Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:02 pm
User Image

Mtima was feeling more social but still wasn't directly seeking out any other deities. She was still readjusting to life and had yet to really feel lonely. She was starting to feel a little bored. Approaching any of the large and intimidating gods she had seen around was out of the question, she was content to explore around the haven by herself. She was wandering near to the gates into the next world, where she was closest to the souls of the recently deceased. She was sitting some ways away, watching and thinking. Her tail swayed and her butterflies flapped their wings idly as they rested near her. She thought she might have spotted Death nearby and that was the only reason she was not going any closer. Whether or not she was sure about it, it was enough to keep her away. Death creeped her out, especially so close to a recent death of her own.

"Hmmm!" she stared idly at the gates. Was there anything she could learn here? Why was she here?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:30 pm
User Image

The weather of the God's Haven was everything he remembered. It had been a while since the ever-youthful faced God of Inspiration touched down on this old and eternal land; and every time he came back, he remembered why he left in the first place.

It always was too quiet, the sound of the souls passing on through the gates into the next world never sang whimsical words or danced beautifully into the unknown futures, their eyes so glassed over and their silence was like nails to rock for the passionate god. But he always found his way back here, on a wingspan that impressed even he - always looking for a soul that resonates with his own.

Taking a few more steps towards the gate that he could never get too close to, it didn't take him a few minutes before he recognized the sound of another beating heart, the rhythm calming him down instantly, one of nature's most inspiring songs. Looking over the droning landscape - his partially covered eyes passing over a wisp of a lioncub, her bright colours contrasting with the dulled terrain. Cocking his head to the side, he took a few daring steps forward - the chiming of metals singing out his arrival before he arrived - and cleared his throat, to use his quiet, and currently raspy voice, hoping it would sing over the mourning souls.

"W.. what brings you here, little cherished miss?"

Wandered

Crew

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
  • Wandering Head-First 500

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:36 pm
Her mind wandered to far from her and she didn't take notice of the nearby god, even when he came closer. It wasn't until he cleared his throat that she snapped out of it, and she jumped up, her wings spreading out and the butterflies around her fluttering away. She looked at the intruder with wide, purple eyes.

"Wh-what? I was just- just watching-"

She blinked, making a face. She couldn't help but stare as she took in his appearance, physical and not. He certainly wasn't scary, inside or out. In fact, he was quite pretty. She didn't know what the funny poky thing by his ear was and she noticed he had biiiiiig wings but he definitely wasn't scary.

"Who're you?" she asked.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:48 pm
He didn't expect the little one's sudden declaration, and with a small little jolt backwards, he himself became spooked, his eyes widened, feathers fluffing up a bit, giving him a softened look. Not the scariest of fight or flight reactions, but it did him very well. Lowering his head, he squinted his eyes closed and exclaimed as well as he could.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I got curiou--" he started, before he heard her more calmed question, looking up through the parting of his streaked bangs. "Ah." He could only finish, before folding his wings against his back in a display of beauty, before lowering his head again.

"S-Salga. Salga Fikiri, but you can just call me Salga." He answered meekly, before continuing. "I'm the God of Inspiration. And yourself, cherished miss?"

Wandered

Crew

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:54 pm
Mtima wrinkled her nose when he introduced himself, mumbling his name after he said it. It was an interesting name. She brightened up, smiling when he finished his introduction. Inspiration, she kind of knew what that meant. At least, she seemed to think she did and he certainly looked right to be happy about it so..!

"I'm Mtima'safi!" she introduced herself, folding her wings again now that she was calm, "I'm the goddess of souls." She added with a grin and a glance past him, back to where she had been staring before. One purple butterfly returned to her and landed in her hair, just above her eyes. She crossed her eyes briefly, trying to get a look, but then shook her head- forcing it to settle in a better place.

"That's what I was watching," she said, looking back at Salga.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:03 pm
"Mtima'safi. A lovely name as it were." he mumbled to himself, getting the feel of the name. Salga took the initiative of the little goddess' declaration to inch a few feet closer to her - his jewelry chiming once more into the air as he moved, the sing almost drowning out the dullness of everything else. His eyes following the small butterflies as they danced around the tiny feline before flopping his larger frame down in a sitting position, wings keeping him warm in such a chilly, dead climate.

Following her range of sight, he came upon the Gate once more, before nodding softly to himself, glancing down at her. "I can understand, then. Being the Goddess of Souls, I would think that it soothes you a little." he murmured, eyes lidded over a little. "I find it slightly droning, myself. . ."

Wandered

Crew

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:11 pm
As his jewelery began to jingle, her eyes looked towards them- focusing mainly on the bangles on his paw. She smiled widely, hopping a couple steps closer to get a better look. She liked gold, and shiny things- and while they were almost dull in color, they were still fascinating. With a thoughtful 'hmm' she looked down at her own paw and wiggled it. She had worn jewels before, she remembered that. She didn't have any now, though.

"I like it," she agreed with his suggestion, looking way up at him now that she was right at his feet, "This is the last place they go, I'm supposed to watch them I think." She nodded.

"What are you supposed to do?" she asked, wondering if there was anything he really had to do with his time. She sat down, sitting way too close to get a good look at him but with her head tilted all the way back nonetheless.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:45 pm
Salga couldn't help but sit there, quizzically watching the souls as they sighed through the gates for a few minutes, trying to understand the feeling that the little one felt as he watched them. But as the time crawled by from under their feet, a nagging feeling came to him, and his silver eyes shot down to where it was coming from, only to be accosted by bright purple orbs watching him in return.

"Well, um." he stammered out, eyebrows raised eye from the sudden goddess-in-his-face. "What am I doing here, you ask? I'm looking for a bit of Inspiration, I suppose." He trailed off a bit, before shrugging it off. "Some days you have go pretty far to get a little inspired."

Wandered

Crew

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:52 pm
She blinked as he stammered at her, watching him and waiting for an answer. She wasn't sure it answered the question she had asked, she wasn't even sure it made sense but at the same time it sounded right. Maybe that was all he was supposed to do, be inspired. It didn't sound very easy and she wasn't entirely sure it sounded like much fun, either.

"Oh! Well, maybe I can help," she offered with a smile, "What do you have to do?" She hopped back up to her feet and backed away so she could see all of him and he could see her better, ready to try whatever he said.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:14 pm
Her enthusiasm was infectious, and within no time, he was smiling again, looking around them with wild abandon. This was a god who was easily swayed by emotion and the flow of conversation. Then it hit him. Lowering his large forebody down so that she had a shorter distance to his youthful face, he looked over her shoulder pointedly, looking at the souls in vain.

"When you're looking at the souls, don't you feel like sometimes, you can feel a story creeping up from the words that they mourn out as they walk to their song's end?" he started, watching one as she hesitated at the door, he leans his head to lay it next to the cub's body. "Like that one. Sometimes I could just watch for hours, piecing together stories from just small little movements. I think she's thinking about her life left behind. Who did she leave? Where is she going? Will her children be fine? So many stories, from one little hesitant pose." pauses for a moment, before looking to the cub. "I am a speaker of tales, and I infuse them in others."

Wandered

Crew

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:37 pm
Mtima blinked, her smile fading as he spoke, explaining what he did. She didn't look sad, though, she was more neutral. She stared off at the souls once again as he picked out a specific one, thinking about it before he got a chance to ask specific questions. She could tell a little bit about her, mainly that she had been good and happy. When Salga began asking questions, her ears turned back and she looked from the soul tot he god beside her. She had never really used anything but her eyes, her special sight. She hadn't been listening to the sounds, she hadn't been thinking about what they left behind. She shivered, thinking about when she had spotted Death in passing.

"She- she was good," she said quietly, looking at Salga, "Does that make it more sad?" The little goddess certainly was looking like it made her more sad. She didn't like thinking about those things.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:10 am
He couldn't help but frown a bit, feeling as if he hit a sour note in the conversation. Lifting his bangled leg up, he lightly dropped it on her head, causing the butterflies to breaking off once more. Rubbing her head softly, the sound of his bangles giving off a muffled song behind her head as he looked at the soul once more. As he did so, the eyes of the passing on creature glanced back at him for a moment before finally working towards making it's last few steps in this realm.

Softening his expression more, he looked down at the child-god once more, nodding a little to himself. "I'm sure she knows that, little one. Along with those she left behind her." he murmured reassuringly. "I'm sure there will be stories about her one day, singing of her praises. She'll always be in the hearts of those who loved her the most. No one ever is gone forever."

Giving one last ruffle of her head fluff, he gave her a reassuring smile, trying to lighten up the mood a little bit. "It's good that you think so hard about these things, though, Mtima."

Wandered

Crew

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:16 pm
Mtima looked sad, even when Salga rubbed her head- very nearly distracting her with the bangles. She did look up at his foot and then over to him as he spoke, but she didn't seem to be in the same mood anymore. He had only asked her about the story of that soul, he hadn't really done anything wrong. She didn't know why it made her so sad. She wanted to be able to tell more about them but only so much was obvious on the surface.

"Mortals' souls are gone forever," she argued automatically, looking back towards the gates and considering everything he said. She made a face, tilting her head and then looking over to Salga again.

"So- so even if her soul is really gone through the gates, it stays in memories?" she asked, wondering if that was what he meant but almost sounding certain. Something about it just sounded right to her, she didn't know why.

"So the memories are the stories you tell?"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:30 pm
Watching the emotions slide across the cub's face like a picture book made the youthful lion flicker his tail, his interest only rising more. But a small part of him felt sad for the little goddess - there was more that met the eye with this one, and it made him feel like wanting to do something to help her.

Shaking his head lightly, his youthful 'mane' dancing off his hidden eye, exposing it to the outside once more before becoming covered partially by blond hair once more. "That's what I like to believe. I've met many a mortal soul who had made a big difference in their surroundings, and history as it were - but without the stories that those who survive them tell, they would just.. cease to be." He murmured, before tilting his head. "The mortals like to believe, that no one is ever dead, until those that succeed them, have forgotten about them."

At the end of his sentence, he glanced down at the young one, eyebrows raised. "But, I do not tell stories. Well. . . I do. But I cannot make them myself. Double-edged sword, my muses are not as loud as those around me, so I walk the grounds of the mortals, bartering a little bit of my power, for the stories they tell. Maybe I can help you find some, yourself. You look like you want to know something."

Wandered

Crew

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:24 pm
"I like that," she said when Salga explained how some mortals viewed death, decidedly liking the idea that you could continue to exist without your soul or your body. She wasn't sure how much she believed it but she definitely liked it.

"You can't make your own stories? Can you talk about things that happened to you before?" she asked, looking both surprised and intrigued at the idea. She could almost relate to that kind of feeling, if he really couldn't. She knew she wasn't remembering some stuff from her previous life but she had no idea what it was.

"You can figure out my story? From- from before?" she asked, not sure if she understood what he asked.

[IC/OOC] Gods' Haven [IC/OOC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff