how do you feel about ff7? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

how do you feel about ff7?
  lame
  could have been better
  i love,love,love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Results

cloud fair ff7

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:30 pm
I love it, alot like one time i sleept for like 5min or so and i was compeltly awake for about an hour until i noticed how long i slept for and went to bed.
(if you didnt get it i was talking about how in final fantasy ,and other video games , the person sleeps for about 7sec and then wakes up to the next day. ^_^)  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:10 pm
It's a little overrated but, FFVII is still cool in my opinion.  

Sorceress Rinoa VIII

5,550 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Magarah Tezerra

5,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:37 pm
Has anyone played FF9 or FFX-2? (yes, I'm missing one (ff10))  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:39 am
I love it. *cough -myavatar- cough* Nostalgia or whatever; it was my first FF game, and it will always hold a special place in my heart. Simple as that. ^^  

Dr Lucrecia Crescent MD
Captain

Neko_chan_IX

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:06 pm
I kinda dont like it
maybe because its overrated... I dunno... one winged angel is one of the songs i hate from ff because i listen to it so many times...
the only FF7 i liked to play was FFCC only because zack is the one of the only ff7 characters that acts to do things right and always acts with possitive spirit  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:37 pm
well to tell the truth i like all Final Fantasy's so any of them i like.  

Alma_Frostangel

Wistful Conversationalist

20,325 Points
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

mew Aeris
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:10 pm
Okay, I love the game. Everything about it. The music, the plot... everything! The problem (overrated, ect.) I think aren't with the game(s) itself, it's specificfans.

A good 75-80% (at least that I've met) of the so called fans are newer generation fangirls who have seen Advent Children, and go on about "oh my GAWD! Cloud/Sephiroth/Vincent is SOOOO HAWT!!!111!!!" A good majority or those haven't even played the original.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to single anyone out or make any enemies; I'm sure my numbers are a little high realistically. I just really hate it when I say that FFVII is my favorite game, someone ALWAYS goes off like "Oh you're such a loser! Everyone likes that game! You only like it because the guys are hot! Cloud is so emo! You're so emo for liking that game!" I can deal with the fangirls, but it'd be nice to avoid the label associated with VII fans...

I love Final Fantasy. VII the most, but I also love the whole series. Right now I'm in the middle of VI and IX, and it's awesome.

[/end rant]  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:16 am
I'm recognizing what you're saying, Aeris. It's the same here. Being labeled as a "FFVII fan" is a bad thing nowadays, and I don't like the tone that particular phrase has taken on. I would like to be a FFVII fan, and proud of it, but the way the fanbase has turned is.... well, it's simply scary (do I sometimes sense a dim, yet distinct, resemblance between some of the more rabid FFVII "zomG clod's lyek th hottest eva!!!1!11!one" and the Edwardian "his skin's liek marbel soooo cuuuteee!!!!!1!111!one lol" fan crowd? Ahem....) It's sad how things has turned out ever since SE started to sell of the games of the "Reminiscence: Final Fantasy VII" series. (I would not take poison on that that's the official titles of them, though.)
I really dislike how people tend to put a = between the original game and the spinoffs (AC, BC, CC and DoC). The spinoffs are nothing like the original game, and I don't think the original in and off itself is overrated. Rather, I think the movie and the spinoffs has destroyed some of the magic that was the original Final Fantasy VII.

See... when I played the original game for the first time, it opened up my eyes to what a video game can be like. FFVII doesn't hold a place in my heart as the ultimate roleplay, but it did broaden my horizons. While playing, I sat wondering what would happen a few hours ahead, and I was curious about how the plot would unfold. I was shocked when there were twists in the plot, and a few times I lost track. But it made me think. And for that, I do love it.

It wasn't until my second playthrough that all pieces started to line up and I got a better understanding for all the finer lines of it. I started to analyze characters and happenings, and I enjoyed that playthrough even more than my first one. The nostalgia combined with the new depths I uncovered made me happy.

A few years later there was talk about a movie being made, and possibly a sequense. As many other fans, I looked forward to seeing what would be done from the basic concepts of my favorite game. It would be especially interesting to see how they would move on with the plot, I thought. *cough* And as we all know, the plot in Final Fantasy: Advent Children was..... non-consistent, as best. (A fan who made a fan-video puts it the best way: "The plot is on crack, just go with it!") But I was young and naïve; I hoped they would work with the themes they had used in the original game, and that I had come to love and respect.

Of course, I was in for disappointment. When my friends and I were done watching, we quickly decided that it had been worth watching just to see the characters in another form than the manga-esque drawings and the lego-graphics from the original. But it gave no more input whatsoever. Rather, it brought in a lot of questionmarks and was all in all a good way for SE to give the fans some fanservice ("bishounen *drool*") and make money in the process....

Enter Dirge of Cerberus...

It murdered a lot of the events from the original game, altering them into absurdity and adding new elements that had not even been implied earlier. I will attempt not to rant longer than is necessary here unless asked to, so I will keep it short. In my opinion, the game was horrible. And when I realized two more games were to be released to "complete" the plot holes in the original (plotholes that had just been created since the release of DoC...) I realized the catastrophe could not be stopped... Why did they add more elements into a game that was nothing like its spinoffs? And how were they supposed to save this sinking wreck of a ship?

Before Crisis, the Turks game for cellphone, was not released outside of Japan, but fan-translations were quickly released. It seemed sort of okay, so I put my hopes to the Crisis Core game that would be released for PSP. In for another disappointment? You bet. And the disappointment can be summed up in one word:

Genesis.

