Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
hellish nightmare

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

koolaid117

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:17 am
ive had hellish nightmares since i was a child, they always come before something bad happens, ive had one of my grandma before she died, my uncle before he died, and my dad before he left. sombody i know told me ive seen the gates of hell throught these dreams, and that i have dark powers

in my dream, it was in a familar place, it hasnt rained in weeks, but there was a very reflective puddle on the ground, almost like a mirrior. the victim in my dream would step in the puddle and fall deep into a watery apocalyptic world, the water was warm and comforting, u could breath in it, it was tinted red, no source of light, yet u could clearly see, no sky only darkness, a few building scattered very loosely in all direction, none of them are damaged, but they are all leaning, and the entire space had an evil malice all around.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:03 am
I realize too that a lot will depend on your own personal beliefs/traditions, but for the average neo-pagan, death isn't something to be feared, it is simply another point on the cycle of birth - life - death - rebirth. While it is painful to loose a loved one, unless they died in a traumatic way, it shouldn't necessarily be seen as "something bad".

Also, "Hell" is a Christian concept, while it is acknowledged within Wicca (in that you are "cursed to the Hell of the Christians" if you break your oaths), it's not something that is central to any particular Pagan (neo, eclectic or otherwise) myths/lore, so certainly not something one needs to worry about.

As to "dark powers" - what does that mean exactly. Almost everything that we do comes down to intent, so unless you have malicious intent in whatever it is you are doing, there really is no such thing.

Sometimes a nightmare is just a nightmare. Dream interpretation is usually best done by the person who is having the dream, as only they know what each thing means to them. Personally though, if you are worrying that much about "hell", sounds like you are still conflicted about your path, and what others that aren't as accepting might be saying about it.  

ncsweet
Crew

violentraine

IRL Bloodsucker

7,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:35 pm
And I can't make it on my own!

That is strange. I might have to look into it.

Because my heart is in Ohio! heart

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:27 pm
Ooh! I love working with dreams. I find it helpful to keep a dream diary and to look up my dream symbols, but the place you're talking about goes beyond basic dreams and their symbols' meanings. If I were you, I wouldn't look at my dreams as a curse, but a blessing. Your subconscious is warning and preparing you for what is to come.

If you ever need any help, feel free to PM me.  

Sam Oaken Willow 17

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games