Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply ~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~
Which voice actors are better american or japanese?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which do you like better american or japanese
  american
  japanese
  both
View Results

RurouniZakku

Invisible Genius

5,300 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:17 am
Personally i think that both have voices that fit better on certain characters, like I prefer kenshin's voice in the American version better, but I like Misao's voice is better in Japanese  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:06 am
I agree that both have merits, just depending upon the character. Kenshin's voice sounds much more like how I imagine Kenshin to sound in English, as does Kaoru, but I like Sano and Aoshi in Japanese.  

Lady_Hawkmoon93

2,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

RurouniZakku

Invisible Genius

5,300 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:25 am
Lady_Hawkmoon93
I agree that both have merits, just depending upon the character. Kenshin's voice sounds much more like how I imagine Kenshin to sound in English, as does Kaoru, but I like Sano and Aoshi in Japanese.

Same here, I love the voice actors for Rurouni kenshin in english, usually english voice actors are awful in anime. So the voice actors are great here. It's true about about Aoshi to, thought he sounded awful in the english version.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:01 pm
im going to go with Japanese becuase of the way they sound one animie they ruined becuase of the american voices lucky it is in Japanese  

Noah056

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:27 pm
For me, it depends entirely on the character.

Kenshin: Either is fine. At first, I didn't like Mayo Suzukaze because I didn't like the idea of a girl doing a man's voice. I also thought that she made Kenshin's voice too high pitched and squeaky, but that was from seeing all of ten minutes of the anime before switching to the dub version.

I loved Suzukaze's portrayal of Himura Battousai in Tsuiokuhen. So I figured maybe I should give her another chance in the anime and she was actually very good, plus her "oros" are so cute.

d**k Hayworth is also very good in his portrayal of Kensin (except his "oros" suck), but I love how he sounds as Battousai. Very fierce and gutteral.

Kaoru: I can't stand Dorothy Melendrez portrayal of Kaoru. It makes her sound too much like a silly, lovestruck teenagers, which she is, but she is still more mature.

Miki Fujitani, I think does a better job of capturing Kaoru.

Sanosuke: I adore Lex Lang. He is just spot on as our lovable, dimwitted Bird Brain.

Ueda Yuuji similarly does a great job in the Japanese version, so Sano is great all around.

Yahiko: Definitely the Japanese. The English sounds too annoying.

Misao: Japanese. The English voice sounds like finger nails scraping over a chalk board. "C'moooooon, Himura! Tell me about Lord Aoshiiiii!!!!"

Megumi: I love her English voice. It brings out the strength and maturity of her character.

Hiko: The Japanese makes him sound like a wise old master. The English, like an arrogant jerk.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:39 pm
Well, Hiko is an arrogant jerk.  

RurouniZakku

Invisible Genius

5,300 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash