Welcome to Gaia! ::

The 'Read only manga' guild: Open to all who love manga!

Back to Guilds

The Best manga guild...ever. 

Tags: Manga 

Reply The 'Read only manga' guild.
Why I only read manga

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Syr-Caffeine

3,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:23 pm
I used to be addcted to caffeine pills.

I have been off of them since last march.

Since then my attention span has grown and changed. When I see anime fighting it looks like someone standing still with lines for motion behind them. Also I cannot stand filler. Like in DBZ they would talk and talk and talk about fighting and not really DO anything for 4 shows and then fight for like, half a show. Plus when I am sober I cannot tolerate high pitched ear grating voices.

I like manga better because the art is better, you use more imagination when you read it. You can re-read it over and over. If your power craps out you can just go by a window or something for light, no hooking up the computer for its few hours left of life. Plus you can take it with you, if you are a bus rider or a student with time to kill.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:45 pm
hey buddy, you know apples are better than caffeine?
no, seriously. look it up on some medical website.

and DBZ anime isn't the best thing to be watching anymore. read more Bleach or Eyeshield 21, man.  

CapedNinja

Syr-Caffeine

3,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:17 pm
CapedNinja

and DBZ anime isn't the best thing to be watching anymore. read more Bleach or Eyeshield 21, man.

I actually quit caffeine pills almost a year ago. (in 2 days it will be)

DBZ was bomb back in the day. I tried to watch shows like bleach and deathnote but I find I like the books better, IDK.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:58 pm
concrats ig uess but anyway, i loved dbz. and i read manga because i can catch up faster. i caught up to one piece in like 3 weeks compared to my cousin who took 2 months. but i like watching the fights in manga form and watching the episodes for the fights. i try to make balance.
Syr-Caffeine
CapedNinja

I actually quit caffeine pills almost a year ago. (in 2 days it will be)

DBZ was bomb back in the day. I tried to watch shows like bleach and deathnote but I find I like the books better, IDK.

klado the cookie king

Sharmayne

5,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:00 pm
I find manga more entertaining for the same reasons: can read whenever I want, more to the series (animes can only go o far) and the characters are better portrayed. And manga is cheaper.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:46 am
I love anime and manga, but i have to say that manga is way better then anime, better art, and sometimes in the anime the voices are big Turn offs (especially in the english version of animes).  

Alkaid677

Kamen_R

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 10:07 am
For me, anime and manga are equal...but for some anime like Kekkaishi I like it's manga more....Yeah, just like Alkaid677 said, sometimes, the seiyuu somewhat doesn't go along with the characters....  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:20 pm
Sharmayne
I find manga more entertaining for the same reasons: can read whenever I want, more to the series (animes can only go o far) and the characters are better portrayed. And manga is cheaper.

This pretty much sums up my reasons for liking manga over anime. I do still watch anime but i dont watch it as much as I read manga.  

DevilishMaiden

4,100 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Market Browser 100
The 'Read only manga' guild.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items