Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
Is listening to songs are not allowed in Islam? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TaKeSeY

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:57 pm
is so?

and if yes why??

i do listen to them while studying Algebra, trig or geometry so that i dont get bored  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:09 pm
Yes.

Because Allah says so.

Straight forward as that.  

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

The_Pathan
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:12 am
Nasheeds are not haram. But well, i recommend sillence when doing math... I don't wanna dance, i need to concentrate 3nodding But well pll are diffrent wink  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:05 am
idk what is the harm of that
but when studying maths without listening i get bored and i close that subject  

TaKeSeY

HollywoodNobody

1,150 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:05 am
u can
music is a beautiful allah's creation
if its makes you remember and be thankfull by that...
why not?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:08 am
tassan
Yes.

Because Allah says so.

Straight forward as that.

is it in Qur'An?  

HollywoodNobody

1,150 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

The_Pathan
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:16 am
I haven't read, but people say it is not allowed.

Only songs about Allah(nasheeds)  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:02 am
According to http://www.islamicvoice.com/January2005/QuestionHour-DrZakirNaik/

Prohibition of Musical Instruments
Q. I have a doubt about playing of musical instruments. Is this an act of Satan?
Faiz-ullah-Khan, Jammu and Kashmir.

A. Prohibition of music is recorded in many authentic Ahadith.

Narrated Abu Malik Al-Ashari:

“The Messenger (pbuh) of Allah (SWT) said, “Some people of my Ummah will drink wine, calling it by other than its real name, merriment will be made for them through the playing of musical instruments and the singing of lady singers. Allah will cleave the earth under them and turn others into monkeys and swines. [Ibn Ma’jah Vol.5 Hadith No.4020]

Narrated Abu Amir or Abu Malik Al Ashari that he heard the Prophet saying, “From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful. And there will be some people who will stay near the side of a mountain and in the evening their shepherd will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something, but they will say to him, ‘Return to us tomorrow.’ Allah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and He will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection.” [Sahih Al-Bukhari Vol.7 Hadith No.5590]

However, there are some Ahadith which indicate that it is permissible to beat the ‘daff’ i.e. the tambourine (which is open on one side and covered on the other).

Narrated Urwa on the authority of Aisha

“On the days of Mina, (11th, 12th, and 13th of Dhul-Hijjah) Abu Bakr came to her while two young girls were beating the tambourine (daff) and the Prophet was lying covered with his clothes. Abu Bakr scolded them. The Prophet uncovered his face and said to Abu Bakr, “Leave them, for these days are the days of ‘Id and the days of Mina.” [Sahih Al-Bukhari Vol.2 Hadith No.987]

Narrated Ar Rabi (the daughter of Muawwidh bin Afra): “After the consummation of my marriage, the Prophet came and sat on my bed as far from me as you are sitting now, and our little girls started beating the tambourines (daff) and reciting elegiac verses mourning my father, who had been killed in the battle of Badr. One of them said, ‘Among us is a Prophet who knows what will happen tomorrow.’ On that the Prophet said, ‘Leave this (saying) and keep on saying the verses which you had been saying before.’ [Sahih Al-Bukhari Vol.7 Hadith No.5147]

Therefore from the above evidence it is concluded that the use of musical instruments in general is forbidden in Islam, with the exception of the ‘Daff’.

Music usually intoxicates a person and takes one away from the path of Allah (swt). Music engages a person’s mind and takes him/her away from the remembrance of his/her Creator and from realizing and focusing his/her attention on the purpose of his/her creation. In musical songs, most of the times the listeners even appreciate illogical, incorrect and blasphemous matter and content. A person will realize this when he starts pondering over the meaning of many Hindi and English songs, lyrics and ghazals. Here we find that it is because of music that the person’s mind is intoxicated and the person deviates from the straight path. And Allah Knows the Best.  

xxDash-Shinxx

Magical Elder

11,225 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Overstocked 200

TaKeSeY

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:18 am
first thank you all for replying

Dashin_Sentient
i just listen to them while im doing something i dont get bored but i still pray and worship Allah, is that ok?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:24 am
TaKeSeY
first thank you all for replying

Dashin_Sentient
i just listen to them while im doing something i dont get bored but i still pray and worship Allah, is that ok?

As long the music is not affecting you... But Allah know the best for you...
In my opinion, rather than listening to music. It's better to listen to the recitation of Al_Quran.
Such as this one...
Beautiful Quran recitation in Mosque , Kuwait.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5hjVy90HAM  

xxDash-Shinxx

Magical Elder

11,225 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Overstocked 200

TaKeSeY

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:58 am
i cant listen to quran while im studying O_O  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:04 pm
TaKeSeY
i cant listen to quran while im studying O_O

Why is that?  

xxDash-Shinxx

Magical Elder

11,225 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Overstocked 200

Bharatiyaa_ larki
Crew

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:16 pm
I don't think that it is haram.
If it is then why are there many Muslim artist creating music??
The music is still about Allah so I don't see anything wrong with listening to music.
I have heard this, but I'm not sure if it is true.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:23 am
Bharatiyaa_ larki
I don't think that it is haram.
If it is then why are there many Muslim artist creating music??
The music is still about Allah so I don't see anything wrong with listening to music.
I have heard this, but I'm not sure if it is true.
Music about Allah = not haram.

Other music = haram.  

The_Pathan
Captain

TaKeSeY

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:20 am
i asked my religion teacher he told me that if it encourage me to do something there is nothing wrong at all

Quote:
Why is that?

cuz i all i have to do is to listen to it without doing anything else  
☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out