CapitalistPleb

Thirteenth Capitalist

7,500 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:56 am
the most expensive firearm I want is around 20k  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:00 am
Does it count if it doesn't HAVE a civilian price tag? Pretty sure it's actually impossible to get a Mk. 19, but I'd LOVE one.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

CapitalistPleb

Thirteenth Capitalist

7,500 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:23 am
Fresnel
Does it count if it doesn't HAVE a civilian price tag? Pretty sure it's actually impossible to get a Mk. 19, but I'd LOVE one.

sure why not.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:26 am
Never gunna happen- G36k
Within the realm of realism- I don't know, there are a lot of costly 1911s that I would love to own, so probably one of those.  

OO23OO

yoshiko sama

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:24 pm
For me the Korobov 022 rifle.link
I love this plasic fish gun.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:09 pm
Either the M21 or the SCAR-L. They're around the same price, and the optics I'd put on them would be around the same price, too.

That being said, though, I want the SCAR more.  

Shrantic

Shrantic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:10 pm
yoshiko sama
I wouldn't shoot an experimental bullpup in any caliber exceeding .22lr. >.>  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:31 pm
I want a custom built Fuchs & Szecsei double barrel bolt action rifle. No one will quote a price on this rifle other than to say 'tens of thousands of dollars" to build one to order.

http://www.fuchs-fine-guns.com/  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

Shrantic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:39 pm
Floyd
I want a custom built Fuchs & Szecsei double barrel bolt action rifle. No one will quote a price on this rifle other than to say 'tens of thousands of dollars" to build one to order.

http://www.fuchs-fine-guns.com/
"Our rifles are calibrated to guarantee a shot group within two inches until one hundred meters."

Screw that. An accurate Mosin could probably do better.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:38 pm
REAL PPsH-41.

Can't afford one. Though I COULD afford to feed it if I did have one. I'm contemplating saving up for a semi-auto conversion.
Or an Imbel-built FAL.
It's a war inside my head.  

uryu ishida

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:46 pm
yoshiko sama
For a second I thought you were talking about the Pribor 3B.

Also, add in an M203 and an American 180. Cheapest submachine gun food EVAR.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:48 pm
uryu ishida
REAL PPsH-41.

Can't afford one. Though I COULD afford to feed it if I did have one. I'm contemplating saving up for a semi-auto conversion.
Or an Imbel-built FAL.
You know, if you had absolutely no qualms about ignoring Johnny Law, the PPSh WAS designed to be built entirely by independent machine shops and tractor factories, except for the barrel. And you could easily buy a new barrel for a semi-auto PPSh.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:45 pm
Probably the most expensive, because it doesn't exist, is the "Demon Gun" from the video game Killer7. It has a staggered 12-shot cylinder and fires alternately from a top and bottom barrel.

Would probably have to get a gunsmith to build it up from a S&W 500 frame with a custom-made cylinder and two barrels mounted together. The hammer would have to work something like a two-shot derringer's, I guess.

But the action would be pretty smooth, since the trigger wouldn't have to move the cylinder much in firing. Would be heavy, but that would dampen recoil a lot. Reload time would be slow, but this is more of a "fun gun".

I don't have any pictures of it, but it's shown at 0:25, 0:56, and 1:01 on this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdE_mfTQ2ok

The cylinder release is styled like Ruger does theirs, which would help because their designs have really good cylinder-frame lockup.

That artist has a really annoying voice.

If we're talking guns that actually exist... um... I really don't know. I like some guns that are hard to get or rare, but none are over 2k. Red9 Mauser, Smith & Wesson 686 SSR, FN Five seveN. A genuine Thompson or MP-5K would be super-expensive, especially suppressed. Or a suppressed Ruger Mk. 3.

Don't we have threads like this pretty often?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:53 pm
Fresnel
uryu ishida
REAL PPsH-41.

Or an Imbel-built FAL.
You know, if you had absolutely no qualms about ignoring Johnny Law, the PPSh WAS designed to be built entirely by independent machine shops and tractor factories, except for the barrel. And you could easily buy a new barrel for a semi-auto PPSh.

And then why bother getting in trouble?

They've rebuilt semi-auto and lengthened PPsHs, while earlier models were jam prone they're better now and with a much better looking extension.

Looks more like the shroud is longer than a steel band around the protruding barrel.

Anyway this;

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=152319006

except not a repro.  

OberFeldwebel

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:30 pm
ArmasTermin
Probably the most expensive, because it doesn't exist, is the "Demon Gun" from the video game Killer7. It has a staggered 12-shot cylinder and fires alternately from a top and bottom barrel.

Would probably have to get a gunsmith to build it up from a S&W 500 frame with a custom-made cylinder and two barrels mounted together. The hammer would have to work something like a two-shot derringer's, I guess.

But the action would be pretty smooth, since the trigger wouldn't have to move the cylinder much in firing. Would be heavy, but that would dampen recoil a lot. Reload time would be slow, but this is more of a "fun gun".

I don't have any pictures of it, but it's shown at 0:25, 0:56, and 1:01 on this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdE_mfTQ2ok

The cylinder release is styled like Ruger does theirs, which would help because their designs have really good cylinder-frame lockup.

That artist has a really annoying voice.

If we're talking guns that actually exist... um... I really don't know. I like some guns that are hard to get or rare, but none are over 2k. Red9 Mauser, Smith & Wesson 686 SSR, FN Five seveN. A genuine Thompson or MP-5K would be super-expensive, especially suppressed. Or a suppressed Ruger Mk. 3.

Don't we have threads like this pretty often?
Wait, they made an ANIME for Killer7?  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces