Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
HELP! Parents took my stuff! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Teh Bloody Princess

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:15 am
Think for yourself man, don't do like they do...

So basically I'm a witch and I had different books on witchcraft hidden around my room and I suppose what you could call a book of shadows with spells that really worked for me. I also had different iteams for spells and my parents ended up going through my enitre room and taking out all my things to do with witchcraft. So now after TEN YEARS of studying in secret-I'm back to square one.

Can you please help me? I need a place to start. I still have links to websites but I never got the chance to get my BOS to be in a folder on my laptop.
I'm so lost right now... I only have two candles left (one blue and one pink).
What they threw out cost me alot of money and study time and now I have no idea how to start over.

...It's a sick world, you just gotta stay true.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:48 am
Despite what I'm going to say, I am sympathetic that you lost all your stuff, it definitely stinks to invest in something and to lose it. However if you have been studying for 10 years, you really shouldn't need us (or anyone) to tell you where to start. These are things that you should know by now. If you were still having to rely that heavily on your books, then maybe it is a good thing that you no longer have them, since it will help you rely more on your own knowledge and skills.

Also, while the "bells and whistles" are nice and all, you don't necessarily need any tools or supplies to do rituals or spell work, for the most part they are just a focus points anyways.  

ncsweet
Crew

Teh Bloody Princess

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:30 am
Think for yourself man, don't do like they do...

I have been studying for that long but have not been practicing and Idk what the best books would be to get for practicing it because most of mine were just about basics and theroies of witchcraft as a religonous/spiritual thing.

...It's a sick world, you just gotta stay true.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:01 pm
It's very difficult to recommend books to someone to help them out when you don't have a clue what kind of beliefs they have. I know my beliefs are sometimes a bit off the wall, I wouldn't expect someone to be able to recommend many books at all for me.
We don't know you, only you know you. You could do what I do and just go to the book store and flip through the books you see that interest you.  

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Sam Oaken Willow 17

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:54 pm
ncsweet
Also, while the "bells and whistles" are nice and all, you don't necessarily need any tools or supplies to do rituals or spell work, for the most part they are just a focus points anyways.

Tools are almost a necessity for Ceremonial Magicians. However, I think those are rare, so you have a point here.

Princess--it sounds like the Gods have given you a wonderful opportunity! It is time for you to grow in a different way--without the books, like has been said. But if you feel the need to have books, may I suggest your local library?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:55 am
Aren't there some books available out there in PDF form?  

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

AkiraHalo

3,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:37 am
oh wow that is suckish, my folks burned this book i had [[teen witch]]
that was 15 bucks.. now im scared to get anymore stuff..and plus i dont know anyplace that sells wicca tools n such..i dont have a card so i cant do it online..arrgh my folks suck!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:57 am
If you have been studying for ten years, you can do it without the books and stuff.

Just relax, everything will be alright.  

pompoennetje

Adalyna

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:57 am
My advice would be to think for yourself: What information is core to your beliefs and practices, and where can you get it back? Also I do really think that sucks that you lost your supplies, but this can also be a great time to think positive and practice not relying on them, then when you have your own space you'll be even more ready to use them.

Some people really need a set up to get into the right state of mind though, I get that, but it's amazing what you can do with things you find, things you make and things you visualize.

Hope I'm helping I'm not exactly a veteran at this myself. Good luck!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:40 am
at this point you may want to get in touch with your spirit guides if you haven't already, they're probably screaming for your attention at this point, the meditation I'm about to tell you about is a simple one I learned in basic army training, go into a medatative state (however you feel comfortable doing so) and picture yourself in a medow clearing, picture the first animal that comes to mind at your feet and follow it into a heavily wooded area, soon you come across a pond, and by the pond, in some fasion should be your guides, they can literally be ANYTHING this means they are not limited to shape and size, ask them a million questions but be respectful, chat with them, see what they have to teach you, and when your done leave the wooded area and go back to the clearing, exit your meditative state, and wala you've met your guides, those who would council you in your most troubling times  

doomtrain91

1,100 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

Scorpy-Sue

Distinct Conversationalist

6,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:32 am
I agree with what everyone else here is saying about your studies, but I also think you need to have a serious talk with your parents. Regardless of your age, if you spent your own money on those things, it's basically stealing what they did to you. You need to tell them that it doesn't matter what your beliefs were, that was a serious breach of trust and boundaries.

If something like that happened to me, I wouldn't speak to my parents for a very long time. But don't be like me. Talk about it, and if they won't listen, then make it clear they have lost your respect (unless they never had it to begin with, then just make it clear that things are staying the way they are). Just because they are your parents doesn't mean what they did was right or just in any way. Going into your room and throwing away your stuff without your permission is wrong, no matter if you're eight or eighteen. They have no right to force any kind of belief system on you; you are your own person and they need to realize that now before they do something else to push you away.

Before you restart your studies, you need to address this issue calmly and maturely with your parents. I'm assuming you're in your late teens, if not older, so I'm thinking you're at an age when you need to start becoming independent of your parents. I'm not saying move out; I'm saying lay down the law of personal space. If you were worried about them finding out about your studies, well, they already found out, so now that it's out in the open, it should be easier to discuss.

If you've already talked to them about it, well, I guess my post is irrelevant. But if you haven't, I suggest you do so to remove this negative burden from your shoulders and clear the air with your parents who very obviously misunderstand your practice.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:37 pm
Remember, you are not at square one. You gained experience and knowledge along the way, as long as you were reading those books you had. Most book stores have books on paganism now, so just look around. As for the tools, it is going to take a long time. E-bay and stuff like that might help a little, but I make no promises. Good luck friend.  

zabazor

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:37 pm
AkiraHalo

Good. That is a terrible book and it is a right and good thing to burn it. wink  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:22 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
AkiraHalo

really why?  

AkiraHalo

3,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:39 pm
AkiraHalo
Sanguina Cruenta
AkiraHalo

really why?

Well, it's full of lies, poor ethics and bad information.  
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff