let meh tell you!!(please post!!!)
View Results

natsuki34

5,450 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:09 pm
where can i find a good source for a name for my persona i have a general idea of what it should kinda maybe sorta be like but no reliable sources sweatdrop

How did you guys choose your names?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:50 am
When choosing a name, start first with deciding where you want your persona to live. An Englishwoman's name would be very different from a Russian or Italian woman's name.

Then pick a time period. An 8th-century Norse man's name will be quite different from that of a 15th century Norse man.

Once you decide where and when you want to live, think about other things that matter to you. Do you love names that begin with B? Do you really dislike names that begin with L? Do you want to avoid a really long name? Does the name have to sound good, look good on paper, or is the meaning most important? Do you want to name your persona after someone important in your life, or at least get as close to it as can be done within the linguistic rules of the time and place in which your persona lives? Make a list of everything that's important for you.

Now, to get more information about the names you like, and to learn of other names that might also please you, go to this page and join the group for "SCA Heralds." There's also a Yahoo! Group for SCA Heralds, I believe. The people there are extremely friendly and helpful. I know because I'm one of them. 3nodding They're very good at helping you decide just what you really want, and finding a way to get it in a Period way.  

Divash

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:44 pm
You can also check out the Academy of Saint Gabriel, too, especially if you want a more period name.

I chose my name based on the culture and time period that I wanted to go with, which, in this case, was sixth century Byzantium.

As a herald, I strongly recommend that you don't mix cultures and periods. It gives us headaches, and if you register it, we'll just send it back for you to fix.

If you'd like, I'd be more than willing to sit down with you and work with you on creating your name and persona.

Constantia Kaloethes
Harrier Herald
Calontir  
Newcomers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas