Welcome to Gaia! ::

Geocaching Guild

Back to Guilds

A high tech treasure hunting game using handheld GPS units. 

Tags: geocaching, hiking, camping, treasure, adventure 

Reply Geocaching Guild
Trackables

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cache cache cache
  duck
View Results

7raindrops

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:45 pm
Hey, do you own any trackables??

What kind?
Are they active?
How many?
Are there some that are your favorites?
Have they come back?
Where did they go?
Were you happy with it?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:09 pm
I got about ten geocoins for christmas.

I haven't sent them out yet. I might not send one or two of them out.  

7raindrops

DenvoPryde

3,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:48 am
On my current account I currently have two geocoins out there. One has not moved the other one has moved. Hear is a link to see what the coin looks like
http://www.geocoinstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11&products_id=213  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:55 pm
I have a Travel Bug but it may be missing right now. Someone picked it up to move and then didn't. I'll have to contact that person.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=138674

This is the second time it went missing. Once was in Japan where it was too big to fit in a cache so some doofus left it outside. It fell into a hole under the roots of a tree and was hiding there for a couple years. A nice Japanese guy found it, gave it a bath and sent it on its way again where it got lost in America.  

Esper Ranger
Captain

O.G. Explorer

6,750 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100

7raindrops

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:59 pm
That is a beautiful coin. Wow, I might have to add that to my want list. It's absolutley gorgous.

I think that your Travel Bug is intransit somewhere they said that they were placing it in a different cache wow I can't believe how far it's gone!!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:03 pm
I made contact with the guy and he admits (and apologized) to having completely forgotten about having it. He had a baby shortly after picking the TB up and hadn't been caching since the birth. In fact he hadn't even officially picked it up from the cache yet as far as the website was concerned.

He has now officially logged it and placed it in a new cache so all should be good again as far as that TB is concerned. Hopefully it will make it's way back to Japan soon.

I have another TB that is attached to myself to measure how far I've traveled in my hobby. I used to log it into every cache but have scaled back recently to only count caches that are at least a mile or more apart. So far with several trips to Japan under my belt it is up to over 76,000 miles.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=71268  

Esper Ranger
Captain

O.G. Explorer

6,750 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100

7raindrops

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:59 pm
Wow that's awesome !!! My mom got me a geopatch for the same purpose. haha I think it's a great idea to see where you have been on the map  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:22 am
hmm well i have 2 that i own theres

Conficker thats a necklace with a scroll so people can put there name and well that i will give to the first geocacher to find me then they will do the same [sign it, take it, record it, and pass it on] till i get it back biggrin its like a person to person cache lol

then theres

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1927350
thats my goodluck coin tho i dont think ill ever trade it tho i may if i get a good offer lol

oh and uum am i the duck you want to cache ;p  

WiFiDucky

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

7raindrops

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:58 pm
http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=2318428

this is my coin that I have put in and out of all of the caches I have been to. Also it went to hawaii with my friend and logged my name on the caches he found. Since I just started logging this coin a ton of the cahes for it are all on the same day hahaaha.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:01 am
That coin is awesome looking.  

Esper Ranger
Captain

O.G. Explorer

6,750 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100

7raindrops

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:35 pm
Thank you I love it. I saw it and had to have it. It's just so striking I can't bear to part with it.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:33 pm
Where is the tracking number engraved on that coin? On the edge or hidden in the design?  

Esper Ranger
Captain

O.G. Explorer

6,750 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100

7raindrops

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:53 pm
Its on the edge because the design is so intricate  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:30 pm
Wifiducky i keep forgetting to ask you about your 'person to person' cache. I love that idea, is it a cache or a trackable?

I want to do that also  

7raindrops

WiFiDucky

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:52 pm
7raindrops
Wifiducky i keep forgetting to ask you about your 'person to person' cache. I love that idea, is it a cache or a trackable?

I want to do that also
it was a trackable/cache though i never logged a cache lol but now its the fish  
Geocaching Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games