View Results

Preliat Militis

Enduring Cultist

11,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:09 am
Day started off decently enough. I'm one more day closer to getting the promotion I'm getting on the 1st of Feb, got a message from someone I had been looking forward to talking to for a long time, had enough time to pack my stuff for this weeks adventure and I was off. Then, for some reason, no one huge thing happened, but thousands of tiny things just swarmed around me. It's like, you dodged a giant boulder, but then ten million indigenous children come out of the bushes and threw sand at you while asking you to buy their ******** chiclets. We get to our 'camp' and apparently the guys who don't ******** stay here over night took most of the food, leaving us with nothing but MRE's and coffee. I can handle that, no big deal. So later we get resupplied with food and the genius people in charge of that locked the s**t up in a damned cupboard that no one can get to because they were too damn lazy to stock the fridges and freezers and shelves at the moment. Then I can't remember how to get the layers in photoshop where I move a picture from one file to the next without bringing over the white negative space. I guess that's my fault, but after trying several different things and looking for help online, I got frustrated to no end, and the fact that firefox stopped responding 8, I s**t you not, 8 times did nothing to calm my nerves. I give up on ever remembering how to do this and I decide that I'll just wait until around August when I'll definitely be done with this s**t hole country and I have my tablet again so I can do the work I want to again. Attempting to calm myself down for getting mad over such tiny, minute things, I decide to go have dinner and, big surprise the lazy, stupid, inconsiderate, worthless, turds who call themselves our supporting unit decided not to bring the late comer food into the little dining area like they always did before tonight. So I ate one of them snack sized bowls of Frosted Flakes with that stupid camel milk that tastes awful, but hey it keeps fresh in up to 120 degree weather. I guess no one got the memo that it's ******** cold in Iraq right now. All of these teeny, tiny things bored way under my skin, yet me breaking my old lap top, losing about three days worth of writing for an assignment for work, losing almost $300 worth of music on iTunes and a death in the family don't even phase me. God, am I messed up or what?

But... after posting all of this, I am quite over it and I realize now I just needed to vent. I'm actually kind of annoyed at myself for complaining like some emo kid who thinks his life is oh so terrible. I am actually surprised I haven't exploded in a violent rage or broke down crying after not talking about what has been bothering me for the past 2 years that I've had this lovely job and keeping so many things bottled up, but, I feel so much better, seeing some of what I'm feeling rationalized into words that I can understand, rather than emotions that I don't. So, now that, for the most part, all is well in the world of Shifty, how are my favoritist Fluffy Fluffers? :3  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:30 am
The kids of tomorrow don't need today

Uh, I'm not good at the whole advice and comfort thing but, uh -Offers a hug?-
xD

My life sucks hard right now but whatever. Thus is life.

When they live in the sins of yesterday

Tai Takahashi
Vice Captain

Dapper Lunatic

7,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200

Preliat Militis

Enduring Cultist

11,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:24 am
*appreciates offer but respectfully declines* No worries. Everything got a whole lot stupider and now I'm the one who's most calm about it. xD

Gotta love life, right? rolleyes  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:49 pm
Seeing all this makes me sad. I wish I could help out in some way but I don't think there is any way I could help. But know that my thoughts are with all of fluffers and my hopes that your lives will get better.

I have my ups and downs though in truth looking at this I realize I really have nothing to complain about or rant about.  

dragonmonkey

Fluffy Glitch

Preliat Militis

Enduring Cultist

11,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:07 pm
lol Your sympathy is appreciated, but don't be so hard on yourself. Everyone has a tolerance to different kinds of stress and anyone can have a hard life.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:21 pm

well, at least you got that all out and vented because bottled up explosions are not good... and despite all that you seem pretty level headed. i would be rocking back and forth in a tight ball x.x

im fine btw, things in school have settled down for the most part so im good for now >.<

d e b i J

Preliat Militis

Enduring Cultist

11,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:41 pm
lol I just imagined myself curled up in a ball in the back of our MRAP singing some song I don't know the words to. xD

That's good, though. School is one of the leading causes of maturity in people over the age of 7. D: Be careful.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:42 pm
Venting is indeed a good way to un-bottle the stress. I am a sounding board for many friends...And my hubbie.

And I am fine...Still looking at the package that I have to send to you though Shifty. sweatdrop I have it kinda packed...But not completely. I SHALL SEND IT!!!!...Probably in a few months. I was suposed to send it to you last year...And I looked at it at Christmas and forgot to finish packing & send it then.

Fazzey

Desirable Bloodsucker

6,250 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Preliat Militis

Enduring Cultist

11,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:56 am
lol I'm usually a vent outlet for a lot of my friends, too, so I guess this is actually kind of funny. xD

Package? What package? o.o Last year? I don't live where I was last year. xD Gah, I'm so confused! lol  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:53 am
o.o Shifty!! I have but one phrase for you to help you on your way... "BROOKLYN RAAAGE~!" Youtube it.. all your pains will fade away with rofls XD

But you damn well amaze me with how you handle yourself out there!  

KuroAkaNeko

Fashionable Raider

35,075 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

Preliat Militis

Enduring Cultist

11,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:14 am
I'll have to give that a looksie. x3

You mean how I don't tell anyone? o.o Until now. xD  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:50 pm
oooh. . .

That's a lot of rageful situations you had there. . .

*Offers katana*

Harakiri anyone?  

LordKiston

1,325 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

M i n a k o
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:40 pm
Sorry to hear about all that crap.. I've got a lot of s**t of my own going on here.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:26 am
@Kiston- No thanks. A sad as suicide is, and as much as I don't like talking crap about old friends, suicide is the cowardly way out. I miss them, but nothing is ever that bad.

@Minako- Dealing with it okay? ]:  

Preliat Militis

Enduring Cultist

11,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

KuroAkaNeko

Fashionable Raider

35,075 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250