Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

<("<) (.".) (>")> (.".) <("<)
  (.".)
View Results

0Moon_Maiden0

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:30 am
Have you been taking part in this years event? I don't really like the whole item and gold giving....except to rid myself of all the blasted skittle items I've collected. Now I'm out of those and other junk. stare But I've been buying cheap 2 gold starter items to 'fuel' the engine.

150 more to go.... burning_eyes

And how about the caroling? Are you liking those items? I noticed they used the old Christmas designs for the shop keepers instead of designing new ones.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:22 am
Um I really really hate this year's Christmas event. Seriously, to me, it's not fun at all and it's a waste of time and gold. I got all achievements but the 250 Gingerbead Men one, and I'm not even going to try. All the item for that is wings. (Pretty cool to me, but not worth it) And I was doing what you did, too. Donating the 2 gold starter items instead of wasting 1k per Gingerbread Men. Although I did donate 10k all together, which was a mistake on my part.
I don't get the items though. They have absolutely nothing to do with Christmas.

I got all the items from carolling, and I must say, I really like them. As you can see, I put 'em to use. I like the green/silver theme. I like also how they didn't use the original red/white theme this year. I think these are really cool and they're my favorite holiday event items on Gaia of all time. Kudos to Gaia for that. The carolling items look better than the actual event items themselves, and I'm glad.

Death Shikaku

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:37 am
Can someone give me a link or make a list of the event items that we'll get? I'm curious to what the prizes are and if it's worth it. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:35 am
Look under the 'recent items' category. All the items from the Christmas event and carolling are there.
The Spirited 2k9 items are from carolling, the other five are from the event. Note: The items from the event have nothing to do with Christmas.

Death Shikaku

xylert

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:40 am
im pissed though.

ive got a nightmare box, which is worth about 112,026g on the marketplace, and if i donate it, i'll only get 5 ******** gingerbread men, 5! whereas if i donate all the gold ive got, i'll get 43

and no, i didnt donate the nightmare box razz  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:00 pm
Meh. I kind of like the return of the Overseer and Sentinel, but I already did everything and it wasn't that fun.

The caroling items are unique this year, though.  

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:06 pm
the christmas manga made me giggle, but as for everything else i'll just buy it on the marketplace. i'm stalking the shopkeeper carolling for the awesome xmas outfit this year biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:29 am
The caroling items this year look awesome.
Gaia gets points for that one.
The event itself is kind of dumb though.
After I run out of items I don't want anymore I was going to do what Moon and Death were doing.
Just buying a ton of the cheap started items to give the thing.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:12 pm
admittedly i'm glad there's an event where i can get rid of my junk in a productive and somewhat interesting way  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:36 pm
Getting rid of my junk was the last thing I was worried about though. I just don't like how the actual event items aren't Christmas-related. And even after people get rid of their junk, they usually probably still need about 100+ Gingerbread Men in order to finish the event and get all achievements. All my junk instantly was about 50 Gingerbread Men. I made the other 50 by donating 10k and 40 items. Oh well, I'm done with the event now.  

Death Shikaku

Arch Angel Neko

Dangerous Tycoon

10,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:37 am
the event is kinda uncool.. lols.. i don't like the idea of wasting my gold and items for cheap ginger bread men .. like whatever.. biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:30 am
Ohhey, the Christmas Event is over.
I was getting kind of sick of the ship so I guess that's good.

One day 'till Christmas gais!  

Zizzykitty
Crew

Death Shikaku

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:07 am
I don't get why it ended on the 23rd, though. But...oh well. I'm glad it's over.

Oh my Jesus. It doesn't even feel like Christmas Eve to me. ;-; All my excitement is gone. Unlike several years before this.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:13 am
I hate this...I'm at work right now. And they're letting us out at 2:00. Oh joy! -_- Why not give us the day off here? All the other people in the building (except 4th floor) got off and they're a part of this company too....
*grumble grumble* I can't concentrate!!! But at least I won't have to really clean up and help in the kitchen. Mom and my sister are doing that at home today. heart

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Death Shikaku

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:06 am
@Moonlight; My Mom gets off at about 2:30 today. Until then, I gotta stay at home and clean up the house and do all the chores while watching my sister. Fun! biggrin

I'm glad though, 'cause this way she can just relax when she gets home. That's good you won't gotta clean up and help, so you can relax for a bit, too.

*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff