Submit

Ser Martyr

Super Streaker

9,300 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:38 am
So is there a habit that you think would be considered weird for your character? For me its that even though I'm essentially the righteous gift from God in FO3. I have a very bad habit of scuirreling away items. Is it unique? One of a kind? If I find out about it, I hunt it down and obtain it, if its on a person, I painstakingly reverse pickpocket. Is it an unusual misc item? I'll keep that too.

I am an obsessive scavenger. I'm also a museum, people talk about wearing their T-51b to battle, I hear that and say 'Wear my T-51b? And get it damaged? THIS IS UNTHINKABLE.

Discuss:

Obsessive traits of your character.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:56 pm
This is a weird habit of mine, but I mess with enemies until they're running down a hill at me, and then I VATS their legs away. I just like watching things roll down hills.

Another trait I have is taking the MIRV to the top of Tenpennny Tower and shootgin straight up just to see where the nukes fall, I reload my save to keep from wasting mini-nukes though.  

Haratio TaFotter
Crew

Herr Kaiser

Aged Codger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:36 pm
i used to never leave my megaton house without my gauss rifle or winterized T-51B, even if i was just looking around town.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:30 pm
I set up my house for defending against home invasion, even though it doesn't happen in the game. I have a variety of pistols by the bed, a few landmines set up by the door, and a hunting rifle on the balcony at Megaton.

I also have the museum thing going on. If I can't repair it, I wont risk damaging it.

There's also a hatred of power armor. I never wear it. I keep a set of each kind of power armor on display at my house, but stick to the Ranger combat armor when it comes time to fight. When not fighting, I walk around in pre-war business-wear. I started it on purpose, but recently realized that I was doing it without even noticing. Even while walking in the wasteland. Makes random enemy encounters that much more interesting when you can be killed within seconds of them spotting you.  

Roane Farhall

Distinct Hunter

ExpendableTribbleKeeper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:45 pm
I always need to have my weapons in perfect condition. I carry around extras to repair it when it's at about 95% or whatever.

In my house, I have a locker for mutilated body parts, a locker for everything to make weapons (I still collect that s**t even though I don't use or sell the weapons I make), and my desk is full of crap for the Pitt or Point Lookout. I used to have all my spare armor and weapons in the room at the top of the stairs but then I moved it all to the filing cabinet next to the bed. (It was cool being waist-deep in flamers and power armor!) I buy s**t I don't need (punga fruit, stimpaks [over 500], and misc. stuff like teddy bears and sugar bombs). As for collecting stuff for the house, I pick up 8 balls and cue balls.

When I need to sell things, I go to Rivet City, sell to Bannon, Cindy, then Seagraves. Then I deliver things to people (sugar bombs, pre-war books, Quantums).  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:41 am
Yeah, see I have the second floor room in Megaton (The Room with the couch) is my 'Lincoln Museum' then the first floor bookshelf (I use the prewar theme) I set up as a 'Childhood Nostalgia' Where I place. Baseball, Baseball Glove, Baseball Bat, Baseball cap, Grognak the Barbarian, Giddyup Buttercup (Courtesy of Mothership Zeta), Lunchbox, Two smaller than normal Nuka Cola Trucks (From the Sewer countline zone), I THINK a party hat but I may be wrong. but basically, alot of nifty kid related items.

I'm also obsessive of collecting chinese hardware, books, pistols, rifles, suits, you name it and I keep it X_X

@6th- Oh god mutilated parts, thats so gross gonk  

Ser Martyr

Super Streaker

9,300 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Super Tipsy 200

Roane Farhall

Distinct Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:50 am
Martyr_of_Death
@6th- Oh god mutilated parts, thats so gross gonk

My Tenpenny Suite has a prewar theme. The bathtub is full of mutilated body parts covering the MIRV. (Hey, had to hide it somewhere!)  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:11 pm
My character has this unhealthy obsession with collecting Nuka Colas. Several drawers in my home are filled with Nuka Quantiums (I never touch Quantiums for some odd reason '_' ) and I have the Nuka Cooler machine in my Megaton house. It's currently holding over 60 bottles of the stuff >>

Oh, and he collects every type of clothing in the game and stuffs it in one of the lockers as a memory e_e  

Scars-of-an-Undead

Friendly Camper

XxCrimson_ShinobixX
Vice Captain

Ruthless Hunter

14,475 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:18 pm
Scars-of-an-Undead
My character has this unhealthy obsession with collecting Nuka Colas. Several drawers in my home are filled with Nuka Quantiums (I never touch Quantiums for some odd reason '_' ) and I have the Nuka Cooler machine in my Megaton house. It's currently holding over 60 bottles of the stuff >>

Oh, and he collects every type of clothing in the game and stuffs it in one of the lockers as a memory e_e

I wouldn't touch it either.. It Makes Your Pee Glow  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:14 pm
I collect power armour but not the helmets for some reason lol, the helmets just do not get used. Be it left in the locker or sold to the outcasts,I just do not use it. I also collect weapons,I have 2-3 of everything except for you know the unique ones with their names, you can only have one of those. I have also made and remade many weapons once I collected the upgraded schematics for em.  

johnny blackk
Captain

Succubus_Lady
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:28 pm
That would be my megaton-science house:

Well, I have a well-stocked kitchen with a variety of foods, the shelves are full of things I fight find useful and have a super-sledge propped up against them. Next to the scruffy chair (dogmeant's bed) I have a dog bowl with a brahmin steak in it. Upstairs past the nuka-cola machine is my reading area, every book I didn't need to read sits there, along with a harmonica and some reading glasses (my character is far-sighted, she's useless without them), around the workbench I have a few steam assemblies stood carefully on end, and a bunch of other things strewn over it carefully placed to look like they've just been dumped there. The labratory has a ramen noodles as if I was too busy to eat them and just left them there, my bedroom has three teddy-bears (and also the oasis bear charm), the wasteland survival guide, paradise lost and all sorts of paperwork. As a little oddity, in the kitchen corner by the sink there is a huge pile consisting of every single vault-tec lunchbox I have ever found. My medical shelves have a lot more than they started with, in the same order, and one locker contains unique armours while the other contains unique weapons, stealth boys and excess rare grenades.

If you think that's even remotely obsessive you should have seen the place I took over in fallout 2. One army, fully equipped, plus supplies of everything; when I was finally satisfied the room took 3 minutes to load up!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:22 pm
Succubus_Lady
That would be my megaton-science house:

Well, I have a well-stocked kitchen with a variety of foods, the shelves are full of things I fight find useful and have a super-sledge propped up against them. Next to the scruffy chair (dogmeant's bed) I have a dog bowl with a brahmin steak in it. Upstairs past the nuka-cola machine is my reading area, every book I didn't need to read sits there, along with a harmonica and some reading glasses (my character is far-sighted, she's useless without them), around the workbench I have a few steam assemblies stood carefully on end, and a bunch of other things strewn over it carefully placed to look like they've just been dumped there. The labratory has a ramen noodles as if I was too busy to eat them and just left them there, my bedroom has three teddy-bears (and also the oasis bear charm), the wasteland survival guide, paradise lost and all sorts of paperwork. As a little oddity, in the kitchen corner by the sink there is a huge pile consisting of every single vault-tec lunchbox I have ever found. My medical shelves have a lot more than they started with, in the same order, and one locker contains unique armours while the other contains unique weapons, stealth boys and excess rare grenades.

If you think that's even remotely obsessive you should have seen the place I took over in fallout 2. One army, fully equipped, plus supplies of everything; when I was finally satisfied the room took 3 minutes to load up!

Sounds like my house in Oblivion. I spent hours arranging my wine collection, putting books on the shelves, assembling the closest I could get to a skeleton with the bones you can find, placing food in baskets next to the table, setting up a spare suit of armor, all that good stuff...

I never got THAT much in to Fallout 3 decorating but, as I mentioned above, I tried.  

Roane Farhall

Distinct Hunter

Fallout 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces