Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Random dark Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a society of goths, emos, punk, or any other non conformist style. 

Tags: Goth Emo Punk, Bored, Dark, Friends, Social 

Reply The Random Dark Guild Forum
My opinion on labels

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Immanence
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:13 pm
This may anger some people here, but this is my opinion on labels.

Labels are only used to identify a person who has a different 'style' or different 'personality' than others. Labels are at some of the lowest levels of actually knowing someone, because you can't tell a lot about someone if they are simply labeled as something like 'Gothic' or 'Nerd.' That doesn't tell you who they really are, it is just a generalization of their personality or the way they dress. But no label explains a person. For instance; the label 'Gothic' doesn't explain who the person is. It doesn't explain their beliefs, it doesn't explain their taste in music, it doesn't explain what kind of food they like, it doesn't explain how creative they are, and it doesn't explain what movies they like. Sure, it can have some general pointers to what they might like, but it doesn't tell us. It is okay to use labels, but people are beginning to judge by labels. Labels cause the problems of stereotypes and prejudice. This is why labels are at some of the lowest levels of knowing. The only way to get to know someone is to actually meet them and learn who they are yourself. I believe that labels should not be used until you actually get to know the person a little bit, because if you see them and automatically say 'Oh she is such a prep' then that will cause problems, or 'He is such a nerd'. I'm sure we have all done this before, but it is a bad habit that must be stopped.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:16 pm
agree, im ok with being called goth but when people start avoiding me because of it then it gets outta hand.  

ll-Mystic Rhythms-ll

Git Rekt

Beloved Ladykiller

9,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:25 pm
I totally 100% agree with you guys

♡Lauren

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:33 am
i also agree with you guys my friends also label me goth and im cool with it but they dont want me to be goth and somtimes they gey afraid or scared of me so do other people.  

sweetiepie20014

panda-chan19

Friendly Lunatic

7,400 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:08 am
I also agree with you guys. Iam totaly fine being labled emo, but once people start rumors or want to change me or want to stop being friends with me, then its when i have a problem with the whole lable things.
emo
emo emo
emo emo emo
emo emo emo emo  
The Random Dark Guild Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out