Vice Captain

Ruthless Hunter

14,475 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:46 am
What's Up Wastelanders?

Just read this on the GI magazine, and I think that it would be useful for some people.

"The legal wrangling between Bethesda Softworks and Interplay over the Fallout franchise continues. Recently, former Fallout rights holder Interplay released some concept art for the Fallout MMORPG it is allegedly working on in order to prove to Bethesda that Interplay isn't in breach of conract (in which case the rights for a Fallout MMORPG would revert to Bethesda). While no one wants to wish for someone else's failure, we're sure there are a lot of people who'd rather Interplay get out of the way so Bethesda could make a Fallout MMORPG itself."

I completely agree. Interplay should leave the MMORPG to Bethesda Softworks. What do you wastelanders think?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:20 pm
I don't really see how this case is still going on. I'm not 100% on the lega details of this trial, but if Interplay sold the Fallout rights to Bethesda, then they shouldn't be working on another Fallout game.

As for a Fallout mmo, if Bethesda gets it, they need to put it way on the backburner. A Fallout mmo would be nice, but they have other franchises *cough cough elder scrolls cough* that they should be giving a little love too.  

Haratio TaFotter
Crew

Ser Martyr

Super Streaker

9,300 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:21 pm
Not to sound bashing, but I think Interplay is pulling concept art out their a** just so they can delay production, granted an MMORPG takes a while, but I think Interplay is just holding on to its former child and doesnt want to let go.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:46 pm
Martyr_of_Death
I think Interplay is just holding on to its former child and doesnt want to let go.

You see, this is what I see a lot of people saying, but if they wanted to keep making Fallout games, they shouldn't have sold the rights to Microsoft. Its too late to get nostalgic.  

Haratio TaFotter
Crew

Assassin Alex18

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:04 pm
Haratio TaFotter
Martyr_of_Death
I think Interplay is just holding on to its former child and doesnt want to let go.

You see, this is what I see a lot of people saying, but if they wanted to keep making Fallout games, they shouldn't have sold the rights to Microsoft. Its too late to get nostalgic.

Microsoft? :S If Fallout 3 is on the ps3 there's no way in hell Microsoft has any say in fallout games.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:31 pm
A Fallout MMORPG is a good idea. But if Interplay has sold it's rights how is it that you can buy and download the first two Fallout games from their website? Bethsada picked up the baton rather late in the game. If they truly wanted the whole Fallout Franchise they'd have started right from the start. I haven't seen Fallout 1 nor 2 yet. Also what about Fallout Brotherhood of Steel? That's for PS2. I liked FBOS because in that game you can play as a ghoul. Can you do that in F3 or New Vegas?
That's something that the companies should be looking into.  

Edwind Ravenlock

Haratio TaFotter
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:41 pm
Assassin Alex18
Haratio TaFotter
Martyr_of_Death

Microsoft? :S If Fallout 3 is on the ps3 there's no way in hell Microsoft has any say in fallout games.

Sorry, I don't know what I was thinking when I typed that. I'm sure I meant Bethesda at the time.  
Enclave/Galaxy News Radio (News)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games