Welcome to Gaia! ::

Arts of the Midnight

Back to Guilds

Where time is not a boundary for dreams. 

Tags: arts, painting, music, movies, randomness 

Reply AM forum
My writing o.o;

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Doctor Killinger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:44 am
Jason: Do you wake up every morning and say, "Today, I'm going to find someone's dream that's come true and put an end to it"?

Oh kind people, of the guild I never visit, I have written something; and for once I'm sharing it with everyone I can.

S O M E T H I N G * P O S I T I V E

Davan: I look at it like this: the holiday season may have a phenomenally high suicide rate, but we can't hope to maintain that level of excellence if everyone doesn't do their part.

I find myself at the deepest depths of something that cannot be named, striving to find inspiration at the bottom of the next bottle, then to my dismay I realized... It wasn't in the bottle- It was on the bottle. Embossed on the label "You are here" of course my eyes had gone blurry so it may have said something all together different, but it was at that moment I knew I was sane; and about three seconds later that I realized I really wasn't.

But who was I to argue with that idiot? What did he/I know? Not much given the situation. Hmm, it's kinda dark, so I opened the curtains... Quickly wishing I hadn't, at least in the dark you can let your imagination mask your surroundings, in the light it's all too clear. Thankfully this wasn't my house... Then I began to wonder who's house it was. My shock settled, it was my brother Frank's, though now I was left to wonder where he was, and where I had been before arriving. Then I got bored and turned on the TV, hmm the blaring voice of a screaming yellow aquatic contraceptive screamed at me with glee putting doubt on the very meaning of my existence with every giggle, it left me no choice but to end it; I was going to hit it with the remote but the channel changed as I fumbled to pick it up.

The tiny black box atop it began to hum as a menu came up. I hit a few buttons and then this dog was talking about his shity novel and that's when I'd had it, foul demons with holes filled with lies was one thing, but I was not about to tolerate smug self-satisfied blathering from a... Whatever the ******** that was. So I kicked the TV and began wondering why I ever reached for the remote.

I stood there staring, making sure it was dead, then went to the fridge, the TV had no meat for me and if it did it'd likely be rotted with its false promises and blank stares, I couldn't take to consume that. As I looked inside the fridge Frank stared back at me, it wasn't him though. It was a very large ham that said "keep frozen till Christmas", I closed the door to read the colander, it said November, kinda, so I assumed Christmas had passed and it was safe to eat. I grabbed it and began to gnaw, but the plastic tasted terrible and the hard meat hurt my teeth; clearly it was spoiled, so I threw it away and walked outside.

The sun was blaring, it didn't like me, maybe I had done something to anger it last night? Obviously not, it wasn't here last night, but maybe I'd left something to offend it. That Gnome standing there looked offensive, clearly they were at war, maybe that gigantic cancerous ball would be kinder to me if I dispatched its foe. so I picked up the mischievous cretin and threw it as far as I could, it shattered a window next door, from the looks of it, it was in a door. I wondered if that was ironic, then realized I was out of it and that the sun seemed all the more angered by what I had done, so I went inside to think about things; clearly no good deed goes unpunished.

I sat back down on the couch hoping the TV had learned its lesson, though it still seemed to be considering its heinous acts, or sleeping, or dead, or... That thought was interrupted as the door slammed open, I had likely no intention of finishing it, but still this was uncalled for. A man in black, or blue, or maybe some shade of indigo screamed at me. I couldn't hear what he was saying over the sound of what I think was him screaming, so I laid down hoping he'd go away.

He came over and bound my hands together and walked me outside, obviously he was friends with the Gnome, clearly they were all against me today, as if I didn't have enough problems to deal with, now I'm being persecuted by this strangely mystical cabal. I decided this world had gone too far for me, but I had no means of escape, so I asked the officer for help, a bit of mercy to end it now, or maybe some idea of how to end it myself; all he said was shut up.

I blacked out and woke up in a white room with no curtains. I sat and stared feeling my head getting clearer. The walls resented me, they were inanimate and I was animate, but I could see it in what I think were their faces. So many eyes all judging me; none the less I stared intently back, could not let them win, could not let them win. They won, my eyes watered and I closed them, I could hear them laughing, then I realized that was a cricket, then began to wonder how it got here and if it'd offer me sage advice. But I couldn't find it, I considered maybe my mind was offering me a shot at absolution only to rip it away and mock me, cold heartless b*****d it was. Could never take a joke either.

Then I wondered why I would need such a thing, then the night came back to me... Frank... I killed him. I came in and when I went to the bathroom to take a piss, I saw him, face wedged in the sink, throat had bled out, so pale. I wasn't there when he died but I was told I was my brother's keeper. Then I realized the TV told me that, I was uplifted to know that I was just remembering one of its careless lies. It wasn't my fault; it was the Gnome's.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:16 pm
wow, that was really good! i think it would b better if you made it longer and slowly drew out the end tho. nice work! owo  

xGaarasLuverx

6,150 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
AM forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items