Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you guys like your gifts?
  Yuh
  Nah
View Results

Flyentologist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:38 pm
Well, I know some people get their gifts today, so I thought I'd just let people share their gift, stocking stuffer, and lump of coal experiences this holiday season.

I got the rest of the Futurama season dvds that I was missing. :B

Hey guys, pardon my ignorance, but I was just a wee tad curious, does Kwanzaa celebrators participate in gift giving?

Edit: Oh, how rude of me. Merry Christmas you guys. Thanks for giving me a reason to stick around Gaia.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:53 pm
Nice!

I don't recieve my gifts on Christmas Eve, considering I have a little sister that still believes. I always know what I'm getting, though. My Mom tells me, 'cause...it's usually what I want. (I sound pretty greedy, don't I?)

Merry Christmas to you, too!
Happy Holidays to everyone else. ;D

Death Shikaku

Flyentologist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:55 pm
Hah, I tend to know what I'mma get too. My mother pretty much told me that I was getting Bose earphones. Low and behold, here I am on my iPod listening to music with Bose.

My mother's also just really bad at keeping a good surprise.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:07 pm
I know how that is. Last year, I even had to help bring something into the house (my sister's present, a large kitchen set...thing) at about 1 A.M. My sister wakes up every Christmas at 1 A.M. and sneaks out to open presents. I find it hilarious. 'o.o  

Death Shikaku

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:34 pm
I got yelled at by my mom :[

Actually, we don't open presents on Christmas Eve in my house.
It's not because we've got someone who still believes in Santa, it's just we've always done it Christmas Day
Usually after dinner since we have to wait for everyone to show up and they come for dinner.
I honestly have no idea what I got.

Merry Christmas to you too, Goldman.
I must agree, I was telling Death I would have left long ago if not for this guild.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:40 pm
Yeah. ^_^ Everyone comes over here at christmas eve *family have yet to arrive*. Then we stay up and open the gifts at 12...or 1 am. I think it's 12am.  

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Death Shikaku

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:17 pm
My Mom's side of the family usually goes to our Grandma and Grandpa's house on Christmas Even, but for the past two years, we've been going on Christmas Day. I think one of my cousin's parents lets them open their presents on Christmas Eve (near 12 AM), but they usually fall asleep or just wanna wait 'til Christmas Day to open their gifts.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:59 pm
Members of my family open their gifts on Christmas day. There's no Santa thing going on; it's probably a mix of tradition and the fact that opening on Christmas Eve removes one of the things to do on Christmas Day.

I also refrain from opening gifts I receive before Christmas.  

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Andy _1134

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:10 am
Well Merry Christmas, Me and my sibs were allowed to open our gifts at 12 surprised o Am on christmas, it was fun.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:32 am
Merry Christmas!

We usually get our gifts on Christmas day.
One xmas eve night we get a little 'stockoing' sack of little gifts. it used ot be what 'father christmas' delivered to keep up occupied as kids when we inevitably woke up at 3 in the morning all excited on xmas morning.
We still get it cos it's tradition. My sister, bless her, still can't go to sleep if she knows the sack is there/coming. So this year we got given it before we went to bed, then at 1am we met together and opened 'em before going to sleep.

then on christmas morning we sit at the bottom of mum and dad's bed and swap and open presents biggrin  

dragontamer363
Crew

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:19 pm
Merry Christmas!

I received:
-Mario and Luigi: Bowser's inside Story
-New Super Mario Bros. Wii
-A wired 360 controller
-A Three Stooges calender
-An apron that says "OMG WTF BBQ" (along with some magnetic vases that were accidentally sent instead)
-Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper
-A future visit to the theater to see Sherlock Holmes

On Gaia, I got:
-A Moon Lantern
-A WTF Hat  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:16 am
Merry (late) Christmas. sweatdrop

On Gaia I got a Frigid Night Jewel. (Yay, currently wearing it now)

In real life:
- PSPgo.
- Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories.
- $120. (Wasn't expecting that at all...)

Death Shikaku

Arch Angel Neko

Dangerous Tycoon

10,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:25 am
here in our country.. December is an everyday Christmas season.. firewokrs. parties.. food .. gifts.. damn so many you name it! biggrin ahaah  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:14 am
whee we got the ps3 at xmas, which was a surpise since i thought we had to wait biggrin
we got uncharted 2 and call of duty 2 with ut.
today we got our xmas money together (me and mys ister) and bought another console, little big planet, a great dirt-car racing game, tony hawk's proving ground and assassin's creed.
plus i got the ministry of sound cd:'anthems: electronic 80s' which is awesome.
also got a book stand (since i always have to read and type for uni), some hand cream and a big postcard set of marvel comic book cover designs.
oh and as a joke presnet mum got me and my sister a coule of little lego vehicle-kits. I love my little steamroller! XD
makes me feel like a big kid

and xmas dinner was lovely biggrin
(we're still easting it)
(even though the wine i chose truned out to be dodgy tasting)
(so i had cider instead wink )
(and we watched the 1st part of the dr who xmas special)
(then teh Michael macintyre stand up comedy dvd we bought for grandad)  

dragontamer363
Crew

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:18 pm
We ended up opening our gifts pretty late yesterday since We ate dinner first and my step-dad was watching a basketball game.

I got:
Nightlight: A Parody
(Twilight Parody, hilarious)
$30 Target giftcard
(Already spend on Landon Pigg's CD "The Boy Who Never", Trans-Siberian Orchestra's "Night Castle", Hot Cheetos and sunflower seeds)
$50 Borders giftcard
(Already spent on "Furr" by Blitzen Trapper, "Law of the Playground" by The Boy Least Likely To, "Frans Ferdinand" by Franz Ferdinand and a random young adult book that I already forgot the title of.)
Two iTunes giftcards equaling $25 total
160G iPod
(I didn't even know they made them that big, I was gunning for 30G but this is amazing)
$50 cash

I have so many CDs to put on my computer now xD  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas