Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
male dianic wiccans?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Doc Dillamond

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:17 pm
quite a few books I've read say that men can be dianic wiccans, but quite a few dianic wiccans that i have talked to say that you cant. your thoughts?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:02 pm
Dianic Witchcraft (even they don't call it Wicca any longer, due to the fact that it focuses almost exclusively on the Goddess) is a feminist Tradition. So while you may find some men, it's probably somewhat rare and would be one of those things that is up to the individual covens.  

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:02 pm
gemherbal
quite a few books I've read say that men can be dianic wiccans, but quite a few dianic wiccans that i have talked to say that you cant. your thoughts?

First off!
Dianics aren't Wiccan. Most of them who have two brain cells to rub together to form a thought understand that they do not maintain the things necessary to be legitimately called Wiccan. They refer to themselves as simply Dianics or Dianic witches now.

From what I understand of the Dianics, I don't see why a man couldn't be a Dianic witch. He'd just have to find a group of Dianics who aren't anti-man.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:44 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
gemherbal

First off!
Dianics aren't Wiccan. Most of them who have two brain cells to rub together to form a thought understand that they do not maintain the things necessary to be legitimately called Wiccan. They refer to themselves as simply Dianics or Dianic witches now.

From what I understand of the Dianics, I don't see why a man couldn't be a Dianic witch. He'd just have to find a group of Dianics who aren't anti-man.

sorry i was unaware of the change of name redface  

Doc Dillamond

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:40 pm
gemherbal
Violet Song jat Shariff
gemherbal

First off!

sorry i was unaware of the change of name redface

LOL no worries ^_^  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games