Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jiike

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:40 am
I'm just wondering what people think about Harvest Moon Animal Parade

It's not yet been released in Europe gonk

Im think of buying Harvest Moon Tree of Tranquility, but I heard some improvements has been made on Animal Parade

Is Animal Parade worth waiting for or should I buy Harvest Moon Tree of Tranquility? confused confused  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:22 pm
Personally I like Tree of tranquility more, but Animal parade is good to but most of your money comes from plants

Reason- plant seeds are bought for like 30g and sell for like 170 (This amount is based off turnips)

Basically you get mad amounts of money from plants and nothing else which think is retarded(Animal parade). I say get Tree of Tranquility in my opinion.

Kenshi13

Lonely Survivor

8,750 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

RogueMumei

Friendly Conventioneer

8,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:15 pm
I'm going to have to say the opposite~! Go for Animal Parade! biggrin

Reasons: There's only one glitch reported which can only occur with wifi. Tree of Tranquility had SO many glitches. Animal Parade has more crops, pets, and better music and festivals. Plus there's more features. (I made a thread with a post that has the new features here. I hope it helps~)
And to counter Kenshin's point, I'm going to point out that you can still make money with animals and that you can actually make a lot of money by mining rather than with crops. I'm actually surprised he didn't mention anything else... (Last I heard he didn't like the camera angels. 4laugh )

I'd only recommend Tree of Tranquility over Animal Parade if you're broke or just cheap. 3nodding

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:17 pm
Mumei the Rogue
I'm going to have to say the opposite~! Go for Animal Parade! biggrin

Reasons: There's only one glitch reported which can only occur with wifi. Tree of Tranquility had SO many glitches. Animal Parade has more crops, pets, and better music and festivals. Plus there's more features. (I made a thread with a post that has the new features here. I hope it helps~)
And to counter Kenshin's point, I'm going to point out that you can still make money with animals and that you can actually make a lot of money by mining rather than with crops. I'm actually surprised he didn't mention anything else... (Last I heard he didn't like the camera angels. 4laugh )

I'd only recommend Tree of Tranquility over Animal Parade if you're broke or just cheap. 3nodding

I know the animals are good at making money but fish/mining are useless
and when you mine in animal parade its hard to get metal to use for your tools or at least for me most of it turns to scrap metal in my case.

And yeah the camera angels were annoying but i'm used to it know xd

Also yeah If you don't have money get Tree of Tranquility but if you do you might as well get Animal parade

(I still like Tree of Tranquility maybe cause I'm attached to it Mumei xD)
(And what glitches are in Tree of Tranquility, never heard of any?)

Kenshi13

Lonely Survivor

8,750 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Jiike

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:38 am
I think I'll just wait for Animal Parade

Thanks guys! wink  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:21 pm
Kenshi13
I know the animals are good at making money but fish/mining are useless
and when you mine in animal parade its hard to get metal to use for your tools or at least for me most of it turns to scrap metal in my case.

And yeah the camera angels were annoying but i'm used to it know xd

Also yeah If you don't have money get Tree of Tranquility but if you do you might as well get Animal parade

(I still like Tree of Tranquility maybe cause I'm attached to it Mumei xD)
(And what glitches are in Tree of Tranquility, never heard of any?)

No prob! I'm glad we were able to aid you in your decision making~! :3

I'm probably not attatched to it so much because I had already heard of them making AP when ToT came out in the US.

Oh god the glitches in HM games!! @_@; ToT wasn't TOO bad. The biggest one was the Calvin glitch. (But since you're a guy, I guess you haven't heard of that one.) You couldn't get at least four hearts with him or else you'd be stuck forever in the mines! XDDD There were also huge lags when you did certain things. Um, Hamilton would float in his chair sometimes (hilarious!). Most of the glitches were non-harming (unlike most HM games XD). With some games, you couldn't talk to people before giving them a birthday present or else you wouldn't get the extra points from the present. Those are just some examples. ^^

RogueMumei

Friendly Conventioneer

8,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Timid 100

Simply Peggy

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:56 pm
Personaly I love Animal Parade! Its amazing! It has circus animals that if you help them they can instantly teleport you to where you want to go and it saves you time! But making friends with the people is hard for me. I like just farming crops on Animal Parade because its a little bit easier. Although I dont like the tornados that come through and destroy my 200 dollar crops. Thats extremely irritating. Also I dont like how far you have to run to get places. I like spend 2 minutes trying to get to town from my house.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:38 pm
Simply Peggy
Personaly I love Animal Parade! Its amazing! It has circus animals that if you help them they can instantly teleport you to where you want to go and it saves you time! But making friends with the people is hard for me. I like just farming crops on Animal Parade because its a little bit easier. Although I dont like the tornados that come through and destroy my 200 dollar crops. Thats extremely irritating. Also I dont like how far you have to run to get places. I like spend 2 minutes trying to get to town from my house.

Yay AP~! heart

But tornado's exist in most HM games! sweatdrop I'm just glad that this one lets you go outside during one! 3nodding

RogueMumei

Friendly Conventioneer

8,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Timid 100

Xx-Jaded_Onyx-xX

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:01 am
An hour in AP takes three minutes real world. I got the game for a present for Christmas (Frustrating how I had to wait that long. My mother wouldn't allow a game disturbing my studies -pouts-) And it only took me a season to ring 3 bells.

I thought that you were supposed to meet Gill after the yellow bell is rung... Guess what? I found his father's booty in a chimney instead. (And here I was with a camera... Lol) Then, I go and find out that it's after the green bell. Pooey. Stupid cornmeal. Not sold during summer unless the farm is updated to level two. I'm going to try to buy the summer mixed seeds... I hope I receive the corn...

Anywhoo!

Tree of Tranquility or Animal Parade?

Well, if your reaaaaally desperate for the game, get ToT.

Animal Parade if you want Tree of Tranquility features plus.

The main part of the game is kindaish the same, except rainbows... bells...

My brother started playing the game. I could never get him to play ToT because I said the word "rainbows." Ha

[What I love about AP]~

~Camera

~Two kids (Which have the color of your marriage partner's hair and eyes [Oh gosh, I was sooo happy! Ya know. Two kids, both gender. AND finally different colors other than brown. (Don't get me wrong, totally love brown eyes, but seriously? Did every HM game kid have double brown?) So... if you married Candace, your kid's hair is gonna be a darker shade of blue. (I love Luke and Selena's child. Adorable.) Luna's kid's hair is pink. No matter the gender. Luna's (Girl), Toby, Luke, Chase's kids are so cute!] But that's only my opinion.

~As said before, you could ride circus animals, but you could also ride your sheep, cow and, like before, your horse and ostrich.

~Dates are better (Not all at the same location. In ToT they were all at the Inn.)

Ooops I just realized that you said you were going to wait for AP.

I'll stop then. (Sorry, I'm ill... couldn't play the game. Was in bed; forced to hear my brother loving my Christmas present xD)

Finally allowed out of bed for a little. Heh.

Here --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCNEuS1uGHE

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:58 am
LOL!! Guess one of the people you married was Gil, eh? XD
That's a great story! Lol!
Thanks for reiterating for the cause! >:3

RogueMumei

Friendly Conventioneer

8,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Timid 100

Simply Peggy

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:38 pm
Xx-Jaded_Onyx-xX
An hour in AP takes three minutes real world. I got the game for a present for Christmas (Frustrating how I had to wait that long. My mother wouldn't allow a game disturbing my studies -pouts-) And it only took me a season to ring 3 bells.

I thought that you were supposed to meet Gill after the yellow bell is rung... Guess what? I found his father's booty in a chimney instead. (And here I was with a camera... Lol) Then, I go and find out that it's after the green bell. Pooey. Stupid cornmeal. Not sold during summer unless the farm is updated to level two. I'm going to try to buy the summer mixed seeds... I hope I receive the corn...

Anywhoo!

Tree of Tranquility or Animal Parade?

Well, if your reaaaaally desperate for the game, get ToT.

Animal Parade if you want Tree of Tranquility features plus.

The main part of the game is kindaish the same, except rainbows... bells...

My brother started playing the game. I could never get him to play ToT because I said the word "rainbows." Ha

[What I love about AP]~

~Camera

~Two kids (Which have the color of your marriage partner's hair and eyes [Oh gosh, I was sooo happy! Ya know. Two kids, both gender. AND finally different colors other than brown. (Don't get me wrong, totally love brown eyes, but seriously? Did every HM game kid have double brown?) So... if you married Candace, your kid's hair is gonna be a darker shade of blue. (I love Luke and Selena's child. Adorable.) Luna's kid's hair is pink. No matter the gender. Luna's (Girl), Toby, Luke, Chase's kids are so cute!] But that's only my opinion.

~As said before, you could ride circus animals, but you could also ride your sheep, cow and, like before, your horse and ostrich.

~Dates are better (Not all at the same location. In ToT they were all at the Inn.)

Ooops I just realized that you said you were going to wait for AP.

I'll stop then. (Sorry, I'm ill... couldn't play the game. Was in bed; forced to hear my brother loving my Christmas present xD)

Finally allowed out of bed for a little. Heh.

Here --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCNEuS1uGHE

Im so sorry! Thats aweful! Your bro enjoying your christmas present! THats horrible! I would be playing that game even if I felt like crap, no matter what anyone says! hahaa! I love that game so much!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:16 pm
It's pretty fun.
There is a lot of improvement. You get to rub everyone to raise up their affections for you, get to ride cows and sheeps instead of buying a horse, more events then Tree of Tranquility, when you whistle your animal automatically come for you, walk with you spouse and pets, get to make your spouse and children help you out with the farm, and it goes on.
I really reccomend you getting it, when it comes out.

The only downfall though, is mining. It's a bit more tedious and when refining there's little percentage that it will actually be refined. Most of the time it will just be scrap metal.  

Gamexrocks

The Harvest Moon Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff