weirdgeniousxD

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:36 pm
i have a theory that
maybe harry is like related to
godric gryffindor ar salazar slytherin,
maybe both. just a thought you know.
what do you think?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:49 pm
It is a proven fact that Harry is in no way related to Slytherin, if he was, he would've been able to control the Basilisk. But the last Heir of Slytherin is Voldmort and last time I checked, Voldemort is in no way related to Harry.  

Elliot Salem

Kairi Black

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:49 pm
Vash_the_gundam_pilot
It is a proven fact that Harry is in no way related to Slytherin, if he was, he would've been able to control the Basilisk. But the last Heir of Slytherin is Voldmort and last time I checked, Voldemort is in no way related to Harry.

Yeah, Voldmort is not related to Harry but did give him part of his power. So power wise I guess you could say they are related.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:43 am
ya i know just wondering.
how bout the gryffindor thing?  

weirdgeniousxD

jewangel

4,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:05 pm
i think it would be really cool if harry is related to gordic gryffindor and an argument you can use is from the 2nd book when dumbledore tells harry that only a true gryffindor could pull the sword out of the hat he meant only somebody related to gordic gryffindor could pull the sword out of the hat. what do u think will happen when harry goes visits gordic hallow(or something like that) to vivst harry parents grave will ginny be with him and ron and hermnione  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:48 pm
About the true Gryffindor thing, I think Dumbledore meant that only someone who possessed the qualities of Godric could pull the sword out. I think that there is no possible way that Harry is related to Godric. Also, he is not related to Slytherin, because Voldemort was the last living relative, plus, if he was related to Slytherin, Harry would have been put in Slytherin rather then Gryffindor.  

Badger Mule

mscarrieb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:41 pm
Meg_Hertz
About the true Gryffindor thing, I think Dumbledore meant that only someone who possessed the qualities of Godric could pull the sword out. I think that there is no possible way that Harry is related to Godric. Also, he is not related to Slytherin, because Voldemort was the last living relative, plus, if he was related to Slytherin, Harry would have been put in Slytherin rather then Gryffindor.

I would have to disagree, Harry could very well be related to Godric. I mean, his parents lived in Godric's Hollow for crying out loud, what bigger clue could there be?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:24 am
Yeah, but Gordic's Hollow could be the name of a village or sub-division.

OR they'd just named it that for the hell of it.  

Luamervara

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Kermi

Hygienic Consumer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:26 am
Rowling has never been too opaque with her clues. However, it probably is just a coincidence - I imaginbe if Harry was the heir of Gryffindor, it would have been mentioned by now - unless of course it's something being saved for the final battle between Harry and Voldemort.  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games