Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:11 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Talk about a fish out of water. Tawa'di knew when he had drawn his last breath. And somehow, he hadn't died. He had no idea what had happened, but it was quite obvious that he wasn't dead.

He was a cub again.

He still remembered everything about his last life. Is that what it was? Whatever, he remembered everything up until he closed his eyes for the last time and the darkness enveloped him. Now he had no clue about anything.

He picked his way through the Haven, trying to decide if he was somehow dreaming, or if this was somehow attached to his life back home. In either case, the wings attached to his back were no dream. He could feel them more realistically than he could have ever tried imagining.

"What the heck," he grumbled, not quite thrilled with his new situation.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:44 pm
Kilunzi was bored. Well, maybe that wasn't quite the right word. Still, there really wasn't anything for her to do, besides wander around and socialize with the other deities. After all, it wasn't as though she was going to go spend time with the mortals. It got a little tedious sometimes listening to them, especially with her rather unpleasant effect on them. They always got angry about it too, though they usually didn't threaten her. Still, mortals had an annoying tendency to get angry when they started spilling their precious secrets.

So, Kilu was spending her time in the god haven, where she didn't have as much of a negative effect on others. Her curiosity and her nose had led her to the presence of another god and she watched him from a short distance. He was certainly interesting.

He was a young god, no more than a cub, though he didn't seem to act much like a new-born cub. Something was different about this one. Her curiosity overruled her usually guarded nature and Kilunzi went so far as to approach and called out a greeting to the small brown god.

"Hello."

As always, her voice was very soft, though somehow it carried. Kilunzi had never found out for certain what the reason was, but she could never speak in a volume above a murmur. Yelling or screaming were out the question. It was simply impossible physically.

Kilunzi shrugged. No matter. If the little god hadn't heard her, he had to be aware of her presence by now.

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:39 pm
Tawa'di heard the soft call, though in a way it didn't seem soft at all. His ears twitched as he popped his head up, ears swiveling around until he spotted just where the voice had come from. There may have been other gods lingering in the background, but she seemed to be the closest to him, and she was looking in his direction.

"H-hello," he replied, a bit hesitant. It was so odd being near a goddess that he didn't know. Come to think of it, he really only knew one, and she....probably thought he was still dead.

He shivered slightly, recalling his manners as quickly as he could. Wouldn't do any good to embarrass himself already.

"I'm Tawa'di," he said, offering a small little bow. "It's a pleasure to meet you." Her markings reminded him of his people, the Ela'wadiyi, but he kept quiet about that. He knew that they weren't the only ones with tattoos, or even markings like that. It was just a coincidence.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:05 pm
Kilunzi nodded, pleased that the younger god had noticed her presence. She approached him now, sure that she was not going to startle him. She didn't like startling others when she could help it. She had enough of a secretive, mysterious vibe as it was.

The younger male seemed a bit hesitant around her, but that was not unusual. Kilunzi tended to have that effect on others, so she shrugged it off. It was possible that he was also shy.

"Hello Tawa'di, my name is Kilunzi," she said, with a quiet smile. "It is a pleasure to meet you too."

Kilu took a moment to look over the god. Though his coloring was very different, he had similar markings to her own. Very intriguing. She wondered if it meant something to the male, as she could see that he was observing her markings as well.

"Pardon me if I'm a bit forward, but you look a little lost and somewhat confused. Is there something I can help you with?"

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:27 am
"Um, well...." Where did he start? Was he just going to go out and say he died, and somehow awoke to this? It seemed so forward, and almost a little rude. Like, as if he was putting down other gods. What the hell am I doing here kind of attitude.

He paused for a moment, letting his mind filter through all the possibilities. But really, in the end, he didn't quite want to worry about offences and awkwardness. He just wanted to know what had happened to him, and perhaps even why.

"This is the God's Haven...right?" he asked, looking a little troubled as he looked around. "The last thing I remember is black, so I don't...understand..." He furrowed his brows before peeking back up at her with a softer look on his face. "And I most certainly wasn't this tiny."

He was really going to have to get used to being so tiny again.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:08 pm
How intriguing. Kilunzi pondered the young God and his seeming ill-ease with being in the God's Haven. She wondered if . . . no, that couldn't possibly happen.

Could it?

"You have never seen the God's Haven before? Are you new here then? You do seem quite young, though you have memories that would say otherwise. That seems fairly intriguing and rather mysterious," said Kilu, stating the obvious. She meant no harm by it, rather it was a way for her to clarify it in her mind.

"You remember blackness, you say? I wonder if you could have possibly died and have been reborn? I've heard stories of it happening to others, but I didn't quite believe them. Still, it would make sense," she continued. "Do you remember anything else?" she asked, intrigued.

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:44 am
Tawa'di sighed, though he greatly appreciated her thoughts. It was a little nice to air it out, even if he wondered he was breaking some cardinal rule about what your origins were.

"I'm very new here," he commented, a little quietly. He felt a little shy, and a little scared. These emotions probably stemmed from the bit of brain inside of him that screamed child, and so his quick-to-emotions attitude was vastly different from the patient, wise old male he once was.

"I remember everything from my past life," he commented. He gulped, yet continued. "I wasn't a god, I was a mortal."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:43 am
It wasn't easy to surprise Kilunzi. After all, she'd heard the largest variety of admissions from mortals to other gods. This, however, surprised her. Eyes wide, Kilu stared at Tawa'di. She had never heard of this happening before. Yes, many times a god would be reborn, but for a mortal to be reborn as a god? Kilu quickly thought through her stores of memories and found that she'd heard whispers of such a thing happening before, but she'd never met one before now.

Her expression softened at she gazed at Tawa'di with almost a motherly regard. After all, Kilu liked mortals, it was just difficult for her to be around them.

"Well, that certainly is different. I think I've heard of such a thing happening before, but it is very rare. Well, I guess all I can really say is welcome! It is intriguing that you remember everything from your past life. I wonder what circumstances you were under that led to this change."

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:09 am
His brows furrowed, he thought about that for just a moment. It was painful to try and face the reality. He had a second chance at life, but he didn't need a second chance. He hadn't wanted to leave his homeland, but he knew that he couldn't be there for them forever, and one day the children he told old lore to would one day lead their families, their clans, their pride to greater strength. Or had he really all known that?

Everything he thought he had known for certainty had been turned upside down on his head.

"I wish I knew," he said, still feeling a little odd at being so small, and yet his soul didn't feel so young and fresh like it could be.

"I think it's better this way, maybe? It's just...I wonder, if I return to where my homelands were, how would they take it? To bury one you think is dead, only to find that they are alive and well, and even moreso than that?"

He was so confused, and he could still feel a bit of his tongue loosening, things slipping out. He didn't mind, though. It needed to come out, so he could figure out exactly what to do.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:57 pm
Kilunzi eyed Tawa'di quietly. She could tell her presence was starting to have a small effect on him. It wasn't anything like she would have had on a mortal, but since he was so young and so confused, he was opening up to her, probably saying things he didn't mean to say aloud. That was okay though, Kilu wouldn't and couldn't betray anything he said and she was definitely in the mood to try to be helpful today.

"Very interesting. Mortals are so varied in their reactions to different things. I think they would be very surprised, of course, and a number of them might be shocked and wary. However, I think the majority of them would rejoice to see your soul still in tact. After all, don't many mortals wish that they could have had a chance to speak with a loved one just once more before they were gone forever?" said Kilu in a casual manner. She slowly reclined as she spoke, finding a comfortable position. It would help her to think.

"You might want to wait a little while first, so you become accustomed to your new . . . situation, though that is only my suggestion. It sounds like whatever pride you came from was very important to you."

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:29 pm
Tawa'di thought about what she had to say. It wasn't something he had thought about directly, but it did make a little sense. Still...there was a lingering feeling of guilt. He assumed that much of the pride mourned over his death. And to show up...it seemed like they suffered needlessly.

His tail twitched with these thoughts, and his wings suddenly slipped open, startling him. As he jumped he let out a little yelp, surprised at the sudden movement and feeling.

"Oh geez," he grumbled, settling himself back again, flatly embarassed. "I should wait just because I don't know how to handle these wings," he grumbled, but a small smile escape from his mouth.

"I fear returning too soon would give a wrong reaction...though I'm sure there will be a few that would never show joy at me returning." He knew not everyone loved him, and that was fine. As long as they kept the harmony of the pride he had never minded.

"Thank you..." he said, unsure as what else to do.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:58 am
Kilunzi nodded at the wisdom of his choice. She did not blame him in the slightest for wishing to get used to his wings. It was something that every god cub had to go through, but it would be especially confusing for one who was once a mortal. She was oddly touched by the situation of the young god.

"That makes sense. Taking some time is a good choice," she said, returning his smile.

"Well, if you ever need anyone to speak with, please feel free to seek me out. I will be here," said Kilunzi.

She secretly hoped that he might. She didn't have many friends in the God Realms, as she was normally someone to simply confide in. When someone shared a secret with you, especially an embarrassing one, that tended to make things uncomfortable. Kilu was used to it, but it would be nice to have a few friends here and there.

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:01 pm
He still struggled a bit with his wings, but he was adjusting to the motions to fold them neatly along his back. Memorizing the sensation was the toughest part, as thinking of something that was like your forelegs, but on your back was just puzzling.

Feeling content with what he had been able to get done, he glanced back up to the lovely goddess. "I would love to do that," he said with a smile. "A friend is always one I would like to see again." And having friends (that were gods, no less) that accepted what had happened to him pleased him greatly. He felt like maybe he could do this, and it wasn't all over his head.

Hopefully soon he'd find out exactly what happened to him, though.

[IC/OOC] Gods' Haven [IC/OOC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games