunday. tired.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:00 am
Salmay

I made some Weight watcher cookies and they are tasty! Cookie party Thursday. Group Party Sunday. tired.

Cookies! whee

Today is MC day and event should start tomorrow... Well at least something should start, maybe caroling if not the event. ^_____^  

Skaia Beltane

Tiny Wildcat

Kinnei

5,650 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Informer 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:26 am
Iehonatane
Salmay

Cookies! whee

Today is MC day and event should start tomorrow... Well at least something should start, maybe caroling if not the event. ^_____^

Agrees on the cookie enthusiasm... xd

And yes, the Event should start tomorrow. Of course, there will be glitches to work out and it won't get well underway until probably Friday.

And I'm guessing that one of the MCs today will be tied to the story "A Christmas Carol" given the "Christmas spirit" clue. The other one...not sure, maybe the Mythrill Laurels people have been howling about for forever.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:41 am
I hope it'll start soon. And I bet we're getting green/silver items from caroling this year wink  

Skaia Beltane

Tiny Wildcat

Salmay
Captain
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:58 pm
That was very nearly fun...

got to start the event, then it failed again. Anyone else notice that all the cheap socks were pulled out of the shops?  
Gaiaholics Anonymous

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff