Reverend MacManus
Crew

OG Bibliophile

16,500 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Punk Patrol 250
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:49 pm
Jumping across the ocean to mainland U.S. of A. during the new wave of B.H.M. comes one of the more legendary metal acts in form of Iron Maiden!

This is a thread to discuss and hopefully in good taste compliment, promote or constructively criticize Iron Maiden and their career and/or albums.

Probably my favorite facts of their existence would rest upon Steve Harris being not only a bassist, but also key songwriter and lyricist. He also provided keys on some albums, and is known to also do some all right backing vocals.

Musically I would have to say I'm quite pleased with their melodies and dual guitar harmonies. I'm a huge fan of melodic music, hence my love of classical music and early Apocalyptica works; including their Metallica covers. I must say that Iron Maiden really delivers there in that aspect. Plus now they're up there in rankings with three guitar bands, and they still don't overload or drown out the bass! Good show, jolly good show.

What are your thoughts? Discuss!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:47 am
There is no denying that Iron Maiden are one of the best metal bands in history, but they've gone a bit folky for my liking sweatdrop

Iced Earth's and Cradle of Filth's cover of Hallowed be Thy name though...Hot damn thats good stuff  

VeXeD -0

Other Music [Like other metal bands? Talk about them here!]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff