Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Xena Guild

Back to Guilds

In a time of ancient gods, warlords, and kings, a land in turmoil cried out for a hero. She was Xena, a mighty princess... 

Tags: Xena, warrior, princess, Gabrielle, Lawless 

Reply The Xena Guild
Because I'm ignorant... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

C h e r r yADE xx

6,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:57 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I'm pretty new to the idea about subtext and the like. I've never really been able to talk to anyone about Xena and Hercules (poor me!)

So I wanna talk about all these coupling ideas people have. You all use code words for it which I'm just blatantly ignorant of. I'd love to hear peoples ideas about both series!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:12 am
I think we have a Dictionary of Xena words and phrases that we use around here, somewhere. Give me a minute and I'll go look for it for you. 3nodding  

EhmiEhmi
Crew

4,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

C h e r r yADE xx

6,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:19 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Riiiight! Now I know what subtexter's and bitetexters are and that shizzle, lemme hear your ideas and reason.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:58 am
Do you know about shippers? Ares and Xena. 3nodding And there's the lesser shippertext, Gabby and Joxer.
And there's centric texts. Like an Gabby-centric subber. Basically means that they like the pairing almost entirely because of one particular half of the couple.
And then there's anti-text. People who want all the relationships to be platonic.
And horsetext, which is a half-way joke. (Only half-way, though.) It's a type of antitext. That's people who just want Xena and Argo to be together forever. whee Non-sexually of course. ninja ninja ninja
And there's cracktext. That's just really stupid, obscure, and random pairings. Pairings that aren't even possible in some cases. (Like if they never met.)
And there's weretext. Which is a form of bitext. It was invented in the Xena guild. And as far as I know, I'm the only weretexter in the world. It's like being a werewolf, but with fandom. I'm way shipper, but around the full moon, I turn into a subber. gonk blaugh heart Don't ask. pirate

The guild is mostly subbers, several bitexters, and a couple shippers. Most notably...

Fenny (FluffyWuffieBunny) - subber
Eemz (EhmiEhmi) - subber
Skillzy (Hillsys_Stalker) - subber
Princessah - Ares-centric shipper
Pez (Azhren) - antitexter/horsetexter
Me - shipper-centric weretexter
Lite (Literate B-a-s-t-a-r-d) - cracktexter
Boss Man (Mr. Moo) - Nobody knows. ninja Boss Man is a ninja of fandom. ninja ninja ninja  

DysFUNKtional Duck
Crew

FluffyWuffieBunny
Vice Captain

7,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:21 pm
To hear our reasons for our text of choice would be a lot of summary from a lot of other threads.
xd
Most of us have been here for a couple years now, we've talked about a LOT of Xena.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:34 pm
FluffyWuffieBunny
To hear our reasons for our text of choice would be a lot of summary from a lot of other threads.
xd
Most of us have been here for a couple years now, we've talked about a LOT of Xena.
Still, we shouldn't just neglect our new members. xd
Sorry new members, we've already said everything there is to say. No more talking about Xena. ninja
This is the Xena guild, for crying out loud! gonk  

DysFUNKtional Duck
Crew

C h e r r yADE xx

6,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:24 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I'm not gonna remember all that...  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:30 pm
C h e r r yADE xx
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I'm not gonna remember all that...
You don't have to. You'll catch on after a while. blaugh  

DysFUNKtional Duck
Crew

[Mr. Moo]
Captain

Dapper Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:24 pm
ninja  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:38 pm
WOO! HORSE/ANTITEXTERS ROOL! 4laugh and ish easy teh remember all this shtuff ninja xena politics get talked about ALL deh time so it gets punded inteh yur brain pretty hard ninja  

Trusty Shamrock
Crew

Skillzyo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:18 pm
I am most definitely a Gabrielle-centric subber. I don't know why. XD  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:29 am
I love Gabby, but I still like Xena more.
But Xena PLUS Gabby is even better in my books.  

FluffyWuffieBunny
Vice Captain

7,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Clambake 200

Trusty Shamrock
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:27 pm
there should be a xena warrior princess and xena destroyer on nations centric one ninja cuz xenas kewl but 2 xenas ish kewl x 2 3nodding and and deh square root of xena kewl ish candeh + chkrm! so 2(candeh+chkrm)to deh second power= realleh good 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:11 pm
I used to be more in love with Xena, but now I'm more in love with Gabrielle. Not sure why. Still, with minor exceptions, I'm a HUGE subtexter. 3nodding

@ Pez - Stop being all smartified and making the rest of us look bad! gonk  

EhmiEhmi
Crew

4,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Trusty Shamrock
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:16 pm
surry ninja i just wanted teh out do fennys math  
The Xena Guild