Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Ultimate Alliance

Back to Guilds

Everyone is welcome here 

Tags: contest, event, gaia, discussion 

Reply Meeko's Guide to Wealth! <3 (Open, but still working on it)
About Hoarding, Vending, and Other Merchant Tips!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady_Meeko123

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:56 am

Hi everyone! Today I'm going to talk about Vending, Hoarding, and other merchant tips in the marketplace. I also threw in a guide to the cash shop.

This is my area of expertise, because this is the stuff I do to make my gold! The stuff in this guide may be considered advanced trading techniques.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:57 am

Vending

So what IS vending? To put it simply, vending is a process in the marketplace in which you buy items for low and sell for high. This is a method I would only recommend for users who

A. Are very experienced with the marketplace
B. Know the average prices for most gaia items.

I'm not going to talk very much about vending because there is an entire guild dedicated to it, but it is a method worth mentioning for sure.

I have found that the more gold you have, the more profit you'll make from vending. As users sell stuff that is worth more and more, the more likely they're going to sell their items for a price worth buying (as a vender). The key of vending is to know general figures about Gaia's 2% sales tax. If you can resell an item for more than what you bought it for, figuring in that tax, you make a profit.

More to be added later

Lady_Meeko123

Lady_Meeko123

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:00 am

Hoarding

This is my method of choice. This works best if you have a lot of gold to start off with or if you have access to gaia cash (see gaia cash below).

Hoarding, like vending, is a process in which you buy low and sell for high, but the results are typically less rapid, but have the potential to bring in much more profit.

Hoarding is pretty simple. You buy items in the hopes that they will inflate. Generally speaking I'm pretty good at telling what will and won't inflate. A hoarder's greatest tool are the charts for items in the marketplace. (I will add pictures later)

If an item is on a nice rising slope, it may be worth investing into. I have bought some items for 200-300k and sold them for 1-2mil a few months later.

If you want to have a bit more challenge, consider investing in evolving items. Some of them (right now it would be Noel's Gift) rise very dramatically in a short period of time. However some of them (like the classilke) flop and sell for very low.

Monthly collectibles have the possibility of inflating, but I haven't seen many recently that would. For MC's I like to buy the sealed envelopes from the marketplace (NOT THE CASH SHOP) for low and then sell them for about 90k on their opening day. Many of the recent MC's drop down to 60k or less after a few months so they really aren't worth the $2.50 you'd pay in the cash shop. (See Cash Shop guide for reasons)

More to be added later

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:01 am

Cash Shop Guide

The cash shop should ONLY be used if you've got a steady income, if you only plan on using it once in a blue moon, or you get a cash card from a nice friend.

The goal of this section is to help you make the most for your dollar. There are a lot of items they put into the cash shop that just aren't worth it, even if you like the item. Why? Because in the marketplace you can sell other items in the cash shop that cost less for more in the marketplace.

A good example of this would be monthly collectibles. Totally not worth it. If done correctly, a good way to measure gaia cash is $10=500-600k. MC's cost $2.50 and typically sell for less than 100k. If you buy 2 for $5.00 you get 200k, buy 4 for $10, you're making 400k. There are items in the cash shop that sell much better than that.

One item that generally gives you at least the same results if not better results would be the aquarium lucky key. These sell for about 40k and cost $1. $10 will give you about 400k. Believe it or not this typically brings in a better profit than MC's.

As a general rule, you SHOULD NOT buy stuff from the cash shop that you intend to keep. 99.9% of the time a cash shop item will deflate.

An exception to that rule would be hoarding certain items and some evolving items that inflated.

The number one item to hoard/sell in the cash shop are the R.I.G.s (Random Item Generator). Think lexbox, trickbox, snow apple, lonely star, etc. These are soooooo hyper inflated it's ridiculous. On the first day of a R.I.G.'s release you can sell a $10 bundle for at least 500k, typically it's closer to 600k. One important thing is to pay attention to how much the individual RIGs are selling for. Sometimes a bundle of 10 sells for less than the total of 10 separate RIGs. Oh, and these sell so fast. If you're selling on the first day, they will be sold within seconds. Very very fast gold.

Now, you can play these items, but I really don't recommend it. Let other people waste their money. Most of the time you'll make a better profit just selling them. Once they get to the final stage (each RIG has a set of stages. The higher the stage the less chance you have of winning/advancing to the next stage) you may get an item that is worth several mil, but the chances are so small it's not really worth it. If you had a good chance of getting those items, the items would not be rare and therefore would not cost so much.

I think I'm going to make a separate guide for evolving items..

Lady_Meeko123

Lady_Meeko123

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:02 am
Reserved  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:53 am
Reserved  

Lady_Meeko123

Lady_Meeko123

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:54 am
Reserved  
Meeko's Guide to Wealth! <3 (Open, but still working on it)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games