Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
An important question for all you college types...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Davin_Nightwind

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:54 pm
Ok, so, as some of you may know, I'm currently in the process of applying to the Art Institute of Houston. Now, here's the question...They don't have you talk to the financial aid folks and do the FAFSA forms until after you've been accepted, right? They've also had me do my GI Bill paperwork, which I'm assuming that they wouldn't have me do until I've been accepted...

So, basically, what I'm asking here is, is my excitement on starting January 11th justified?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:28 pm
They sure are taking a long time to get back to you on your application. o_o I applied in November for the Fall 2008 Semester, and didn't get a letter (more like foot long packet) of acceptance until March.  

Mand3r

Cluttered Animal

Davin_Nightwind

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:35 pm
See, that's the interesting thing...I went down there last Tuesday for the interview and such, and the lady that I was talking to gave me all the paperwork and such. Then, the next day, I get an e-mail from one of their financial aid folks with links to the FAFSA site and everything. You know, all that fun, migrine inducing paperwork that you need to fill out for financial aid. She also told me what I'd need to do for my GI Bill, and when I went yesterday, I handed all that stuff in.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:44 pm
I had to fill that stuff in AFTER I was accepted to see if my family qualified for the rebates/money/loans/etc.

Weird  

Mand3r

Cluttered Animal

Davin_Nightwind

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:46 pm
I know, right? That's why I'm somewhat confused about everything right now. Psyched, but confused XD  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:56 pm
I say hold your excitement until you get the "Welcome to college" packet.  

Mand3r

Cluttered Animal

Davin_Nightwind

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:01 pm
Yeah, that's kinda what I'm thinking.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:47 pm
More like "Welcome to being in debt paying off a pretty piece of peper for the next twenty years, more commonly known as college" packet.  

Mand3r

Cluttered Animal

Davin_Nightwind

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:50 pm
*rubs the back of his neck* Actually, I won't be in debt at all, what with the Post 9/11 GI Bill that I get for being in the Air Force. It pays out depending on the state you live in, and, in Texas, that's really high, thanks to Rice University and a couple of other expensive schools. My tuition's covered, as well as all the other fun stuff.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:23 pm
Davin_Nightwind
I know, right? That's why I'm somewhat confused about everything right now. Psyched, but confused XD

it should all be done b4 you are accepted cause your fafsa goes for every college not just that one. idk about your gi bill tho.  

Aijo_Iceblood

Jungle Boots

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:39 pm
it was a while ago, but when i applied to my school i dont remember filling out any financial aid stuff untill after i got accepted. I mean i filled out some paperwork involving how much i could afford out of pocket and such.

they ussually dont have you do financial aid untill after being accepted because in the acception process the school figures out how much scholarship money they provide for you, what kinds of grants they have for you, this that and the other thing. So to have you file for financial aid before you even know how much the school is asking you to pay of your tutition is kind of odd. then again if you applied late, as in the last few months to start school in the spring semester of 2010 they might be having you do your financial aid early so you have it in time when tuition is due.  
Adult Furries Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games