And with that, I think I will end my ranting for now. This has gone on for far too long. sweatdrop I'm sorry guys, I just have a lot on my chest, and since I do love the original game, I feel that a few things has to be said about my opinion on the later "original games" that has gotten into the debate lately.  

Dr Lucrecia Crescent MD
Captain

Destructive Incarnate

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:48 am
It's mostly the fan base that ruined the whole FFVII thing for me. In all honesty, it was one of the first playstation games I've played, besides super nintendo. Final Fantasy VI was my first FF game I ever played. Over all, FFVII did have a rather amazing & twisting plot. The melody throughout the game was well suited for all the scenarios. Still, to this day, don't really like FFVII. Again, this is my opinion, but FFIX was my favorite, next to VIII. It just captivated me by the music, the characters, the love story, everything about it was enticing.

I found it pathetic how Square-enix went off to make all these other FFVII related games. Dirge of Cerberus, Before Crisis, Crisis Core, & advent children. Even FFX (No offense to those who like 10); I really didn't like the story or characters much, unlike when I was blown away by FF7, 8 & 9. Even FFX has a sequel in X-2. What about FFVIII? The whole Rinoa is Ultimecia theory? That would've been rather interesting if they were to expand the story on it as well.

Other games such as Chrono Cross, or Chrono Trigger didn't really have recognition and it was a great game series as well.

I'd like to apologize to anyone who would take my opinion at heart and have any sort of offense in which I mean no harm. I only wish to let my voice be shared with others who wish to speak out themselves.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:14 pm
FFVII was my third FF game, right behind FFVI and FFIV on SNES. I thought it was the most amazing game ever! I honestly felt like it was the best game. What, I was like seven years old when I played the game, and I was already crushing on Cloud. Yep.

Okay so the movie comes out. I was like "No way a movie!" and all I can say was that it was awesome! I just loved that movie! Then I started thinking...well, why did FFVII get a movie? I go and buy the DVD and see that all these new games were going to come out, and I was surprised.

I said to myself "I gotta play those games!" and went and borrowed DoC from my friend. I didn't like the gameplay (not a fan of third-person shooters) but the story was...okay. Cutscenes were beautiful, but that's it. Well, all in all, that game was meh, but then I started hating the game, only becasue of the fans. Yep. The little peoples who were babies when FFVII came out and never played it ruined it for me.  

Nikki Rydia

Gifted Summoner Yuna

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:43 pm
I'm going to have to agree with everyone. FFVII was great until it developed it's rabid fanbase. I liked it much better when you didn't get so-called "fans" who have just seen AC and havn't even played the game yet, saying that they love VII and go tell everyone. It was great when people started opening up to it, but now it's ridicoulous. Such as how people don't play any of the other ones. They'll play VII and then ditch the rest of the games. It's basically the ultimate let down for those of us who have played Final Fantasy from 1-(soon-to-be- XII)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:47 am
mew Aeris
Okay, I love the game. Everything about it. The music, the plot... everything! The problem (overrated, ect.) I think aren't with the game(s) itself, it's specificfans.

A good 75-80% (at least that I've met) of the so called fans are newer generation fangirls who have seen Advent Children, and go on about "oh my GAWD! Cloud/Sephiroth/Vincent is SOOOO HAWT!!!111!!!" A good majority or those haven't even played the original.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to single anyone out or make any enemies; I'm sure my numbers are a little high realistically. I just really hate it when I say that FFVII is my favorite game, someone ALWAYS goes off like "Oh you're such a loser! Everyone likes that game! You only like it because the guys are hot! Cloud is so emo! You're so emo for liking that game!" I can deal with the fangirls, but it'd be nice to avoid the label associated with VII fans...

I love Final Fantasy. VII the most, but I also love the whole series. Right now I'm in the middle of VI and IX, and it's awesome.

[/end rant]

I quite agree with you. Though on another level i dislike how they make Cloud and Sephiroth more tragic

Like in Dissidia Sephiroth took his own life.... >.<[/spoiler end]

Bloodstorm Revolution

Shy Noob

13,575 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Firestarter 200
  • Inquisitor 200

mew Aeris
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:43 am
And speaking of Dissidia, what the hell did they do to Cloud??!!! Original Cloud was NOT that mopey! I liked Dissidia; it's the only fighting game I'm good at... (150-something days of continuous play, FTW) But I liked it just for the gameplay... and the music.

but come on Cloud! "I'm not going to sleep well tonight." "I can't smile about this." Really?

No wonder why everyone calls 7 fans emo...  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:15 am
It's loads of fun, and it has a lot of political themes I can identify with, with a smattering of Lovecraftian horror.

It also has one of the biggest collections of fantards ever, though. And it's really irritating how the franchise keeps making Cloud more and more emo. FF7 was originally about something bigger than a spiky-haired emo kid having an epic fight with a white-haired prettyboy.  

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

T3h Jinji

Hallowed Sex Symbol

8,850 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:09 pm
Funny story.
Back in high school, I helped run my school's anime club, and the year FF:AC came out, we decided to play it for everyone.
One of my friends chose that day to come for the first time.
She'd never played any of the FFs, and had no idea what was going on.
During the scene when Cloud is jumping into the sky to attack Bahamut, she turned to me and said, "He looks like a sperm jumping into an egg."
I couldn't help it, I giggled.
xD

Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas