Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:25 pm
I got a jury summons for Christmas, yay! gonk
Just had to laugh at the crappy timing xd
I don't have to go until the end of January, but it was like: "Christmas card... christmas card... bill... christmas card... jury duty... wtf? D:< "

So, what's the worst thing you ever got for Christmas/Hanukkah/etc..?
The best thing you ever got?
Weirdest thing?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:59 am
Karma v2
I don't have to go until the end of January, but it was like: "Christmas card... christmas card... bill... christmas card... jury duty... wtf? D:< "

Weirdest thing?

Hate to tell you this, but if you had gotten that summons about a month earlier you probably wouldn't have to serve. I got one in November and since judges and lawyers don't like trials around Christmas, I got out of it. Good luck to you!  

Kinnei

5,650 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Informer 100
  • Befriended 100

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:24 pm
Kinnei
Karma v2

Weirdest thing?

Hate to tell you this, but if you had gotten that summons about a month earlier you probably wouldn't have to serve. I got one in November and since judges and lawyers don't like trials around Christmas, I got out of it. Good luck to you!

That wasn't supposed to cheer me up, was it? gonk xd
I managed to get out of it last time, I wonder if I can get lucky twice.

I really don't get why they force people to serve on a jury when they clearly don't want to be there. I know I wouldn't want a bunch of pissed off people deciding the fate of my trial DD: They might all just vote guilty out of spite.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:36 am
User Image
My mom's got jury duty next week. XD

The worst thing I ever got for Christmas was a virtual helmet because I never got to even put it on.
My parents and cousins all tried it out because apparently it was broken, and they put it in the box to send back before I could even try it. ; 3;
It was MY gift!
And the best one I would have ever gotten if I got to keep it. D<

Tamei Dukes

O.G. Dabbler

11,225 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:16 pm
@T_mama: Awhh, that sucks D: They couldn't just trade it for one that works? I've never tried a VR helmet before. Now I want to XD

I stand corrected. I got something worse than jury duty for Christmas. My Gram bought snuggies for everyone this year X'D It's ugly as hell, but I couldn't tell her that. I'll re-gift it to some unsuspecting victim next year...  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:49 pm
Karma v2
@T_mama: Awhh, that sucks D: They couldn't just trade it for one that works? I've never tried a VR helmet before. Now I want to XD

I stand corrected. I got something worse than jury duty for Christmas. My Gram bought snuggies for everyone this year X'D It's ugly as hell, but I couldn't tell her that. I'll re-gift it to some unsuspecting victim next year...

Yeah...hopefully she didn't buy Snuggies for any dogs your family may have too. Honestly, it's like the manufacturers of the Snuggie thought, "Dogs have fur...but, I know, we'll make a blanket that it can wear and pee and poop on!!!"  

Kinnei

5,650 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Informer 100
  • Befriended 100

sometimesalways

Vice Captain

fxxkin demon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:09 am
Karma v2

My sister bought me a leopard print snuggie for my birthday. xp Not sure why either. I already have a bathrobe. I don't need a backward one.

Other than the snuggie there was only one other time I was disappointed with. It wasn't just one gift either. My mother who is usually very good at gift giving seemed to miss the mark one year when I was in middle school. The clothes she had gotten didn't fit right. I had asked for my own copy of a computer game that I had borrowed and she bought me the expansion pack. My sisters had all gotten what they wanted. It seemed she only had a vague idea of what I wanted. neutral  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:16 am
Kinnei
Karma v2

Yeah...hopefully she didn't buy Snuggies for any dogs your family may have too. Honestly, it's like the manufacturers of the Snuggie thought, "Dogs have fur...but, I know, we'll make a blanket that it can wear and pee and poop on!!!"

XDD
No, Maggie is a golden, she'd roast, and Pepper is too tiny and crazy for one.
Yeah, some companies really don't think when they make these things. And some owners don't think when they actually buy them D:
It might work for a really geriatric dog that gets cold easily and doesn't move around much.  

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200

Razin Frostdrake
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:16 am
Kinnei
Karma v2

if you're far enough north such as faerdra, your pets require an additional coat and shoes to go outside. she lives in an area that for atleast a month doesn't even see the sun. so it gets cold and can't rise it's temp up due to lack of sunlight.

though most people do get those things for thier own amusement, but the fact they do serve a purpose in some places is also true.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:03 pm
Karma v2

User Image

Apparently they forgot about me and kept the refund money. ; 3;

Snuggies are such a waste of money and they are just even more ridiculous when they made the ones for your dog. D<

Tamei Dukes

O.G. Dabbler

11,225 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:46 pm
[T_mama]
Karma v2

User Image

Apparently they forgot about me and kept the refund money. ; 3;

Snuggies are such a waste of money and they are just even more ridiculous when they made the ones for your dog. D<

That's... so... wrong >.< You should tell they they owe you a new present :'D
And get this, it's leopard print. What made her think I would want a snuggie much less a leopard print one, I'll never know xd

@Raz: Hey! What rock have you been hiding under this whole time? xd
I'd think if you were in an area that you'd need to clothe your dog, a snuggie is the last thing you'd put on them confused It would soak up all the water from both snow and rain.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:51 am
User Image
OMG THATS THE WORST ONE!
They ran out of blue? XD

Tamei Dukes

O.G. Dabbler

11,225 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100

sometimesalways

Vice Captain

fxxkin demon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:05 am
[T_mama]
User Image
OMG THATS THE WORST ONE!
They ran out of blue? XD

Leopard is icky and I am not sure the fabric they used can be called fleece its really chintzy and thin.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:12 pm
@T_mama: I guess -_-; or maybe she's getting a little senile. I'll have to ask my cousins if they got one for Christmas and what colors xd

@Sometimes: I think they're more for novelty than for actually being functional =/

What I wanna know is, what's wrong with a bathrobe if you want something blanket-like with sleeves?  

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200

Salmay
Captain
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:23 pm
Karma v2
@T_mama: I guess -_-; or maybe she's getting a little senile. I'll have to ask my cousins if they got one for Christmas and what colors xd

@Sometimes: I think they're more for novelty than for actually being functional =/

What I wanna know is, what's wrong with a bathrobe if you want something blanket-like with sleeves?

I've been wondering the point of snuggies since they came out! I have a perfectly nice polarfleece robe when I am cold.

I had jury duty last summer. We only got called in once and just watched a video and then the trials didn't happen.  
Gaiaholics Anonymous

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff