Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:05 pm
http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/africa/12/08/uganda.anti.gay.bill/index.html

Quote:
The Anti-Homosexuality Bill features several provisions that human rights groups say would spur a witch hunt of homosexuals in the country:

• Gays and lesbians convicted of having gay sex would be sentenced, at minimum, to life in prison

• People who test positive for HIV may be executed

• Homosexuals who have sex with a minor, or engage in homosexual sex more than once, may also receive the death penalty

• The bill forbids the "promotion of homosexuality," which in effect bans organizations working in HIV and AIDS prevention

• Anyone who knows of homosexual activity taking place but does not report it would risk up to three years in prison

Whoo. Such progress in Africa. This country must be the most civilized in the world!

Would it surprise anyone to know some christian evangelicals in California are responsible for this?

Which makes me wonder. Are Muslim dictators running this country, as they do in some other African countries? Military dictators claiming they were hand-chosen by the Christian god?

On my blog, I made a remark that considering how screwed up Africa is, with all the genocide and civil war and military dictators, we ought to just nuke the place and be done with it. It was of course a comment made in jest.

But several of my so-called friends were somewhat upset over the comment. One ranted and raved about how it was "OUR" fault that Africa's like it is. She was referring to the European colonizing of Africa, which I fail to see is MY fault. Yes, my ancestors may or may not have been responsible, but s**t that happened in the distant past cannot be considered my fault or require that I fix the problem.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:21 pm
Lol we caused AIDS to run rampant in Africa?

Hate to inform your friend but it's mostly due to the huge amount of child rape and unprotected sex  

Alektorphobia

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:56 pm
We can't nuke them, they still have precious resources to take.
Let's reinstate colonialism so that the Europeans can invade and civilize them while taking their resources for mass consumption. It's win win!

(As bad as it may sound, some areas would probably benefit to harsh outside military rule.)

Uganda is now on my list of places I plan to never donate to help now. biggrin

(Note: Much of Africa has problems for many reasons, reasons that are too large to really pin the blame on any one group of people. Eastern invaders caused just as much problems as Christian ones, and colonialism didn't help either. More current actions haven't helped them, but neither have their own internal actions either. It's too big of a continent with too many problems to really say one group is responsible.

I will say, however, that it's actions like this which hurt them in the end. The more they act like this, the less people from the outside are going to be willing to help them. China and/or Corporations will just strip them of their resources and leave them in an even worse off position than before. They won't gain much sympathy either, if they act like that...)  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:49 am
Well, I'm not going to Africa anytime soon cool  

iPenguin L

shishigashira

Gallant Knight

10,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:37 pm
well all i can think of is to just say fck you to africa  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:08 pm
Psycho Lee
Quote:
• The bill forbids the "promotion of homosexuality," which in effect bans organizations working in HIV and AIDS prevention
I don't understand how the prevention of AIDS/HIV is related to homosexuality. Anyone can get it from anyone...  

Kaya is here

O.G. Fatcat

Ceymore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:10 am
Africa is a large content with 47 countries and many tribes, the laws in all those countries are not the same. You might look up every countries laws before you judge anyone group of native Africans. Only 20 countries in Africa are concidered all Muslim and under their rule that bit about gay people have always been the law.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:18 am
By the way, I was born in Nigeria Africa. People growing up there have the same desires as anybody anywhere else in the world.  

Ceymore

Jungle Boots

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:00 am
yeah ******** africa... ******** it all... even though this is just Uganda, even though this is just one country ******** THE WHOLE CONTINENT!.

you know even though it is an enormous violation of human rights. even though this is essentially a cultural clensing reflective of the Holocaust. nothing short of genocide.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:54 am
Dirt the meow
Psycho Lee
Quote:
I don't understand how the prevention of AIDS/HIV is related to homosexuality. Anyone can get it from anyone...

This is mostly just ignorance. Poor education on the subject would lead to confusion and mistaken blame, such as in this case.

It should be noted that when the subject of homosexuality was first discussed by the evangelists, they told the people of Uganda that it threatened the structure of a traditional family. Their culture is very family-oriented, so of course their reaction would be strong.

Also, OP, I can't see fault in why your friends would have reacted harshly to your so-called comment of jest. Humor or not, to so casually comment on slaughtering the people of an entire continent if you were already criticizing them.. it makes you sound like another bitter teenager with strong political opinions but not enough maturity to support them.

Parashta

10,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

tikiu1221

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:47 am
well being an atheist is punishable by death as well.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:56 am
being dead is punishable by death :l  

stickfanatic

Fashionable Streaker

5,600 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Gotherine Foxx

Dangerous Genius

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:20 am
Well they havent done any population studdys in the past 30 years because of the steep and quick decline of the poulation ... I's just like hati ...give it time they will all ******** each other out of existance and then the soulth africans will take over.... one thing i should say is buy land now! hati and especialy aftrica have regions where the aids infectiondensety is at or over 98% ...I dont know about youbut Can you say prime realestate?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:09 pm
Mortella
Well they havent done any population studdys in the past 30 years because of the steep and quick decline of the poulation ... I's just like hati ...give it time they will all ******** each other out of existance and then the soulth africans will take over.... one thing i should say is buy land now! hati and especialy aftrica have regions where the aids infectiondensety is at or over 98% ...I dont know about youbut Can you say prime realestate?

hoho, we have a businesswoman here! *winks*
no sex with the natives though!
*wags finger*  

stickfanatic

Fashionable Streaker

5,600 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

tikiu1221

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:16 pm
I don't blame the gay men for the spread of aids I blame the french..it was a french male flight attendant who brought it amarica who just happend to be gay.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff